New grower need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New grower need advice

First time all around growing and I have a cheap grow setup wondering if anyone have any advice for me have 3 cfl 23w 1620 lumens and a vegetable grow light I started them in mg potting mix feeds up to six months do u think it's to strong

I bought some soil by mistake that fed up to six months and my result wasnt too great it ended up burning my plant pretty bad because of nute burn.

Comment

Either make your own grow medium or get one that has no nutrients in it at all i say in my opinion.

Comment

Ok so should I wait till there strong enough then transplant them in fresh no nute soil and do u think lighting is ok

Comment

gene87, what size pots are your plants in? i would suggest a transplant into at least a 5 gal. container and use a no nute medium, water them good for a few days and when they show they are getting adjusted to it give them a small amount of food about every third watering. with CFL's give them as much light as you can and keep them as close to the tops without burning them. i found my plants were doing good with a bank of CFL's but when they get bigger they really took off when i added a good LED light. they are a little pricey but well worth it, look around and you can find one that fits your budget. i've never tried the BB, so i can't really comment on them, but i would guess that they aren't much different than any others. hope this helps, and good luck.
          gary

Comment

Pots are about cup in volume plants are still growing should I let them before repotting or go ahead

Comment

Post pics Gene87

Comment

This is a pic of two I am worried bout. Hope pic is ok
                Attached Files

Comment

What kind of soil you using? And time will tell if that one is going to make it but the other looks good, and the one kinda in the picture looks like its been stretching for the light for a while.

Comment

Mg potting soil and he has it's another to that has stretching should I go ahead and repot them?

Comment

Hi Gene. I think you should just wait a week or so before repotting. And when you do, treat them very very carefully. Your plants a really fragile at this stage.
                      I would definitely ditch the mg stuff. Shineman gives you excellent advice above /\/\

Comment

Working...
                      X