900W Led multi strain grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 900W Led multi strain grow

Ok this will be last grow for a while. The only reason i am doing this one i could not resist trying this led out i brought off the bay. I will not mention the make unless a member of staff confirms its ok to do so. I see the light up for Auction on the bay by the manufactures so i chucked a bid on it more in hope than anticipation. When i looked the next morning i won the thing . The LED pulls 400 watt from the wall has 180 x 5 watt led's and is made in China. This light was less money than my hps set up, also has made a big difference on my electric consumption. So lets see if i can get 400g from these 3 plants.
    Enough waffle lets get on with the diary.

Grow Tent: Secret jardine pile of poo 1.5m x 1.5m x 2m
    Extraction: 6" Vent Axia inline fan
    Inlet : Passive atm , 5" Vent Axia if needed.
    small clip on fan.

Substrate: Canna Coco pro plus
    Drainage: Clay Pebbles
    Nutrients: Canna Coco A + B, Canna pk13/14.
    Additives: Canna Rhizotonic & cannazym plus black treacle its cheap but cheerful.

Strains:
    Dinafem OG Kush
    Barneys farm Critical kush
    Cali Connections 22

All the seedlings were started in one litre pots. Small layer of pebbles in the bottom and filled to the top with Coco. Then watered with a light mix of nutes and rhizotonic. I mixed up 5 litres adding canna A first stirred well then the B stirred well again then last the Rhizo. The mixed solution when phd downed to a ph of 5.8. gave me a ppm of 450 (EC 0.6) . I can see this is to hot for the OG kush so as i go a long i will drop the nutes on this one and hopefully find its sweet spot.
    Not only do i have 3 different strains but they are all at different stages of growth, why do i make it hard work for myself.
    The light height is 40" from the top of the biggest seedling at first i had it about 20" away was to low and was lucky not to fry them.
    Also should mention these are photoperiod not autos.

Critical kush 2 weeks old.
    OG Kush 1 week old
    Cali Connection 3 days.

Critical kush:

OG Kush: looks like the nutes are to hot for this one.

Cali Connection 22

LED Light
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kbag; 10-07-2014, 08:12 PM.

Lookie at those young'ins, Makes me want to get another grow underway too. This will be fun to watch, kbag. Wishing you nothing but the best for your grow. Hope your new LED works well for you.

With winter almost here, it would cost me twice as much to do a grow, than in summer with heating the grow room costs, but dog~gone I'm thinking about it, just seeing your babies. Predicted snow~fall this winter here, might be the deciding factor. Aarrrhhhh! Just now got my electric bill down here in our small cabin, to under $40 a month, Dang.

Again, Best of luck to ya.

Comment

Good buy Kbag, I hope you have a great grow under your new light! Mega

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Blaze wow wish my elecy bill was $40 dollars a month mines more like that a week lol. I was thinking a few weeks back when you commented about some auto's on a thread that you had not grown them before. The thought that ran through my mined was if i had been you i would have defiantly had been tempted to put a few under that led of yours. There really is some good strains of auto's about worth growing such as dutch passion think different, Heavyweight fast and vast looks a good one i think this could be for consideration for me for next winter.. Genetics : Afghani x Skunk x White Dwarf
        Type : Indica 80%, Sativa 20%
        CBD : 0.8%
        THC : 17-19%
        Flowering time : Autoflowering
        Harvest : Approximately 8 weeks from germination
        Plant Height : 100m-120cm
        Yield : 600-800gr/m2

Comment

I got here just in time. Lets see what that light can do. 5w diodes wow even at 50% that should do a great job. Yeah i pay around $35 a week to run my rooms.

Comment

LOL< I used to have an 8000 watt bud room and 2000 watt veg room, on a month that everything was working, that electric bill was around 700 USD... Was looking at an LED the other day, I hear all good things about them! Love to see how these turn out!

Comment

Hi guys.
              kbag- No worries about telling us what brand of LED it is. It's good to share all this information. Better from real growers than reading what the company says.
              coconutisland - have a look around in the grow diary section. There are a few LED grows in there, some with autos too. There has been so much talk on here about LEDs over the last year or so. And pretty much all of it good.

