Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinafem Fruit Automatic

My second grow diary.
    Ok whilst browsing around i see a seedbank offering a nice little promotion so invested in 5 x OG Kush with these i got free.
    5 x Dinafem Fruit Automatic
    DNA Genetics Tangilope
    Cali connections 22
    Barneys Farm Blue Cheese, Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush and Chronic Thunder.

Now being a little spoilt for choice with my other seeds i decided to have a go at the Dinafem Fruit Autos, so i put 4 of them into tissue paper watered them and placed them into a metal container and placed them on my window seal. Fingers crossed hopefully will get all 4 beans to crack open.
    I will be growing 3 of these in canna coco professional plus. The fourth one i am going to try Miracle grow peat free all purpose compost with smart release feed. It will be interesting to compare the results.
    The other 3 i will use the canna nutes veg and flores and pk. All 4 i will feed from the start right until harvest with black treacle as a substitute for the way to expensive canna boost.
    The containers i am using are 26 litre Dirt Pots made from breathable fabric promoting better drainage and aeration and some clay pebbles to help with drainage to. I do like the look of these pots and a nice feature is the cane holders on the side. Due to the plant having a 60-65 day germination to harvest time i will placing the beans straight into these containers hopefully decreasing the stress on the plants.
    Now a little info on the strain:

Type: Indica, Sativa & Ruderalis
    Flowering: Autoflowering
    Height: Medium
    Area: Indoor & Outdoor
    Genetics: (Lowrider#1 x Dinafem #1) X Grapefruit
    Forgot to mention this is a outdoor grow so fingers crossed on the weather this little plant is meant to be quite hardy to the cold i guess thats the ruderalis genetics.
    Last edited by kbag; 06-15-2014, 11:27 AM.

Good luck, man! I am thinking to open a new diary too for my new two babies too...

Comment

Nice one kbag. That was a good deal you got. Lots of stuff to play with. Good luck with the grow. Post some good pictures of them. I have heard mixed things about the whole miracle grow thing so will be interested to see the comarisons.

Comment

What i have done so far is place the beans into a metal container with a lid put them into tissue and watered them, 48 hours later all 4 had cracked and were ready for planting so these were potted on 18/06/14.
        Ok so i watered the coco with a ph of 5.8 and 40ml of rhizotonic to 10 litres of water until i had a run off most likely not enough run off from what i have read.
        I then took a bic pen with the lid on and pushed into coco to the lid edge works out about 3cm in depth, placed my beans in with the tap root facing down covered and then dampened the area with phd water.

I was amazed at how quick these burst through the coco and i have gave them one feed of 20ml rhizotonic and 5ml of A+B to 5 litres of water and half a teaspoon of black treacle giving me a ppm of 556 on the hanna scale. Now the seedlings are up and stretching i will add more coco to pots for support today and feed them again slowly upping the nutes and getting a better run off.
        The miracle grow pot as been fed just phd water and is the one nearest to the humidifier on the left.

Btw i bottled it on the outside grow and decided to grow them indoors keeping them away from nosey neighbours. Will need to add ice bottles to keep temps down already getting slightly to hot in there.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by kbag; 06-22-2014, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Nice stuff. Will be watching this with interest. Am with you on the outdoor growing. I have had problems with nosey neighbours in the past. The worst thing about it is the attention that a couple of innocent plants attracts can end up with the bizzies looking INSIDE your house. That's not fun. There could be stuff far worse than a couple of plants in there.

Comment

Week 3 from potted.
            Hi ppl been having alot of trouble with room temps, so i am in the process of updating my tent. I have purchased a 1000 watt Icarus air cooled reflector and dimable digital ballast and a dual spectrum bulb and 2 6 inch fans one intake one outlet. The cheap carbon filter i have its days are up its totally fudged and i am awaiting a knew one, rhino filter this time.
            To the plants overall they are not to bad other than nute burn where i have spilt the feed on them doh. I had no option but to put these outside for 5 days whilst sorting my tent out as temp's inside the tent peaked at 40c.

I have been feeding the plants in the coco every other day slowly upping feed to where i am now what is a ppm of 850. The ph i do 2 feeds at 5.8 then one at 5,6. The plants have not had any plain water feeds apart from the rain water when they was outside.
            The miracle grow plant has received just phed water 6.5ph and the rain water. The plants in coco will be flushed today using canna flush and phed water just to remove any excess salt build up.

