Old Timers First Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Timers First Grow

I introduced myself back at the end of November to this community and I appreciate all the info available on this forum. Enough sucking up

I started an indoor grow using:

2x4 tent
    1 Sun Supply LEC 315 light
    Canna A/B Nutes
    MedMax Advanced Nutes (See disclaimer)
    A bag of decomposing mushroom compost for Co2
    Growing Medium is Coco Loco
    Fans blowing air in and sucking air out with a carbon filter

1 clone of:
    Bruce Banner #3
    White Dawg
    Ghost Train Haze

Pictures are from the first week of my grow.

Full Disclaimer, I work with Med Max Nutrients out of Arizona. I thought I was at a disadvantage when I talked to cultivators so I (and my boss) thought it would be a good idea to do my own grow so I jumped at the chance to start (it didn't hurt that Med Max funded my equipment).
    Day Zero Day 1 1 Week
    Last edited by Jebber; 01-16-2015, 04:07 PM.

Week two pictures, my Ghost Train Haze is sprouting up while the other two are getting bushy. Maybe plant specific but I think the two bushy ones were topped a little bit before I got them.

Comment

Weeks three and four pictures. GTH continues to grow vertically - I think a scrog is in my future

Comment

I built myself a scrog using PVC pipe and weed wacker cord.

Comment

Through Today

I bought another LEC 315 on ebay and I'm thinking of adding it to my 2x4 tent - crazy? Plenty of room and the temps are not an issue (with one, we'll have to see with 2)
          I'm keeping an excel grow journal detailing each batch of nutes I make which will enable me to calculate the exact cost of nutes I used on the grow. I'm following the recommended feeding schedule to the "t".

Comment

Very nice strains and healthy looking plants Jebber. Now i grow in coco and i like the fact that your nutrient range keeps the ppm down.
            Are you following the Canna base nutrients chart to the T ? Doing multi strains as you have done in a scrog is hard to get right unless they are homogeneous otherwise it become's just a support net.
            I am very interested to see how this turns out so keep the updates coming.

Comment

Originally posted by kbag View Post
              Are you following the Canna base nutrients chart to the T ?
              Doing multi strains as you have done in a scrog is hard to get right unless they are homogeneous otherwise it become's just a support net.
              I am very interested to see how this turns out so keep the updates coming.
              I'm not following the Canna base nutrients chart, the Canna label shows 15ml/Gallon, I'm using 10ml/Gallon. Our master grower actually recommended using 7ml/Gallon. I'm not a chemist myself but I'm told that with the nutrients I'm using the need for base nutes is lessened.

I started a scrog because of the differing heights of the plants. I had not heard of a scrog until a month ago One of my three plants just didn't grow that well, possibly my fault as I was reading about a bunch of different techniques and I, of course, had to try for my self. Also the problem child doesn't take near as much food as the other two.

My next grow I'm using all the same strains. I have some clones started and I should be ready to go.

picture album: https://plus.google.com/photos/10615...L6c59zqg9rZmQE

Comment

Two weeks in Flower, everything seems to be going okay. I have a couple of stretchers, do I let them grow tall or do I try to get a uniform canopy by cutting them back?

Comment

Best thing to do is bend the tall ones over. get some string and pull the centre branch down through the others. This will help but it most likely grow back up to the light it can be a bit of fight at this stage if you have a couple different phenotypes.

Comment

Originally posted by kbag View Post
                    Best thing to do is bend the tall ones over. get some string and pull the centre branch down through the others. This will help but it most likely grow back up to the light it can be a bit of fight at this stage if you have a couple different phenotypes.

I tied the two biggest stretchers down, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Nice grow go'in there Jebber!

Growing all the same strains will help keep them all about the same size when you get to bloom. Normally for me, growing multi~strains all at the same time, I'll try to get all my topping and femming done before bloom stage, that way they all stay around the same height going into bloom (12/12).

I try to make sure my topping is done and the new tops have fully developed before switching lighting to bloom. Haven't yet did the screen grow and probably won't. I just stake them with bamboo stakes because I always move my plants daily, out to the direct sunlight and take advantage of that free sun~light. Then they come back indoors for the remainder of their light~on period, under the LED's. That's mainly why I don't scrog (screen) my plants.

It's a great way to get a flat canopy every time and good even light to all tops if your not moving them daily. I just can't resist that direct sunlight and have a nice set~up for them right outside my indoor grow area that gets 5~6 hours of good strong sunlight daily for them, plus I get a good work~out moving them in and out and rotating them every other hour, every day too, lol.

My last grow this past summer using that free direct sunlight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0655.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	35515

Name:	IMG_0844.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	35513

Name:	IMG_0753.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	35514

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze4daze View Post
                        Nice grow go'in there Jebber!

Growing all the same strains will help keep them all about the same size when you get to bloom. Normally for me, growing multi~strains all at the same time, I'll try to get all my topping and femming done before bloom stage, that way they all stay around the same height going into bloom (12/12).

