Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to improve my setup for free or (almost)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to improve my setup for free or (almost)

I started in the closet from seeds 3 plants to test and 2 weeks after i started 5 more. I kept 6 healthy ones. I have had a 45w neon in there and that's it.

I found a cheap thermometer at the dollar shop and looking for a humidex tester. after paying my rent and bills i will have 50$ to buy food for the month.

I have no money but i will do with what i got. Right?

2 weeks ago I took my 6ft living room lamp apart and hung it over the neon with a 27w=100w florescent house light.

img_01_lights.jpg I now have the option of normal 100w bulb or fluo 27w on the lamp. (Currently using the 27w)

I sense poor isolation so it's not very warm in there. it can get pretty dry. yet i feel the plants might want some heat. This is where the lamp comes into play.

I am scared of burning my leaves. (I have a few questions here)

I can touch the neon and not burn myself right away, I just feel the heat but i haven't touched it very long either.
    Q1: 45w Neon, How close to the neon can i get them ? What if the leaves touch the tube ?
    Q2: 27w Fluo, Same question
    Q3: 100w reg. house light, Can/should I use it as a heat source ? (If so, whats the safe distance?)
    Q4: Best practices, (Do consider my current setup and budget please) I am listening...
Working...
X