Comment

Thanks Schmokin ok the led is a Mars Hydro 2 manufactured by LG-LED solutions. The height of the led from my plants was at 4' it is currently at 3' 6" gradually lowering it down trying to find the sweet spot.
                Thought id best do some information on the strains and some pics on how they are growing a week on. The critical kush i have just fimd yesterday at is 4th node.
                If anyone knows where there is a grow diary or more information about the cali connections 22 please let me know it would be much appreciated.

Barneys Farm Critical Kush
                Developed by the Barney’s Farm team, Critical Kush is an unusual blend of fine genetics - the famous Critical Mass with OG Kush. This is a powerful and extremely vigorous indica plant, yields huge amounts and flowers in just 8 weeks indoors. It grows to a medium height with great flower-to-leaf ratio. Take pleasure in its sticky feel, aromatic sent, crystal-covered buds and knockout stoney-high. The Kush taste is unmistakable, and the yield per plant phenomenal. This new pot seed hybrid is a significant advance in modern marijuana breeding. Its Indica-dominant nature makes it ideal for relaxation, pain relief, and late night smoking.

Yield: 750gr/m2
                Height: 80-90cm
                THC: 25%
                CBD: 2.1%

Dinafem Seeds OG Kush

This Indica dominant strain is one of the most popular strain in South California and it has become the #1 in the U.S.A.
                It has been obtained by crossing Lemon Thai / Pakistani with the famous ChemDawg.
                The resulting cross has a world class flavor, like lemon mixed with gasoline.
                Dinafem's OG Kush is a very powerful, but still gentle and pleasant smoke with a long-lasting brainy high and a nice physical tingle.
                She grows very beautiful with light green leaves producing a nice yield with impressive, dense, dark green, resin covered nugs.
                Reaches THC levels that verge on 24% and 0,23% CBD

Type: Feminized
                Generic/Composition: Indica Predominance
                Flowering days: 55 days
                THC: High
                Production: High
                Outdoor height: up to 3m

Cali Connection Seeds 22

The 22 is a very special pheno to TCC. She was found out of a large volume run of our new Jack Herer cannabis Seed line.
                She will become a fast mainstay in your garden, as a solid sativa hybrid.
                These marijuana seeds will have a very upfront and extremely strong nose with a piney/floral taste and smell that at times can be spicy on the nose typical to a Jack Herer cross. The Yields will be very large and you expect 3-400 grams a sqr mtr with a flower time of 70 days.

Critical Kush

OG Kush

Cali Connection 22

Attached Files

Comment

Ok just a quick update. I have potted the plants up into their final home 27 litre dirt pots. The led is 30" off the top the tallest plant and really seem to be loving it.
                  I had a sulphur deficiency that i fixed with a foliar spray of epsom salts 1 tsp to 1 litre of water.
                  I am feeding them everyday now with a ec of 0.6 and ph of 5.6-5.8.
                  The roots are growing through the sides of the cloth pots down near the layer of clay pebbles, so hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.

Critical Kush

Group photo

Roots just showing out of pots.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was asked a few questions by Darklotus over at the led lights discussion post i thought my answers would be better in this diary as they will be answered with the knowledge of the specific light.

1: I was wondering what is the heat temp at with this light running?

​The temperature is very easy to control this time of year with this led. I can basically run it to what temperature i want by controlling the intake and extraction. My temps are 20C lights off i need a heater to keep this temp when lights are off its on a timer and thermostat. when the led is on my temps are between 26C -29C. saying this tho in the summer i could see heat being a issue for the light as its cooled by fans and heatsinks.

2: And how's your plants responding to the light?

​I think i have just found the sweet spot with this light for the size of my plants as they are now. The led is 30 inches or was, as the critical kush has grown about 2 inches in the last 2 days and the cali 22 is responding well. The og kush has nitrogen toxicity and is a little to say the least lethargic.

