Veg lighting vs. flower lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg lighting vs. flower lighting

I have been growing in the flowering stage for almost a year now. I have been getting plants ready for flower from a dispensary. I want to start vegging my own so I can mainline multiple colas and shape how I want them to grow. Are the lighting parameters the same in the veg stage as in the flower? I usually grow 4 plants under a 1000 watt HPS lamp in a 4x4 tent that yields just about a pound cured. Should I stay true to the 4x4 1000 watt for only 4 plants in veg as well? Or can I utilize more space and veg more under the same light and space?

Originally posted by GoodGuy View Post
    I have been growing in the flowering stage for almost a year now. I have been getting plants ready for flower from a dispensary. I want to start vegging my own so I can mainline multiple colas and shape how I want them to grow. Are the lighting parameters the same in the veg stage as in the flower? I usually grow 4 plants under a 1000 watt HPS lamp in a 4x4 tent that yields just about a pound cured. Should I stay true to the 4x4 1000 watt for only 4 plants in veg as well? Or can I utilize more space and veg more under the same light and space?
    you dont need hps for veg. a 600 mh would do 5x5 area perfect even a 6x6 since the plants are much shorter/smaller in veg. the hood makes the difference. if you want to cut down on heat get t5HO lights to cover the area evenly a 4x4 would need 2 6 bulb fixtures to do a great job and lower the heat. there are allot of options.

Comment

Thanks DC. A mh is what I had planned on using based on light spectrum. So would the 600 watts be good for just the same 4 plants that I would flower in that space, or do you think I can veg a higher number and then move them into a 3-4 plant tent with 1000 watt HPS?

Comment

Until I went to led's, I had 1000 watt HPS for everything. From babies to harvest. I've also had great returns. Just another opinion! Mega Nute

Comment

Hi GoodGuy, have just answered you on another post.
          Both of your suggestions above would be fine. You could save money by vegging them under a 600W then changing up to a 1000W for flowering. Or you could veg more plants under the 1000W, but then, what would you do with those extra vegged plants if you only have room to flower 4 of them?

Comment

Well, I plan to upgrade space in the near future. I'm not utilizing my full authorization at the moment. This is why I want to clone and veg myself. What I'm looking to do is veg 8, flower 7, and take clones from the leftover. Thanks for all the help

Comment

Get an dimmable ballast 1000 watt. then you can use what you need. 600/750/1000 watt

Comment

Working...
              X