UVB UVA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVB UVA

Hello. Have been reading a bit about using UVA and UVB reptile lights as supplemental lighting. I have read that cannabis plants put out extra resin production as protection against high UV levels.
    Anybody got any info, opinion, experience with this? I'm very keen to learn about this, especially about what wavelengths of light might be most appropriate.....

My GrowthStar’s PowerBloom Plus LED uses UV and almost finished and i am impressed from what i can see.

Comment

you dont want uva. ATI makes the perfect light. Actinic which puts out uvb perfect for plants.

Comment

I read a book back in the early 90's about true afghani grown in the high deserts. They said that in the last two weeks of flower they would cut off what was then referred to as the "shade leaves" so that the buds would produce dripping resin to protect themselves from UV Rays. With that said, I've never tried it. I only trim the bottom leaves that get no light and lollipop my plants. Don't know if that helps, maybe at least gives some helpful reading advice. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X