Top Shelf Series 1200mx from secondsunlab.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Shelf Series 1200mx from secondsunlab.com

Good bye HID, and Get in here LED. Lets bring forth some real color to my plants, now. I have to send a shout~out to Brandon@sales@secondsunlab.com, for helping me obtain this Beast of a light. This light will decrease my electric bill by half.

DSCN2084 W.jpgDSCN2089 UG.jpgDSCN2086 W.jpgDSCN2088 W.jpgDSCN2090 W.jpg
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-05-2013, 02:38 PM.

Looking forward to bloom cycle. Settings now for my teens, are 50% red's, 75% blue's, and 0% composite's, to start with. Per instructions from company. (secondsunlab.com). will start composite's on low, after a bit.

More to Follow

Comment

Here are the specs for this light.

Top Shelf Series 1200mx 1200 watts! 18,480 Lumen!
      $

SALE PRICE, Retail: $2249
      * 8 X 90-watt composite LEDs! (120 X 3W)
      * 96 X 5-watt LEDs! rated 50,000 hrs
      * Full PAR spectrum including UV and IR
      * 1200W rated, 750W actual draw
      * 3 partitioned dimmers allow for selected spectrum for all plant stages
      * Overheat Protection mechanism -auto off at 140*f internal temp
      * Nearly 33 pounds of machine with a 3 year warranty through us!
      * 3-prong plug + suspension cables included, standard 100-240v
      -free shipping in continental U.S, Worldwide shipping available

Easily meets all lighting needs for a 4'x6' grow tent full of dank.

1200mx SPECIFICATIONS/ MORE INFO HERE

Comment

Spent part of yesterday installing light, and general clean~up on grow area. I will probably be growing indoors from now on, due to nosy neighbors, and the arrival of this light.

When I can compare, from my HID grow journals, from week to week, with this light's results, from time to time, I will post some photo's of each light's progress.

DSCN2092 W.jpgNew LED, andDSCN1923.jpgDSCN1924 w.jpgThe old 400wt, and 600wt HID

More to Follow
        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-11-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Wow 2 grand for that baby!!! I'd like that 600W one that would perfect for me. But $849 i do not have kicking around lol. But them lights are well worth its price by the looks of it. I worked out the price it was costing me to run a 100W LED panel with 350W of CFL and it came out to be .56 cents a day to run while i was in 12/12.
          Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 08-08-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

My Electric bill was around $3.30 a day, thru last winter, with the old 600wt, & 400wt HID's, but I had 2 16in. intake fans, and a 9in exhaust fan. And 2 space heaters going, in 2 grow area's, in the dark period. I used the lighting, to heat my rooms, thru the cold winter nights.

This new LED will cut my lighting part of the bill in half.

Comment

Some photo's of the Eldorado, under veg settings of the 1200mx LED.

DSCN2151.jpg W.jpgDSCN2152 W.jpg

Comment

Here are a few photo's of my Eldorado under the 1200mx in full Bloom settings. Eldorado is in Bloom Week 2.

DSCN2376.JPG W.jpgDSCN2375.JPG W.jpgDSCN2374.JPG W.jpgDSCN2373.JPG W.jpg

Comment

More Photo's

These photo's were taken pryer to those of last post. I am seeing wonderful vigorous growth with this light. And am very satisfied with results. Settings were increased for last post.

DSCN2204.JPG W.jpg W.jpgDSCN2205.JPG W.jpgDSCN2208.JPG W.jpg
                  Last edited by Blaze4daze; 09-11-2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

And one more In natural light. Growth shows results from LED in Bloom week 3

DSCN2391.JPG W.jpg

Comment

VERY pretty!

Comment

Thanks Jonny

What I would love to learn, is how you get those amazing photo's of your plants under led lighting. Unlike mine that have that pinkish glare to them. I noticed you took those photo's with your plants in light on, and they did not have that glare to them. Very beautiful and glare free under bloom setting of your led's.

I just went thru all the settings on my camera and will see if i can get better results from a different setting. But do you change your led settings at all when you take photo's? or do you add any other lights when you photograph your plants to capture a more brilliant photo? With~out that pinkish glare, or is it just the flash from your camera?

