No announcement yet.

Old Timers First Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built a drying box out of a wardrobe box I got at Loews. I made a hanging dryer out of Wood hoops (the kind you would use for cross stitching) and plastic screen. I added a variable speed fan and cut some holes for ventilation. Plenty of room left for my next harvest, my Bruce Banner #3. I figure the WD and BB#3 should be done drying before I need the box for the larger strain, Ghost Train Haze.

Figuring the dry vs, wet weight and a wild assed guess I predict I'll end up with close to a pound when all is done.

Comment

I think Jebber's couch may have got him lol

Comment

I harvested my second plant on Thursday, my Bruce Banner #3. I cleared 17 oz wet. When I trimmed my first plant, I also ended up with 3.7 grams of kif. I ordered some extraction bags to make some dry ice hash when all is said and done.

My drying box is working well, it maintains 40-50 RH and the fan is keeping things well ventilated.

Comment

Hey Jebber, very nice plants and beautiful colas. Well done! Mega Nute

Comment

Originally posted by Claythrow
            I'd like to know if those long colas were strictly the result of the scrog?

Also, what your entire harvest's dry weight was?

I'm not sure about the colas, first grow and all that

I ended up with 13 oz of bud and 7 oz of small buds and trim which I turned into around 20 grams of hash.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega nute View Post
              Hey Jebber, very nice plants and beautiful colas. Well done! Mega Nute

Thanks, I started my second grow on Valentines Day with 8 plants and I flipped them into flower after 3.5 weeks. Trying different things this time, I'm feeding every two days instead of every day and I'm not going to SCROG (hopefully). I was a little disappointed with the ending buds, they really shrank down when drying, I'm going to dry a little different this time and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

AWESOME first grow Jebber! That's as good as many seasoned growers will do. Don't fret the shrinkage, it takes a little getting used too the fact that the buds shrink up as they cure... Look forward to your next effort, as I am sure it will be just as good if not better!

Comment

Well into my second grow feeding every other day (sometimes every third day, it's much easier to water every day in terms of forgetting if I watered or not)

I'm growing 8 plants this time in much smaller containers than my first grow. I'm also not taking pictures like I did the first time around, just trying to grow but not be obsessed about it. I've realized that watering every two days with 8 plants vs. every day with three I using about the same amount of water (and nutes) and I did the first time.

Here are some pictures I took this morning (day 33 of flower) , the rack is not being used as a SCROG like I did the first time but rather to support the plants and hopefully eliminate the need to prop up the tops when they get too heavy. The rack also doubles as a way to keep my tent from sucking in as I have negative air pressure with my exhaust.

I'm growing the same strains as I did before, I gave away my excess weed to some patients, the feedback was AAAAA+++++ with an incredible scents. On the down side I think I gave away too much, I'll run out before I can harvest this batch! LOL

Busy week, we're getting ready for the cannabis cup here in Denver over the coming weekend. I'll be working the Med Max Nutrient (medmaxnutrients.com) booth with the Son of the Company's founder (also a master grower). If you're at the cup look me up (ask for Jeff) and I'll give you a discount on buying these amazing organic nutes.
                  Last edited by Jebber; 04-13-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze4daze View Post
                    Nice grow go'in there Jebber!

Growing all the same strains will help keep them all about the same size when you get to bloom. Normally for me, growing multi~strains all at the same time, I'll try to get all my topping and femming done before bloom stage, that way they all stay around the same height going into bloom (12/12).

I try to make sure my topping is done and the new tops have fully developed before switching lighting to bloom. Haven't yet did the screen grow and probably won't. I just stake them with bamboo stakes because I always move my plants daily, out to the direct sunlight and take advantage of that free sun~light. Then they come back indoors for the remainder of their light~on period, under the LED's. That's mainly why I don't scrog (screen) my plants.

It's a great way to get a flat canopy every time and good even light to all tops if your not moving them daily. I just can't resist that direct sunlight and have a nice set~up for them right outside my indoor grow area that gets 5~6 hours of good strong sunlight daily for them, plus I get a good work~out moving them in and out and rotating them every other hour, every day too, lol.

My last grow this past summer using that free direct sunlight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n35515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n35513[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n35514[/ATTACH]

Hi Blaze. I was wondering, since you're moving plants in and outside, have you ever had any issues with picking up mites, pests, etc.? I was thinking about doing that last year, but got paranoid. LOL Just wondering.

Comment

Hi Jebber,
                      Nice grow! I'm an old fart who used to grow back in the 60's, when lights were primitive and I got my tips from "The Connoisseurs' Handbook"
                      One thing I noticed then was weed is just that, a weed. I threw some seeds in my mom's flower garden and while I was struggling with the science, she just got a nice female and treated it the same as the rest of the garden and it came out great.
                      With that in mind, I intend to skip the fancy nutes, grow in a spagnum/soil mix under 400W MH/HPS, SCROG with minimal fertilizer, adjusting for flowering period,etc.
                      I got 3 Pure Kush Afghan seeds(from Herbies, who I Highly recommend for speed,courtesy.and service)now in seedling stage.
                      I did have a mishap with Original Sensible Seeds where the USDA snagged seeds from the customs, but OSS promptly gave me credit and have sent replacement seed, due any day.
                      I have a Strawberry Blue, Washing Machine, Zombie Kush, all fems, and Afghan regular for future grows.
                      I'm growing for myself, couchlock for pain as I'm tired of taking pain meds.
                      I will keep a running log and post occasionally with progress, good or bad.
                      Wish me luck!
                      mtholster69

Comment

mtholster69, Good luck!! I'm looking forward to see your results without the fancy nutes

Originally posted by mtholster69 View Post
                        Hi Jebber,
                        Nice grow! I'm an old fart who used to grow back in the 60's, when lights were primitive and I got my tips from "The Connoisseurs' Handbook"
                        One thing I noticed then was weed is just that, a weed. I threw some seeds in my mom's flower garden and while I was struggling with the science, she just got a nice female and treated it the same as the rest of the garden and it came out great.
                        With that in mind, I intend to skip the fancy nutes, grow in a spagnum/soil mix under 400W MH/HPS, SCROG with minimal fertilizer, adjusting for flowering period,etc.
                        I got 3 Pure Kush Afghan seeds(from Herbies, who I Highly recommend for speed,courtesy.and service)now in seedling stage.
                        I did have a mishap with Original Sensible Seeds where the USDA snagged seeds from the customs, but OSS promptly gave me credit and have sent replacement seed, due any day.
                        I have a Strawberry Blue, Washing Machine, Zombie Kush, all fems, and Afghan regular for future grows.
                        I'm growing for myself, couchlock for pain as I'm tired of taking pain meds.
                        I will keep a running log and post occasionally with progress, good or bad.
                        Wish me luck!
                        mtholster69

Comment

Working...
                        X