I try to make sure my topping is done and the new tops have fully developed before switching lighting to bloom. Haven't yet did the screen grow and probably won't. I just stake them with bamboo stakes because I always move my plants daily, out to the direct sunlight and take advantage of that free sun~light. Then they come back indoors for the remainder of their light~on period, under the LED's. That's mainly why I don't scrog (screen) my plants.

It's a great way to get a flat canopy every time and good even light to all tops if your not moving them daily. I just can't resist that direct sunlight and have a nice set~up for them right outside my indoor grow area that gets 5~6 hours of good strong sunlight daily for them, plus I get a good work~out moving them in and out and rotating them every other hour, every day too, lol.

My last grow this past summer using that free direct sunlight.

Nothing better than free nature supplied light Blaze! I was somewhat at a disadvantage when I received three clones of different strains (by my request) and two had been topped previously and the other one shot up despite my efforts.

I'm growing my own clones or trying to, I going to try to grow all Bruce banner #3 next time. I have two clones just rooted and trying on several more. I'm tentatively going to grow all BB#3 next time, if all goes well. BB#3 is the plant that is growing the worst for me (the one on the left), it takes half the feed the others take daily despite being in the same sized containers. I guess I like a challenge.

I find this growing to be rather relaxing and peaceful, I like spending time with my babies.

Comment

I hear ya Jebber! So relaxing and fun having this as a hobby, for me too. Just love watching them grow from lil sprouts to full bloom, doesn't get much better then that.

Getting the growth training in and done before bloom seems to work best for me. Multi~strain grows can be a big challenge too. They all don't want the same amounts of nutrients and grow differently. My Blueberry was my problem child, all thru my last grow, requiring smaller amounts of nutrients the whole way, luckily I didn't over~due the nutrients for her, came close a couple times though with burnt tips, yicks!!

I like growing the feminized seeds best, did my fair share of cloning, but starting with femmies, you know what your getting as long as you have no light leak in, in the dark period while in bloom.

Best hobby and way to supply yourself with plenty of medicine and not ever have to leave your home to get your medicine. These 4 plants were started germinating very end of February 2014 and I was done mid July, with veg lasting 9 weeks. Started them indoors till it warmed enough here to put them out in the sun, early April. I live around 5000 ft, up in the mountains and have to grow indoors, thru the winter months, if I want to grow year~round

I was into perpetual grows there for awhile, but ended up with too much bud to stay legal, only allowed 8oz's out here in Cali at your location at one time, so just decided to grow what I need to last me a full year, as I only grow for myself.

These 4 plants averaged me between 2~4 oz's per plant and I still have enough bud till I harvest my next crop of 4 plants. Going to get underway again here same time this next season, germinating a Master Kush, A Tahoo OG Kush, another GSC and one other, not sure yet on that one, hopefully a Flo, if not outta stock, when I order her. The rest I already have femmies of.

Man, I miss growing, was done mid July with my last grow and can't hardly wait to get growing here real, real soon for the new season, Oh yeah!

Name:	IMG_0364.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	35520

Name:	IMG_0524.jpg dd.jpg
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	35521

Name:	IMG_0542.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	35522

Name:	IMG_0567.jpg F.jpg
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	35523

Comment

Sweet looking plants Blaze! My company's grower favorite plant is the Girl Scout Cookie.

We're allowed 6 plants per person so I could grow 12 but don't have enough room for that much. I'm sure I'll have more weed than I know what to do with when I harvest. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Comment

Love the use of mother natures full spectrum light! I too use as much of that as possible... so much so, that people wonder why I do not have a more robust flowering light, but have an entire bedroom converted to a grow room... Two tables now with hydro on each, multiple light setups and wattages, all low though, just lots of them! Basically, I have one room dedicated to Vegging... with a rotation ongoing that I flower a couple plants at a time simply by moving them out of that room for the dark period, then back in for the 12 hours of light... one of the nice parts of our Colorado Prop 64, what you grow, you can keep, as long as it stays where you grew it, no limit! Plus, I can give away up to an ounce to anyone over 21.... I keep the cycle going as I am about to start making dog bones with an infusion as a pain treatment for my senior dogs. I do Dog Rescue from home, so another bonus is, I get to spend a lot of time at home tending my gardens.... Only problem I have is the dogs like to eat the pot plants, not the buds mind you, just the leaf! So I have to fence off an area outside next summer! This was the first stage of the outdoor grow as I was moving it indoors this summer... ohhh what the heck, I will post a couple of pictures.... I am going to put an outdoor hydro system in this summer and see what happens with a couple grown full hydro and getting full sun, will probably try 2 or 3 strains to see how they work.... Plan is to have 36 inchers ready to go in the ground and out the door in the hydro setup, for spring... I may be a bit 'off' in that I now grow onions, peppers, lettuce, tomato, herbs of all sorts, cucumbers etc. indoors all winter. I put 3 foot tall pepper plants in the ground last spring that already had peppers on them

Comment

Working...
                              X