No announcement yet.

Old Timers First Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jebber, you have some nice pruning going on there brother! And Blazed, LMAO, you have taken a firm grasp of the hobby I can tell! I will start working on actually knowing what strains I am growning soon, I promise! All I know is, there are at least 4 strains in my mix right now, not really sure which is which anymore I lost track a couple of clones cycles ago

Comment

Last day of my third week of flowering, I think my girls look amazing. Good light, Good nutes = Good weed

I've learned much reading, listening and willing to experiment.

Things I'm doing that may be outside the box a little:

I feed every day, it seems like most others feed every so many days
      I crammed two lights (LEC 315's) into a small tent, more light is better no?

Proud Papa

Comment

More light is always welcomed with marijuana as long as you can deal with the extra heat. Plants are looking marvelous there Jebber.

Comment

Hi jebber in coco i often feed everyday depending on the plant i have even fed twice a day on the auto,s i grew, that is the beauty of coco. You just have to watch out for high EC on your run off's. I have found with about 20% run off on every feed it helps to reduce the build up of salts. If your run off is the same as you are putting in or near on it that's the sweet spot. Obviously everyone has there own growing style and that one of the things i love about this hobby.

Comment

I started the 5th week of flower on Monday. My only "issue" is that I've developed brown/yellow tips on my leaves from too much heat. I'm running two lights in my 2x4 tent and I have to watch it to make sure my temps don't get too high. I think I'll be okay, I know the occurrence that caused this issue and hopefully I won't repeat it. For as many learning experiences I've had since I've started, the plants just keep on thriving.

Some pics of my plants on the first day of the 5th week of flowering, I think I'm going to have some monster buds.

Comment

So far so good there Jebber' looking really nice indeed. Keep up the good work and in no time you'll be cropping these beautiful buds.

Comment

I'm starting my 6th week of flower this morning, progress continues unabated and it looks like they'll be ready in 3 weeks or so if all goes according to Hoyle.

I continue to feed daily using our nutrients. As my inaugural grow progresses I find myself thinking of shit to do, I've started building a clone bucket that should be operational later today after UPS drops of some needed supplies. I have a portable RO system coming in tomorrow, it will be nice to have it next to my grow room instead of having to schlep water from my kitchen.

For those not reading along, I'm growing three strains in a 2x4 grow tent using coco, Sun Supply LEC lights (2), Canna Base Nutrients and Med Max advanced nutrients. Keeping the tent from getting too hot or cold (I'm shooting for 75-78 max) is a daily challenge. I have to change my fans, heating vent and outside windows each light cycle to maintain my target temps.

Some Pic's.

Comment

I am very impressed with this grow jebber. Your plants look amazing and in the next 3-4 weeks is when they fatten up and put most of there weight on. Your choice of strains wow what can i say but rather you than me lol.

Comment

I did some maintenance today, tying up some of the larger buds to they stand up straight and don't shade smaller ones.

Comment

Excellent stuff Jebber in my previous post i was thinking he is def going to need to tie some of them buds up. These are really looking great keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Thanks kbag, I'm taking it one day at a time. I can't wait to see how much they fill out.

Comment

Excellent grow Jebber. These plants are looking really great. I was just reading about Bruce Banner #3 a short while ago. Sounds like a great strain. Be interested in hearing how it smokes when it's ready.

Comment

Thanks Schmokin, I can't wait to see myself.

This week I made a cloner out of a 5 gallon bucket, a pump and some seat of the pants engineering. I learned yesterday that it really doesn't work that well if you somehow pull the plug and forget to put it back
                            Last edited by Jebber; 01-23-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I had to give my wife a quick lesson on daily maintenance, I'm at the hospital having emer surgery this afternoon. She'll do fine, hopefully I'll get released tonight but the doc said anywhere from tonight to 2 to 3 days

Comment

Made it back home last night feeling much better thank you. I wanted to see my wife get into it a little bit, she was ready and willing and able.

Comment

Working...
                                X