No announcement yet.

Look Ma, my first grow!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Look Ma, my first grow!

    The cast of characters

    King Plus 600w Double Chips LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant Flowering Growing (10w Leds)

    Exhaust Fan:
    VIVOSUN 6 Inch 440 CFM Duct Inline Fan with Variable Speed Controller

    VIVOSUN 6 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Fan Pre-filter Included Reversible Flange

    Grow Tent:
    VIVOSUN Horticulture 36"x36"x72" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Obeservation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 3'x3'

    Jacks 3-2-1 per Gallon
    Jacks Classic 4# 5-12-26 Hydroponic
    Jacks Calcium Nitrate 15.5% Nitrogen 18% Calcium 4lb
    Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt)

    PH Tester:
    General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit

    Light Hanger:
    VIVOSUN 2 Pairs of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Reflector Clip Hanger Rope Ratchet with Zinc Alloy Internal Gears

    1/2" PVC, 32" Square, Screen Spacing 2", 550 Paracord

    2 Hash Passion Regular from True North Seed Bank

    Cheep Kmart special

  • #2
    Seeds started in wet paper towel with water that was left out overnight to outgas chemicals. PH lowered to 5.5-6.5.
    Placed in ziplock bag and put on floor of pantry about 80F.

    Both seed sprouted.

    Both seed shells opened. Planted into Solo cups. Broke off part of tap root on B. Placed into tent, light at about 18".
    18 hours on, 6 hours off. Watering with water only, PH 5.5-6.5.

    Started 1/2 strength feeding Jacks 3-2-1
    Last edited by nullers; 02-05-2017, 08:17 PM.


    • #3


      • #4
        12-28-16 Transplanted into 6.5" pots.
        12-29-16 Increased nutes to full strength 3-2-1
        12-30-16 Light at 16". Topped both plants between 5th and 6th node on center growth.
        1-6-17 Topped both plants between 1st and 2nd node on new center growth.
        Last edited by nullers; 02-05-2017, 08:18 PM.


        • #5
          1-5-17 Flush both plants with clean water. Raised light to maintain 18".
          1-6-17 Topped both plants between 1st and 2nd node on new center growth.
          1-7-17 Trimmed bottom fan leaves from both plants. Took two cuttings from both plants at first bottom branch (AA-1, AA-2, BB-1 and BB-2). Each cutting had 6 nodes.
          Stripped leaves from bottom 3 nodes, removed 1/2 of large leaf length. Dipped in rooting hormone, wrapped in water soaked paper towel (PH 5.5-6.5). Wrapped in plastic bags,
          put into cups and places plastic bags over the top. Misted every day.
          1-10-17 Started LST on A and B Raised light to maintain 18".
          1-11-17 Topped A in two places. Topped B in six places.
          1-12-17 Topped A in four places. BB-1 started rooting.
          1-13-17 More LST on A and B. BB-1 and BB-2 have roots. Raised light to maintain 18".
          1-14-17 Roots at bottom of pot both A and B. AA-1, AA-2, BB-1 and BB-2 all have roots.
          1-16-17 Repoted both A and B into 5 gallon buckets. Good roots on both. Raised light to maintain 18".


          • #6
            1-18-17 Potted clones. AA-1 2 or 3 roots about 1", AA-2 3 or 4 roots about 2", BB-1 6 or 7 roots about 3", BB-2 6 or 7 roots about 2". Watered with 1/2 strength 3-2-1.
            Clones began to wilt after a few hours. Misted and covered with plastic. Sprung back up after a few hours.
            1-20-17 Cut vent holes in plastic on all clones.
            1-21-17 Removed plastic from all clones. Raised light to maintain 18".
            1-22-17 Put up screen about 12" from base of plants. A about 11" tall, 18" wide. B about 11" tall, 20" wide.


            • #7
              1-23-17 AA-1, AA-2, BB-1 and BB-2 roots at bottom of cup
              1-24-17 Transplant AA-1+2, BB-1+2 to 6.5 inch pots
              1-26-17 Started lollypoping A+B
              1-28-17 More trimming A+B Began SCOG training


              • #8
                1-31-17 Don't know what the hell I'm looking at, but I hope I'm looking a girls LOL


                • #9
                  1-31-17 Not sure what I'm looking at, but I hope they are girls lol


                  • #10
                    2-1-17 More trimming A+B
                    2-2-17 Began spraying AA-1 and BB-1 with homemade Colloidal Silver
                    2-4-17 Light about 15 inches above top
                    2-5-17 Switched light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12 (7AM-7PM) Topped AA-2 BB-1 and BB-2 between 5th and 6th node.


                    • #11
                      Looks like you should get some great results.........assuming they're girls. I ran into the same issue last year-ended up with way to many plants and had stuff growing everywhere.
                      Last edited by gbauto; 02-08-2017, 07:41 AM.


                      • #12
                        I sure hope one's a girl! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


                        • #13
                          Great set up Nullers. Should have no problems here. Keep posting the pics and we'll help you to sex them when the time comes. Top work mate.


                          • #14
                            Thanks Saturnalia, I think I've got one of each.


                            • #15
                              2-6-17 Removed AA-2 and BB-2, no room. More trimming on base of A and B.
                              2-7-17 Light to 16 inches.
                              2-11-17 Light at 14 1/2 inches, no light burn
                              2-12-17 Light at 14 inches, no light burn. B looks like a girl, can't tell on clone BB-1. AA-1 looks like a male, can't tell on mother plant A.