Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my own breed, a cross between afghan kush X Kerala.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my own breed, a cross between afghan kush X Kerala.

After yrs of growing I decided to have a go at creating my own strain. I crossed an Afghan female with a Kerala male. And now have an abundance of seeds that are all regular. Inevitably I'll have to weed out the males when they appear. I germinated the seeds using the paper towels method (20 seeds) and all came up, so I'm very happy. I then transplanted to 3in pots to let them further develop. I then put 4 of them into the NFT setup. Of the 4. I have 3 girls, the 4th not yet showing any pre-flowers. They have now settled down and are growing very nicely indeed. I've also noticed some different phenotypes, so again, I'll grow them out and select the best ones. The remaining babies are ticking along in their pots and looking good. I'm very excited about this grow as they're my own babies, so will try to keep updates.
    Just a few of them. As you can see they stretched a little. I gave them more light and this rectified the situation.

Hi GG. Keep us posted with your progress. I've just commented on your other post. I find this really interesting.

Comment

good luck to you. im new to all of this so what your doing is way out of my league but sounds really interesting.

Comment

You could say some steps of the process that u take care of the plants, will be really nice!

Comment

• thegreengrower
          thegreengrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Tell me what you want to know and I'll be happy to oblige.

I've now put them under the 400watt Hps, as opposed to the Cfl's they were under. And they're loving the light. Growth has been very good, I'm really impressed with them. I'm really keen and eager to see how these perform, as these are my own breeding. I've been able to identify a few of them by examining the pre-flowers. I've put the girls I've been able to identify, into the NFT setup,, and the others are still in 3in pots, and I'm just waiting for them to grow up a tad more, then hopefully be able to identify them also by the pre-flowers. The girls in the NFT are 6weeks old from germination,, the others in pots are a little younger, about 4-41/2weeks.

Comment

• thegreengrower
          thegreengrower commented
          Editing a comment
          When they were under the Cfl's they were on 24/7,, now they're under 400watt Hps (digital ballast, so I can turn the wattage up or down) and now got them on 18/6.
          I use rainwater which is as pure as I can get. Then I adjust and feed to get;
          PH at 5:7. PPM at 648-738,, feeding them with Metrop MR 1 with an NPK of 10-40-20. At 1/2 ml -1ml per litre.

I'd noticed something was not quite right about the plants as they've been showing signs of something wrong, with some necrosis on the leaves. This was showing on all the leaves, young and old. Was very confused as to what could be causing this as they're getting everything they need. Then it hit me :: because I use rainwater, this has a PPM of just 027. Very low as you can see. This indicates that it's very clean... But it was lacking in Calcium and Magnesium.. And this is what has been causing the problem. I just forgot to add this to my water.. Probably been smoking too much lately. It just shows that even after all my yrs of growing, I can still fuck up. Now I've rectified the situation they should pick up now. A lesson to us all. Never get complacent!!!

Comment

• thegreengrower
          thegreengrower commented
          Editing a comment
          I should add that this problem was with the plants in my flowering room and not the new plants that I've got in the veg room

After some amazing growth over the last 6 weeks,,I began to see that they had slowed right down. This was only affecting my afghan x kerala. The other plants in the same system were doing just fine. So I raped the bitches. I took them out of their little pots they were in, and removed any dead and rotting roots I could see. They looked pretty sad after, I can tell ya. After putting them back, in the NFT, they remained sad looking for couple of days. Now they have their leaves outstretched again, and look to be on the road to recovery. What caused this problem.... Fungus Gnats. These are always a problem when growing hydroponically,, and it's something I have now got a hold of.. This pic is of the best plant, before getting sick. She doesn't look this good at present, but will soon pick up.

Comment

Have now put them into flower under 1000watt HPS. As this is my cross, this is the first time in flower, so I'm guesstimating the flowering period at around 8-9weeks. All are looking good now.

Comment

Looking good GG! Mega

Comment

Thanks mega. I'm a little Pissed off though Coz the plant that you see in the pics from last post,, well it ain't doing so good. After starting out really growing fast and healthy, but had that little setback with fungus gnats that attacked the roots. Although the others have pulled through this one is just hanging on. So I've removed from the NFT and am going to put her in soil to recover.

Comment

• pitviper
                pitviper commented
                Editing a comment
                do you happen to have any superthrive and silica,use the two together or with a very mid bloom fert added in a ph'd solution,and it will come around in a short period of time healing from the inside out very quickly with a fast regeneration of fresh healthy root tissue,the combination worked very well for me in the past and even saved a couple of precious mother plants that went south on me.

Hey there Michael. I've made clones out of it now, as it was looking very sick and looking like it would die.

Comment

I just got it that you are in hydro, duh!! That is something I know very little about. Just always put it in dirt! Later
                Last edited by Mega nute; 07-13-2014, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I wrote a long note to you, but when I went back to edit it and add the line you now see, the body of letter disappeared? I have no idea what happened? It is to late to start over again! Good nite, Mega

Comment

This is driving me crazy.. Now on 4th attempt to reply to you..

Comment

• GnOMouS
                      GnOMouS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The edit of this site is horrible. Try to dont do it. If has more information to add on the topic/comment, is better to do a new reply...

I take it you are still having problems, me to!
                    Originally posted by thegreengrower View Post
                    This is driving me crazy.. Now on 4th attempt to reply to you..

Comment

Working...
                    X