3. I was reading that using L.E.D.S that you use more cal/mag have you had this issue?

​No not of yet i have had no cal/mag issues but i would not expect to this early on. As i grow in coco i would expect and be ready for cal/mag issues anyway and trying to prevent them before they start. I did have a sulphur deficiency that was to do with me making the roots search a little to long for water.

4: Is it better than the HIDS?

As they say Dark lotus the proof will be in the pudding. At this present time i would lean to towards the HPS but that could be that the led is totally new to me.

I would just like to show the new growth in 2 days here is a few pics.

Critical Kush:

OG looking A little sad.

Group post i hope you can see the difference to my previous pic that was taken 2days ago.

Cali 22
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by kbag; 11-01-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Great start bud(no pun intended) keep us informed as you go. I also have heard that leds cause the plant to use up cal and mag and sulfer at a faster rate and am hoping you can add some info on this later.. I just chopped everything down and am making a room for a hydro experiment(with my mentor). I was not real impressed with dirt on the inside grows. Could have been me and have to say 8 and 1/2 quart jars is more than I can use in a year so will be doing some swapping - go leds - slo

Comment

Hi slo the plants look like they are just getting going now but on the critical i think its showing early signs of calcium deficiency. Will have to keep my on it and if need be start to add cal/mag to feed. Lowering the ph to 5.6 helps with the uptake of calcium thats why i fluctuate from 5.6 - 5.8 with feeds.
                        Last edited by kbag; 11-02-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Hi Kbag,
                          Thanks for the response on my questions much appreciated the input. Also like the pictures you posted of your plants they are looking like nice and healthy under L.E.D.S. I too will be popping in and keeping an eye on your grow I might want to try the same type of light the bay had tons of them and they sell for a fairly good price. But it will be interesting to see if any issues pop up with cal/mag like slo was talking bout again congrats on the nice looking ladies and for thanks for the feed back to my questions. Can't wait to see more picks of your ladies once they progress.

Comment

Hi just supper cropped plants ready for the scrog net if i get time to make it. I am hoping Wednesday to get them under the net. Then i will flip them train them through the net for a couple of weeks. After a couple weeks of 12/12 i will lolipop and remove the lower stuff. Well this is the plan but things can change. I have run out of cal mag so hoping to get that here before i flip and canna canzyme. I was also thinking of buying some canna boost for this grow but its so expensive it really puts me off.
                            The plants are feeding on a EC of 0.85 and the run of drops to a EC of 0.6 to 0.7 depending on what plant.
                            I have given up trying to get the run off ph below 6, just going to feed them ph 5.6 -5.8.
                            The og i dropped in the bath with a 27 litre pot on it poor girl has gone through the wars. Great thing was it did not snap a branch or the stem.

Any ways a few pics just after super crop. Oh the og i have not cropped.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi i flipped these and put them under the net on the 12th of November so i am just over a week since flipping to 12/12. At the moment i am training them through net and will be doing this for the next week as they stretch. As the intial stretch draws to a end i will then lollipop the lower growth under the net and take a few clones whilst i am doing this.
                              I have upped there feed to a EC of 1 and ph 5.8 when i think the plants need it i will up this slowly.
                              I had some purpling on the leaf stems what needed attention so i took a tip of hydro grower friend of mine and added some epsom salts to the feed. I mixed not even a quarter of teaspoon of epsom salt to 2 gallons of feed.
                              It seems to have helped considerably just remember in coco epsom salts can cause havoc with your EC so do not add to much.
                              I do have some damaged leaves and few marks here and there but thats mainly to do with me training them and clambering around trying to feed them.
                              I brought a submersible pump to connect to hose so i can get under the net and feed them.

Anyways enough rambling some pics so far i am really pleased and looking forward to a few clones of the critical kush that i will reveg so i think they call this monster cropping.

The Critical kush plenty of heads on this girl.

The OG Kush was suffering most from the purple of stems.

The Cali Connection would have been a large sativa had to chop her down. oh and i have cloned her.

Group shot

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X