No announcement yet.

Breakin all the rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should share that I mostly use the chamber to dry my herb, I discovered brown bushin by accident, I harvest the tops from a plant and left the bottom smaller popcorn buds settin on the floor, didn't need em and was in no hurry. I watched as over time (bout 2 months) it simply turned brown as all the chlorophyll dried out of it. When I finally smoked it I discovered it was wonderful but because it takes so long I only do it when I have a good supply of smoke on hand. The coolest part is that though it is completely dry (crumbles to the touch) it is still sticky and when you crumble it it gets wet from the resins, after I crumble it I have to let it dry a bit before rolling it LOL

Which leads to a few smoke reports on a few of my strains ,,,,

Comment

I am currently workin on a book, it is not about how to grow but more advanced look at how to tweak things for more potency. If you have read this whole thread there are bits of what I do included here for you to consider.

As part of this I routinely invite folks over my house, the beauty of livin in Colorado as things change for the better. Recently I invited a guy to visit from another forum, he also lives in Colorado and grows with T5's, his forum name is RockyMountainMan, I call him RMM. After his visit he posted several smoke reports and I thought I would share them with you to give you a better idea about my strains.

He wrote a lot on 4 different strains I shared with him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hello everyone,
      I went an visited with Rid yesterday.
      He introduced me to a few of the strains he has created.
      The first thing we smoked was the Colorado Thunder Fuck.
      We had around 1/2 a jay or less.
      Rid is right!
      There is no ceiling with this stuff!
      It is smooth, great tasting weed!
      We also smoked some Holy Diver and right before I left, I got a smooooooth bong rip of
      Wonderland.
      All of his smoke has an earthy hash taste.
      Like incense with floral undertones of coffee and spice.
      What I find most impressive, is most of the buds I saw that he grows are reddish brown,
      loaded with well cured brown/red pistils everywhere.
      I brought some green Crack and Kosher Kush.
      My Green Crack looks like lime Jello compared to his reddish brown trich-laden buds.
      Totally different look and taste.
      He gave me a nice sample of this one he calls, "Little Bush".
      It was a "one and done", since he has no seeds or clone.
      I smoked this one when i got home last night.
      I love this treasure and would have considered this an excellent strain!
      Like I said, the four that I sampled all have a similar look, taste and bud density.
      I will do a proper smoke report later this morning.
      The labels rubbed off the bags, but I am a quick study and remembered and re-labeled them
      last night.
      I also have some beans of Rid"s recent work...
      Colorado Thunder Fuck (which just moved up the batting order to, "on deck"),
      and several other great project beans.
      Most of the seeds are connected by lineage and stages of crosses.
      I want to grow the Holy Diver also.

Later tonight I am going to smoke the Namaste and give a proper report.
      Thanks for having me over Rid, I will be doing some grow reports soon as well!

I smoked 1/2 jay of Green Crack on the way down to see Rid.
      15 minutes after we smoked the CTF, I was listening to music, chilling on the couch and felt

like the first "wake and bake" of the day.
      Definitely a cutter that will stomp on anything else you already smoked!

My Green Crack is like a shiny sports-car.
      It hauls ass, will get you there, but Rids smoke is like a slow creeping tank that will

drive right over the top of that shiny car and crush it with old school steel!

Ok...so Holy Diver is very good also!
      I couldn't stop at one hit.
      I had four.
      It gave me a couple real good expansive draws.
      I got a little choked up when I got over ambitious.
      The Hold Diver socks you between the eyes right away.
      It has that light pressure you feel building behind your forehead.
      It's almost like someone is inflating your head with fairy dust.
      You feel it between the eyes right away, and then it gets a little more foggy.
      Not a couchlocker though.
      I am on my back porch on a beautiful sunny morn, and the colors and hues are so bright and purty!
      I feel like when I smoke a good haze.
      I have that light fog, but everything is bright and colorful.
      Kind of an oxymoron...Bright fog.
      I could do some fishing and hiking on this!

I hate smoking some heavy indica doms in the morning, it's those mornings when all your day plans get revised and changed to activities which require remote controls and sitting.

