Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum King LEDs

Hi All
    Well it feels like Christmas to me. Have just got a loan of two amazing LED lighting panels from a friend who is going to be abroad for a while. I've been sat here looking at the spec of them and they really are the business. Check them out here.
    Super Grow LED - Spectrum King? (SK450) and Halo? (SGL6)
    I'm just finishing up what's going on in my tent at the mo and then I will do a grow diary with these bad boys.
    I wanted to take a step up from the autos I have been growing so will be growing some Black Diesel. It's a Black Domina/NYC Diesel cross.
    I only have one seed at the moment so I have a plan to get her underway, take some cuttings and once I am sure they have taken, I will flower her out. Black Diesel has a lot of sativa qualities which is good as she will need topped and supercropped to flatten out the canopy and make the most of these lights. I might even try to SCROG her. Or maybe I will wait and SCROG the clones when they take.
    Will be looking for advice and input along the way.
    As I say, will be a week or so finishing up and changing over my tent. But if anybody has any comments to make on the lights in the meantime - I'm all ears. I just needed to post because I'm SO EXCITED! These should make my CFLs look like tea lights candles!
    SK450_small.jpg

The light looks immense. LEDs is a controversial subject, but you can't argue with some of the results I've seen on youtube. I will be very interested to watch your new grow. I watched your Auto Somango with great interest.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mega nute
      Mine is actually disability check. I would love to get one! What size replaces a 1000 watt? Thanks

Mega nute

Two 500wt LED's are equivalent to one 1000wt HID and covers, 16 square feet and can give an experienced grower, that knows what their doing, up to 600 grams in that, 16 square feet grow area, per grow. A true 250 wt LED is equivalent to a 500wt HID Light.

A lot to think about, before buying an LED. One must consider a variety of issues, such as how much growing experience, he or she has had. More experienced growers will get more finished medicine, with their LED's. Pretty much the same with HID's, too.

If this person plans to grow steady for awhile and the expense of the light will pay for itself, in medicine for that person, over a period of time.

How much square footage your trying to cover.

How many plants that person feels comfortable, growing at a time, to fit into the coverage area their trying to light.

If your only growing for yourself, you should be able to find a good, true 250wt LED and keep your grow to a 4' X 4' coverage area for best results. If you want more coverage area, then figure another true 250wt to light another 4' X 4' grow area.

SuperGrowLED's has The Spectrum King and it is a true 250wt. LED. I have researched LED lighting and have learned that they are the pretty clear choice in LED lighting and the only LED manufacturer to back their lights, with a full, 5 year warranty, unheard~of by all other LED lighting manufactures, that I know of.

As far as I know, they are the only LED lighting manufacture, to design a fan~less cooling system, for their LED's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega nute.

Hey man, thanks a lot for all that info. You mention that unless you are and experience grower that this may not be the light for some? Do you mean that someone new can not use this light.or due you feel it is a waste of money on a beginner as you would not get the yield that a more experienced one would?are there different rules under these lights? I mean after several yrs.of 1000 watt HPS I feel I can get a decent amount at harvest and certinally am not complaining about the quality!! I don't use metal halide only HPS from seed. The people who get leggy plants under sodium are not keeping the plants close to the lite. I am all about easing up on the electric bill! And having a light that is not so loud and gives a better yield. Let me know what you think, MN p.s. I only use a 4x4area so it sounds like I could get away with a 250 for that area.i am used to 1000 watt in that area! Would a 250 led give a better return than 1000watt HPS in same 4x4 area? Again let me know
        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-16-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I think from reading these here posts that many of us ( myself included) are from the oldskool background probably past a certain age, and well, stuck in our ways. If I'm wrong I apologise right now. Anyway, I too have been thinking for some time about upgrading to LED's. I have read so much information on the subject, and because it's new technology, it seems there's some change every week, it's just hard to keep up with all that's going on.
          I mean, exactly what is the best LED system specifically for growing cannabis. Whether to use 2watt,3watt,5watt diodes??? Then what wattage do I go for. I currently use 2x600watt hps for an area of approx 6ft X 10ft and growing anywhere between 12 -30ish plants.
          I'm Not able to afford the prices I've seen ( $in the high hundreds) or have prices become in an affordable range yet of say £200-£300 yet.
          And like I said I'm from the oldskool so a little afraid to commit to a product unless I hear from any of you good people out there that have and do use these led's.
          Growing here in the UK is not only illegal but damned expensive Coz of the high costs of electricity. I know these systems will save me.£ in the long term if not immediately, but do I commit. And most importantly, DO THEY ACTUALLY WORK??????

Comment

Originally posted by Blazd4Daz View Post
            Originally posted by Mega nute.

