1000 Watt HPS Ballast Brands you prefer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 Watt HPS Ballast Brands you prefer

I still need to purchase my 1000 watt Ballasts. I was originally going to go with the Hortilux Gold Series, but after purchasing the 600 watt MH Gold series I found out they weren't compatible with the PowerBox 7500 DPC 240v Timer I bought. According to the folks at PowerBox the Gold Series causes a lot of electrical interference. When I would try and turn the Ballast on the Timer would just cycle through Auto On/Off Manual On/Off. I am unable to return the PowerBox Timer but would still like to be able to use it since it was kind of pricey. We have everything wired up correctly and has been tested with a voltmeter so I know that is not the cause of the issue. What brands do you all prefer? I am looking for quality/longevity in the ballast. Would prefer electronic but would look at digital ballasts as well. Thanks in advance for the input.

Solis tek.

Comment

I have been looking into Solis Tek, they seem to have a good reputation. My only concern is I would like to run Horitlux Super HPS bulbs and from what I am reading Hortilux bulbs are not compatible with Digital ballasts. Some of this information is outdated (2011-2012) and perhaps bulbs/ballasts have changed since. Just don't want to get stuck with a 120$ bulb that won't fire up.

Comment

Right now I am running a solis tek 600 dimmable digital ballast with an eye horitilux hps bulb...no probs so far...ran eye hortilux mh during veg
        Last edited by canbethewicked; 01-03-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Looks like I will be going with Solis tek. I hope it doesn't give me the same timer issues with my powerbox as the Hortilux Gold series. Thanks for the quick responses.

Comment

Good luck on your grow Norml56

Comment

Went with the SolisTek Matrix LCD SE/DE 1000W Dimmable Digital Ballast. I had already bought the single ended reflector so won't be running DE bulbs yet. I also found 1000watt eye hortilux super HPS bulbs on sale for 51$ at growershouse.com.

Comment

nice Norml56, have you started your plants? are u sticking around to show pics? Ive seen that ballast looks like very high quality, good luck on your grow!!
                Last edited by canbethewicked; 01-16-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

I only have pictures when they are a couple days old. Will get some more recent ones soon. They have since been topped and are looking nice. I also included a picture of the building. looking into the veg room from the flower room. This is also an older picture. I have finished painting.
                  Last edited by Norml56; 01-17-2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

love the egg shell starters, have you tried your timer with the new ballast?

Comment

Really like the egg starter. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Haven't tried the Timer with the new ballast yet. Hopefully it will be here this week. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works so I can keep buying these solis tek Ballasts. Think I will need at least 3 more.

Comment

Ballasts work great! Will be purchasing 2 more soon! They also work with my timer so that is a plus.

Comment

Working...
                          X