I'm just using a Nikon coolpic camera that's at least 5 years old. But those photo's you took did not have any led pinkish glare at all and I am very curious how you did that, without changing the settings on your led's long enough to take a few photo's?

It must be your camera, and special setting on it, to get photo's like that. I know I can get better photo's with~out that glare.

Your plants look amazing. A quick question, (your thoughts) on the use of molasses for soil grows. Some say it adds sugars to your buds and when you light~up your scorching and inhaling those fumes from the scorched sugars, which has got to be hard on your lungs. Others swear by it, saying it increases flavor. But I believe scorched sugar will give your finished buds that harshness taste.

I have been using molasses, but after further research I am discontinuing It's use after trying an experiment. I have two plants currently growing. One of them I am withholding the molasses, the other I will use the molasses and see once and for all, if there is a difference in the harshness of the taste of the finished buds.

Both plants will get flushed real good 2 weeks before harvest.
                        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 09-12-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazd4Daz View Post
                          Thanks Jonny

What I would love to learn, is how you get those amazing photo's of your plants under led lighting. Unlike mine that have that pinkish glare to them. I noticed you took those photo's with your plants in light on, and they did not have that glare to them. Very beautiful and glare free under bloom setting of your led's.

I just went thru all the settings on my camera and will see if i can get better results from a different setting. But do you change your led settings at all when you take photo's? or do you add any other lights when you photograph your plants to capture a more brilliant photo? With~out that pinkish glare, or is it just the flash from your camera?

I'm just using a Nikon coolpic camera that's at least 5 years old. But those photo's you took did not have any led pinkish glare at all and I am very curious how you did that, without changing the settings on your led's long enough to take a few photo's?

It must be your camera, and special setting on it, to get photo's like that. I know I can get better photo's with~out that glare.

Your plants look amazing. A quick question, (your thoughts) on the use of molasses for soil grows. Some say it adds sugars to your buds and when you light~up your scorching and inhaling those fumes from the scorched sugars, which has got to be hard on your lungs. Others swear by it, saying it increases flavor. But I believe scorched sugar will give your finished buds that harshness taste.

I have been using molasses, but after further research I am discontinuing It's use after trying an experiment. I have two plants currently growing. One of them I am withholding the molasses, the other I will use the molasses and see once and for all, if there is a difference in the harshness of the taste of the finished buds.

Both plants will get flushed real good 2 weeks before harvest.
                          Hi Blazd!

First - the easy question: I asked a long-time, big-scale grower about molasses and he said he knows a lot of people who use it to smooth things out, but he does not. He also said using a vape with Molasses-fed product should minimize the threat of harming your lungs. He also said that everyone he knows that uses it, uses it differently. Some use it during the last two weeks before flush and some use it during the entire flower cycle. Dosing varies, with each solution. Sorry I couldn't be more definitive than that.

Photos: The pink/purple glow you see is actually more of a product of the blue LEDs and a lack of the middle frequencies in your luminaire. The reds/blues make this hue more pink if heavier in the reds, more purple if heavier in the blues. I use full-spectrum LED grow lights. In my lights, the extremely-warm white LEDs have a base frequency of 425nm, or Royal Blue, so I don't add more blues into the assemblies as is it unnecessary. The base color of the grow light is a very warm white and the supplementary red LEDs I add only warm things up even more. The things about warm light is that it usually has a very high CRI (Color Rendition Index). High contrast vision is strongly linked to CRI and is very camera-friendly. So, here's my confession: the photos are mostly taken with the automatic setting with an iPhone 5. While we have higher end photo equipment, we find the iPhone's camera is much faster and easier to deal with. I would like to claim I have a secret, but alas, I do not.

Here's one of the GDP's under this lighting.

Take Care,

Jonny
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have made some adjustments with my lighting. for a minute to get these photo's. Thanks! jonnywatt.

Eldorado Bloom Week 3.5

DSCN2452.JPG W.jpgDSCN2430.JPG W.jpgDSCN2446.jpg W.jpgDSCN2445.JPG W.jpgDSCN2450.jpg W.jpg
                            Last edited by Blaze4daze; 09-13-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Blazd!

These are fantastic! I don't think you have anything to worry about - at all! Your trichomes made it to your leaves, so you are golden!

Jonny

Comment

Working...
                              X