Hey man, thanks a lot for all that info. You mention that unless you are and experience grower that this may not be the light for some? Do you mean that someone new can not use this light.or due you feel it is a waste of money on a beginner as you would not get the yield that a more experienced one would?are there different rules under these lights? I mean after several yrs.of 1000 watt HPS I feel I can get a decent amount at harvest and certinally am not complaining about the quality!! I don't use metal halide only HPS from seed. The people who get leggy plants under sodium are not keeping the plants close to the lite. I am all about easing up on the electric bill! And having a light that is not so loud and gives a better yield. Let me know what you think, MN p.s. I only use a 4x4area so it sounds like I could get away with a 250 for that area.i am used to 1000 watt in that area! Would a 250 led give a better return than 1000watt HPS in same 4x4 area? Again let me know

Mega nute

Your welcome. LED's are for anyone that is growing, regardless if their experienced or not, because LED's are a better lighting choice, due to better cost effective plant production and better growth potential. A more experienced grower, as you stated you fit into the category of, will see much better results from their finished plants, then with HID lighting. I know this first~hand, because I too, grew using 1000wt HID lighting, then switched to growing with LED's and seen a remarkable difference in what I was able to achieve with LED's and saved money each month on my electric usage, which has already started paying me back, each month, not using HID lighting.

LED's are not a waste of money, if you have previously been growing with 1000wt HID's. You will see a 50%~55% decrease in your monthly electric usage from the get~go, this in turn, does off~set the cost of your LED, after a period of time, with continuous usage, it did for me, with my LED. Any new grower, also using LED's will experience 50~55% less electrical usage, than with 1000wt HID's.

Using LED lighting, I now only pay half, if not a tad less, in electric usage, then before using HID lighting. Anyone growing would not have to pay the higher monthly usage from HID lighting, that they would use, if they were to use LED's instead.

I bought my LED last year and used it for my last grow. I was new to LED lighting and bought a 400wt equivalent LED and achieved much better results with it, then with my 1000wt HID set~up, in a 4' X 6' grow room, with two plants contained to a 4' X 4' area because of the 4' X 4' drain tub I was using.

During this past winter of not growing due to added costs of running heat out to my grow rooms and the risk of bud rot from unstable RH conditions, here in the mountains and (no dehumidifier) I have been researching LED lighting, much better then I did before I bought the LED I used in my last grow.

One of the cooling fans in my LED has already started making a slight whining noise and I wish I had done more research, because SuperGrowLED's Spectrum King does not come with fans to cool their lights, they have designed a fan~less cooling system for their lights and now, I know why.

Because of this reason I just ordered the Spectrum King, from SuperGrowLED, a true 250wt that will cover the 4' X 4' grow area I plan to grow 4 plants in this summer. My other LED I will save as a back~up. I only grow for myself and feel the Spectrum King's true 250wt LED light, will do the job, nicely.

As soon as my new LED gets here, I will start my grow diary's for the site, this summer. My sprouts are up and and I'm just waiting for the light to arrive, to get started in the grow diary section, of the forum.

Comment

Im a beginer in grown these amazing plants. I has a few experience with garden and those things, but well... back topic!

Im really thinking to buy a 250W LED lights. I dont has a plan to plant more than 3 plants each time, so... I´ll save some money for this, and let my new 600W HPS lights in the stock.

Will be this a good idea!?

Comment

Originally posted by thegreengrower View Post
                I think from reading these here posts that many of us ( myself included) are from the oldskool background probably past a certain age, and well, stuck in our ways. If I'm wrong I apologise right now. Anyway, I too have been thinking for some time about upgrading to LED's. I have read so much information on the subject, and because it's new technology, it seems there's some change every week, it's just hard to keep up with all that's going on.
                I mean, exactly what is the best LED system specifically for growing cannabis. Whether to use 2watt,3watt,5watt diodes??? Then what wattage do I go for. I currently use 2x600watt hps for an area of approx 6ft X 10ft and growing anywhere between 12 -30ish plants.
                I'm Not able to afford the prices I've seen ( $in the high hundreds) or have prices become in an affordable range yet of say £200-£300 yet.
                And like I said I'm from the oldskool so a little afraid to commit to a product unless I hear from any of you good people out there that have and do use these led's.
                Growing here in the UK is not only illegal but damned expensive Coz of the high costs of electricity. I know these systems will save me.£ in the long term if not immediately, but do I commit. And most importantly, DO THEY ACTUALLY WORK??????
                GreenGrower, I hear you, fellow Old~timer.

Yes they do work, If you need proof, you can go to my grows, in the (Grow Diary Section), here in this forum, under "Growing an Eldorado Outdoors" where I featured my LED, about halfway thru that grow. I started off growing Outdoors, using the sun, part of that grow, thru veg and took it indoors because of the arrival of my new LED and because of noisy weekender neighbors, that were wondering around my fence line. Bloom was done under a 400wt equivalent LED, there.

