Led

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led

Hey, was wondering if someone could let me know how far L.E.D. Lights should be above my plants. I am new to LED's and am still investigating the right way to grow with them! Thanks, Mega nute

Originally posted by Mega nute View Post
    Hey, was wondering if someone could let me know how far L.E.D. Lights should be above my plants. I am new to LED's and am still investigating the right way to grow with them! Thanks, Mega nute
    Hi Mega

If your plants are in bloom, then you would want to keep the LED's 8~12 inches above the plants, if sprouts are under LED's, then more like 24 inches from top of the plants, until they reach about 4 weeks, then slowly over the next week, lower the light to 10~12 inches. Watch for curling leafs as first indicator, if lights are too close.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Wish you all the best with your new lights, Yeah man!!!, I'm way happy for you. Mine are lov'in their new LED.

Comment

I myself like to use CFL for seedlings that way you can keep the light really close and the seedling won't stretch as much and get a thicker main stalk.

Comment

Thanks Blaze, I am looking to gathering info for my start in 2 months. My plants have been so twisted and bent to do like sea of green. The amount of work to change lights now is just not feasible w/ me going in hospital in less than 2weeks! I want things to run smooth as possible as I don't know how long I will be in there. I am just trying collect data so I will be ready to go!and thanks Katzie, I do use t-5's for veg. And then hps for flowering. I will do same but led will replace Hps this time. I will be asking questions as we go and thank you and katzie for your help. MN

Comment

I had my leds a foot away and the one predominant w/red made the leaves canoe on me - the leds are twice the size of the blue predominant one - Did a total revamp yesterday and have the leds about 2 foot away - will let you know of any changes. These leds are OK for stealth and small grows - don't know about larger ops. slo-han

Comment

Patience - gotta find some - like any other light source your plant has to get used to it - I threw my babies into two led panels and they were 8 inches away - burn baby burn - keeping them away(higher) and slowly bringing them down has helped tremendously. This was mentioned above but thought I would fortify that remark. Now, where did I put that can of patience - slo-han

Comment

Moved my light today, too from 8 inches away to around 20 inches, they are growing so fast and am too, noticing canoeing of the leafs at the last hour of their light on cycle, every day.

Mine get LED light all night when it's cold out, light comes on at 7pm till 8am, then out to the sun till 1pm for their final 5 hours of light for the day. Leafs canoe a little in that final hour, but are fine when I check them when light (LED) comes back on.

Their growing like crazy and better get them to bloom soon, running out of room overhead, for them to grow their last 1/3 of height in bloom cycle, Yicks!

Comment

Boy oh boy blaze, this kinda life is just horrible ain't it - slo

Comment

I kept mine pretty close at the beginning and it kept the internodal spaces tight as hell. I did spot some bleaching after a while though and the plants seemed a bit stressed, so I backed of to about 18" and they all seem very happy now.

Comment

Working...
                  X