I have no munchies at all. Yesterday either.
      If I start growing some of Rid's strains, Ben & Jerry's stock is going to go down.
      I will say that I didn't have the urge to hit a fast food joint on the way home last night.
      (Nothing wrong with a bowl of Crunchberries at midnight sometimes however)

Anyhow, back to the Holy Diver.
      The taste is a nice smooth hashy taste, like the other three we smoked yesterday.
      I noticed a little sweet floral undertone, like an old school skunk or Afghani in there
      somewhere.
      I noticed Rid's buds have an oily, sticky tightness to them.
      They break into smaller little hard calyxes filled with more hard little rocks.
      I would recommend a grinder for these types.
      You can break them and break them, but they just make smaller little hard goo balls.
      You can get finger hash after cleaning a bud.

The Namaste is actually the prettiest IMO.
      It has nice thumb size tootsie rolls of reddish brown goodness.
      I haven't touched, smelled or smoked it yet.
      It just looks real nice.

From what I have seen, Rid is very close to the taste, smell, buzz of what I remember
      I have always felt some of the greatest highs I have experienced were of old landrace types like Columbian gold, Panama Red, Thai Sticks.
      All of these are reddish brown, sticky, earthy tastes.
      great work Rid.

My buddy came buy this morning and we smoked some Holy Diver.
      he loved it and was pretty ripped. We tossed that bolo string game with the rungs on a

ladder. I think some people call it ladder golf or something.
      He kept fucking up the score and eventually just gave up.

I gave him a nice bud of the Namaste when he left this morning and called him an hour ago.
      He actually said he smoked 1/2 a joint and put it down.
      He said it was trippy, almost psychedelic and and used those words to describe it.
      He said,"that was trippy, almost psychedelic man, it made my ears ring!"

That is what Rid has been refering to.

That's from a 60 year old hippy who doesn't own a computer or refer to mj as we do.
      He wants to know when I am going to grow some!

I just smoked 1/2 jay of Namaste.
      I smoked a joint yesterday, but was doing yard work, fishing, active most the day, so didn't give a fair assessment.
      I just finished around six hits from a joint.
      I felt it around the second hit, or two minutes in.
      It's kind of a behind the head buzz.
      It's not as visual as the Holy Diver, but more relaxing and calming.
      The buds are beautiful!
      They are reddish brown all the way through.
      They crumble into little moist bits that smell of sandalwood and have an oily hashy feel to them.
      I like the taste, look and smell of the Namaste the best.
      I really love that Rid's buds all have that reddish brown all the way through.
      Very well cured, dried, harvested.
      The Lil Bush had more light colored almost golden buds. They were like little marbles of
      goodness.
      The Namaste smokes like a dream (again I think that has to do with Rid's harvest/cure
      techniques).
      It never goes out, and slowly smolders awaiting your next drag.
      It will choke you up if you hit it hard.
      It is the best tasting of the three IMO.
      It has a good relaxing balanced buzz. I smoked it 15 minutes ago, and it's still creeping as I type.

Of all of Rid's I have smoked, I like them all for the following reasons..
      CTF, because it was awesome and the buzz had legs.
      Namaste for the tatse, smell, beauty all around.
      Lil Bush for a serious cutter when you have been smoking other weed all day.
      Holy Diver for a quick hard hitter that gives some bright colorful get up and do shit buzz.

That's how it worked for me.
      I am going to drop a couple CTF Rid, I want to get that one going soon.
      That 1/2 jay we first smoked was the best of all of them!
      I would smoke all of them and be thrilled, I just like them in that order.
      That Lil Bush was the shit Rid!

Comment

Now that I have shared more info, I'll wait for more questions ,,,,,,

Comment

I have to say Riddleme you have been utmost important in this area....as soon as I start an indoor grow I promise you ill be trying to follow most of the things you have said...You have been a golden pool of knowledge...I particularly love the way you look at growing....Nature....please keep posting what you have....and keep coming with the answers....I love the drying closet.....fin awesome!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Valeer View Post
            I have to say Riddleme you have been utmost important in this area....as soon as I start an indoor grow I promise you ill be trying to follow most of the things you have said...You have been a golden pool of knowledge...I particularly love the way you look at growing....Nature....please keep posting what you have....and keep coming with the answers....I love the drying closet.....fin awesome!!!!!!
            Thank You !!! There are a lot of folks that follow my stuff that actually call me Papa Nature LOL I have a small private forum (invite only) with only 400 members that include some of the best growers in the world. When I wrote my first book "The Road to a Cure" I did so as forum post which was cool because it allowed discussion after each chapter was posted. It was about growing and understanding all of the various aspects of tweaking the environment. I have spent years researchin and experimentin to discover the very best ways to grow our herb. The current book I'm workin on, Grow Happy Plants, will detail all of the tweaks I have discovered in this quest and will actually get published