This plant is in the miracle grow vvv.
            Attached Files

Comment

Has a good reason to you put rocks on the top of the containers??

Comment

• kbag
                kbag commented
                Editing a comment
                The reason for the clay pebbles is to stop the coco drying to quickly on top plus it helps to deter black fly or fungus nats i think they are called. Also it gave them support when seedlings as i did not have enough coco as i wanted. The idea was to leave the coco slightly low and fill the the pots as the seedlings stretched for support.

You got a nice set~up there kbag, they look like their growing along nicely. Hope everything works out for you with the tent getting a make~over.

Getting them started on nutrients is always a nail~bitter for me too, always worried I'll give them a wee bit too much every grow, when their at this stage of growth. Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks Blaze4daze but my set up still needs some work. As for the nutes with coco you have to feed them from the off as coco has no nutes at all other than some micro organisms from what i have read is little and often with coco, some growers feed once a day others twice a day. At the moment i think mine have got there feet wet and needed to get back in the tent where you can control the environment.

Comment

Week 6 From Potted.

Hi not been keeping up with diary sorry about that been real busy with all sorts of things.To the plants having a battle with the fungi nat as your see in pics they are stuck to yellow strips. Going to add cinnamon to the feed so help control them some more.
                  The plants have stretched a lot more than i would have liked, well one especially had to bend the main stalk over it went past the light lol. These are not growing how i hoped they would and the way they look atm are not going to be big producers.
                  They are at day 42 and by the seedbank they finish at 65 days i am reckoning on 72 days for mine.
                  I have just started feeding them pk13/14 now they have stopped stretching ( i hope) and the canna A+B and a teaspoon of black treacle at a ppm of 1200 and a ph of 5.6-5.8.
                  As for the plant in the miracle grow the comparison must be called to halt now as i have fed it the same as them in the coco. By mistake for some reason just fed them all the same it seemed to like it so i have just carried on.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by kbag; 07-30-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

WHAT WEEK INTO FLOWERING IS SHE IN THOSE PICS

Comment

As there auto's i did note when they first started to flower i guess around 2 weeks give or take a couple of days.

Comment

Week 7 since potted
                        OK been feeding them pk13/14 for a week now , sp will stop the pk and start reducing the nutes. They have been fed everyday 1-2 times depending on how thirsty they were i try to get a 20% run off with each feed flushing the old nutes and salts out of the coco. Ph is 5.6 - 5.8 and a ppm of 1200 its pretty heavy feeding i know and they have burnt a little.
                        trichomes are really starting to develop now so i hope the buds will fatten up over the next 2 weeks. As the plants are only medium i am not expecting alot from them.

One thing that has puzzled me is why 2 of the plants stretched considerably more than the other 3, I would have liked to get my light slightly lower down.
                        The first pic is one of the smaller plants in height buds. The second and third pics are to try and show the comparison in size to those that stretched.

Attached Files

Comment

Just a quick update fed today with a ppm of 990 ph of 5.8 in got out a ppm of 670 and a ph of 5.9. whilst doing this what surprised me was the roots have started pushing out the bottom sides of the fabric dirt pots these are 27 litre pots. I wanted to reuse these for my next grow they will have more holes than a teabag by the time these are finished. Once my battery has charged on camera will get some pics up.

Comment

Week 8 from potted.

56 days from potted and starting to get some nice buds on my 3 smaller plants. The 2 that stretched looks like they are going to take longer to finish. One of the smaller is about 2 weeks younger. I have read about this strain and it not a big producer but meant to be a real nice smoke lets hope so.
                            At the moment i have switched the 2 stretched plants on a different feeding regime they are being fed back up at 1200ppm and a ph of 5.6-5.8 my run off is a ppm of 1130 and a ph of 5.8.
                            The 3 smaller plants with bigger buds i am feeding at about 1000ppm and getting a run of 1180ppm and a ph of 6.0 so the nutes need to be dropped so i end up with a run of less nutes than i am putting in, Will try about 700ppm in and hopefully the run off will drop to what i am putting in or less.
                            Just a note anyone new reading this the feeding regime is for coco coir only and should not be done in soil.
                            Will be keeping a close eye on the trichomes from now on until harvest. The plant in the miracle grow been fed the same as my coco plants is the best one so far lol.

Ground Cinnamon to help combat the fungus nat and it certainly works with the yellow strips.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X