Need further proof, read my "Growing a Feminized Jock Horror", also in the (Grow Diary Section), here in the forum and you will see what LED lighting can do for your plants. Yes they are expensive, but with continued usage you will save money each month and that saving from not using HID lighting will pay you back, every month on you electric usage.

Need further Proof, read my " How I grow the Tall Sativa, short and bushy" at the very bottom of the "Growing Indoor and hydroponics Section", here in the forum, where I used 1000wt HID lighting, then compare the results.

True, technology in LED lighting is changing and from what I have been researching, LED lighting will be the future in Growing cannabis, because of the savings on usage and the new grow facility's their designing now, won't have the cost of cooling systems, and high electrical drainage costs from using HID lighting, and intake fans and exhaust systems for their facility's, will become a thing of the past, when LED lighting can do the job much better and saves them large amounts of money.

LED's are being designed better and will take over the industry, the majority of the growing community, just doesn't know it yet.

The cooling issue, with the 5 watt chip configuration is the the only hold~up, now confronting the LED manufacturing industry, as I see it.
                Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-16-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuckas View Post
                  Im a beginer in grown these amazing plants. I has a few experience with garden and those things, but well... back topic!

Im really thinking to buy a 250W LED lights. I dont has a plan to plant more than 3 plants each time, so... I´ll save some money for this, and let my new 600W HPS lights in the stock.

Will be this a good idea!?
                  Tuckas

If you plan to continue growing and want better results from your plants and want to save more money on continued usage from your HID light, then The Spectrum King True 250 wt light from SuperGrowLED, should give you better results and save you money on electrical usage, rather than your 600wt HID, if you ask me.

So much so, that I invested in one and am very glad that I did, because of the fan~less cooling system, they use in their lights and all the research I have done and because of all the reviews, I have read online.

Another reason I am recommending this light is because of the slight whining noise I already have, coming from one of the cooling fans in my other LED. The Spectrum King won't give me that problem.

Here is one review, that made up my mind for me, From the WeedBlog.com

SuperGrowLED.com have well over a decades experience producing LED grow lights. Their newest model is the Spectrum King™ (SK450) which is truly full spectrum, no bands of light with gaps, just pure growing light right through the visible spectrum from 420 nm to 750nm. The lights use 3W LEDs x 150 = 450 Watt full capacity driven at 55.5% = 250W true power or draw per unit. They have 6th generation Spectrum II™ LEDs using 100 X ‘white LEDs’ which are a mix of the primary colors red, green and blue (RGB) which supply you with high end color rendering and that full spectrum which covers the supplemental chlorophyll A+B absorption peaks. These 100 X ‘white’ LEDs are expensive to produce and the absolute best on the market. The remaining 50 X LEDs are a mixture of ‘reds’ which effectively turbo charge the flowering so your yields are as big as possible with the far-red output helping strict photoperiod control. The guys at Super Grow LED built their lights with perfect fan-less thermal management and rugged industrial construction including an anodized aluminium chassis. Two of these bad boys at a total draw of 500W produce 25% more yield than a 1000W HID, at half the electricity cost and near zero heat production. Super Grow LED also stand behind their product with an amazing 5 year warranty. The serious growers know the extra quality produces a yield beyond 1 gram per Watt and they are a fixture in some of the largest medicinal grow rooms on the planet.

Comment

Wow..thanx for that. I'll be sure to check those posts out right away. I think, sorry, I know you're right about how they will be the norm of the industry, and we haven't quite caught up yet,, but we will. And me for sure. Just need.to put the £away each month then soon enough I'll be able to purchase one. Thanx again for the info. Off to read your posts now and see the proof.

Comment

Thanks for the info.Blaze, I used to get some good production out of my 400 HPS that was my first hid. So one 250 is equal to a 500, I would think you could get some nice buds out of that by its self. If I should win the lottery this weekend, right, I will buy 2. Now back to the real world, I think I could swing one in about 3months! Will be listening for some results on these. Thanks, Mike. Just read post where to see some results, thanks againMN

Comment

I am looking forward to using my 280w LED panel that is for flowering. Growthstar Power Bloom Plus

Comment

Hey Katzie-Wolf. You say it is a flowering bulb? Are the led's inter-changeable for grow then flower or do you have another lamp for grow? Thanks,MN

Comment

Yes my new LED panel is strictly for flowering and I use CFLs and a 100w LED panel for veg. But right now just using 2-125w CFL for veg.

Comment

Thanks, does anyone know if they come ready for reg house current? Or do you need more juice? MN

Comment

Working...
                              X