Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another newbie and a question about lights! :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie and a question about lights! :)

Hi there everyone! I have made the choice to adventure myself on this amazing thing that is growing your own plants I've been a smoker for some years and enjoy gardening and plants, so after reading almost the ENTIRE website and forum i'm very excited to start! Can't wait to start posting pics of my girls as many of you proudly do.
    I will propably get back to you in search for a LOT of help in the future, but right now i'm sitting here and searching for the "perfect" light and i really need a helping hand. So, i'll plant in a big closet (estimated measure is about 180 cm high x 100cm wide x 50 cm deep), already know how i'll isolate it and waterproof the bottom, but the light is a bit trickier. Keep in mind that i (sadly) don't live in the US but the lamp can be shipped to my country. I hope it doesn't rise any eyebrows when going through customs!

What do you guys recommend? So far i decided that i want a LED light, maybe some of you old school growers think it's a bad idea BUT i live in a apartment and need to keep everything discreet (specially the electric bill!). I've spotted a lamp in my country that only uses blue, red and green light and on the other hand a LED light from Dorm Grow that was suggested on the website that reaches the hole light spectrum. Is there something else that i should be really concerned about? What do you guys think? This light from Dorm grow has a coverage area of 6 sq.ft. is that enough? Even if i read almost all the info i could find here, this is a bit new to me, so please excuse me if i make some silly questions!

And regarding seeds i'm feeling that Northern Light could be a good option? As a beginner and to keep down the smell, but if you all have a better idea i'll go with that!
    All help and advice is very much appreciated! (Please excuse my english if i make some mistakes, it's not my main languague!)

Hey GreenLady. You sound like you have done your homework and are ready to go.
    The light your looking at looks great. I assume you mean the 240W veg/flower?
    It is worth pointing out that this light is not truly full spectrum however. Although they say it in the title they go on to say that it has 8 wavebands. True full spectrum lights cover all the wavebands and are white. I use the Spectrum King 450 for example which is true full spectrum.
    That's just splitting hairs though. Lots of people have great results with 5/8/12 band and the specs on your light look fine. I would happily use it.
    Northern Light sounds like a great option for a first grow. Let us know how you get on with it.

Comment

Thank you Saturnalia! I read your comment, did some more research and ordered that 240W veg/flower that you assumed was the one i was talking about So thank you for the awesome guidance!
      Now i'm just waiting for it to arrive so i can start growing!

Comment

Exciting stuff eh. Be sure to let us know how you get on. Good luck with everything, I'm prepping up for my first Northern Light grow right now and will make a grow diary once I start. Let us know how your grow progresses and maybe we can compare notes.

Comment

I am subbed and looking forward to following your first adventure. I just completed my first grow a few months ago and took some time to do some additional research and refurbish my cabinet.

One thing I learned, never be afraid to ask a question

Comment

thank you great this helps me a lot

Comment

Working...
            X