Comment

When I wrote The Road to a Cure, in chapter 13 there was a grow where I said up front, gonna show you how to get a pound off 2 plants, I missed it by 7 grams LOL here is a pic of one of the 2 plants
              Attached Files

Comment

and here are the harvest pics from that plant ,,,,
                Attached Files

Comment

Well Riddleme, you are way past any knowledge that I am aware of. I feel like a child after many years of growing.I do enjoy growing, but I never had the time or the want to learn more then grow the plant and smoke for pain relief! I will say a lot of what I read goes against anything I had ever learned. My hat is off to you for your many experiments and trials to get where you are today. I have not heard anything about the cost for this kind of electric? Also sounds like a lot of bulbs to be replaced? Anyway, I will be watching and listening for sure. Also on a closing note how do you feel about L.E.D.'s? Later, Mega Nute

Comment

Originally posted by Mega nute View Post
                    Well Riddleme, you are way past any knowledge that I am aware of. I feel like a child after many years of growing.I do enjoy growing, but I never had the time or the want to learn more then grow the plant and smoke for pain relief! I will say a lot of what I read goes against anything I had ever learned. My hat is off to you for your many experiments and trials to get where you are today. I have not heard anything about the cost for this kind of electric? Also sounds like a lot of bulbs to be replaced? Anyway, I will be watching and listening for sure. Also on a closing note how do you feel about L.E.D.'s? Later, Mega Nute
                    Thank You, first my garden cost $110 a month to run electric wise that is the 400 watt T5 veg light and the 1000 watt T5 flower set up with 3 fans, I learned this when I shut it down for a few months, $110 was the difference in my electric bill.

To talk about LED's I have to journey back in time a bit to about 2 years ago, I was using 2 400 watt CMH bulbs for flowering and back then I used 230 watts of CFL's to veg, in fact that last set of pics from the book grow were grown under the CMH's. I'll add a pic that shows the lights with the 2 plants under em.

It was at this time that because US law was limiting the manufacture of magnetic ballast and that CMH only ran on Magnetic that Phillips decided to halt production of CMH bulbs and stop offering them. I was then put in a place where I had to decide where to go next and maintain my spectrum, you see CMH bulbs had the same spectrum as the sun, even had a tad of UVB and before I landed on the T5's I did try an LED light

here is what things looked like with 2 CMH lights
                    Attached Files

Comment

While looking at LED back then I discovered they cost a lot and did not do well with big plants (a lot has changed with em in the last 2 years) so I was not encouraged by my research. But then I got a catalog, you see I play guitar and I get this catalog for band stuff one of which is stage lights and in this new catalog was a 50 watt LED spot light that got me to thinking ,,,,,

It was designed to throw a 12 foot spot on the stage at a distance of 25 feet and cost $269
                      Attached Files

Comment

It accomplished this by using little magnifying lenses, so I bought one and mounted it to the rafters in my basement, 5 feet off the canopy
                        Attached Files

Comment

At 5 feet it created a spot that would only cover one plant, so I decided on an experiment, you see I mounted it in my veg room so I still had the CMH running and switched the CMH to veg hours and then did a side by side with 2 clones from the same plant, I set the baby under the CMH on a homer bucket to put it 3 feet from the CMH light. I will share several pics from that experiment ,,,,

The LED blew the CMH completely away LOL (note the LED pics are purpleish)
                          Attached Files

Comment

here are several taken under the CMH with the 2 plants side by side (the larger one is the one under the LED)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a pic of when I started flowering them, in the side by the one on the right was under the LED
                              Attached Files

Comment

It was at this point I ended the experiment and moved things around to get my veg area back up and running and they finished under the CMH. Shortly after this the place where I work started replacing the warehouse lights with High Bay t%'s and when I saw em I had to have one. So I went and bought one, It was about 3 or 4 weeks later I came up with the arched tanning booth idea and bought 2 more.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X