No announcement yet.

First time in AK and Shiva Shanti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking plants Gnomous that AK looks superb and its not going to be long to harvest. What can i say about the shiva shanti other than tie them buds up before they snap lol by the time its finished they are going to be rather large. Oh it would be nice to see another video on these as they fatten up i think your going to be surprised at how much they do in the last few weeks.

Comment

Yuri

You really, really have done a fine job, growing these 2 plants. They look great. I would love to taste them, .

Watch the trichromes, like Schmokin has stated, the (crystals). They will look like little tiny mushrooms, under the microscope. The Pistils, the (hairs) your referring too, will turn amber, red, orange, or brown and fold back down onto the buds, but that will not tell you when to harvest her. The trichromes will.

Normally 70% amber colored trichromes is when you what to harvest her. Watch each cola and harvest it when It's ready. Each cola will tell you, if your watching, when it's time has come.

You don't have to harvest the whole plant at one time. The lower branches might take a few more days to mature enough, till their ready. It is not uncommon to wait a few days longer till those lower branches reach peak ripeness, then harvest them.

I must say you are growing some fine plants this go~round, nice work. You should do a video right after you smoke some, so we can grade your english then, LOL. Just Kidding, Great job. Love it when you say your plant is an EK, instead of AK, lol.

Comment

Hahahahhaha thanks guys!! Kbag, im trying to do a video every week for u guys here in the forum. Today ill try to do one more. Im impressed with the shiva shanti too, its REALLY big. Hahahahhahaha the buds is "falling" down because of the weight! Should i try to put something to help? Next monday im thinking to harvest the top part of the AK. I found a nice store here in another canton in swiss, really good one. Top quality. I already ask the microscope. Hope that came on time!! Blaze, came to europe, my friend! You help me so much that i said for you that has a guest room waiting you and ur wife(if has), when you want. And about my speaking... hahhahahaha im a brazilian guy who learn english in the west country side of Australia, for just 4 months without speak anything, and now, 6 years late, marriage with a swiss girl who has a really tipic english... so, is a really crazy mix... hahahhahaha I hope that you can understand everything!!

Comment

I just want to say that NOT all strains show amber trichomes. Judging the colours of the trichomes is the only way to determine when to harvest your plants. As we all know, trichomes start out as clear /transparent, then as they mature they turn milky white. This is the stage of peak ripeness (so to say) . Then,and only strain dependant do they turn amber, this is the THC degrading and turning into CBD,CBN etc... But like I said NOT all strains show amber trichomes. It's mainly strains that have an indica influence. If you're waiting for the trichomes to turn amber, and your strain isn't one that goes that way, then you'll be waiting a long time. The best time to harvest is when trichomes are predominantly milky white,regardless of strain /variety.

Comment

• GnOMouS
            GnOMouS commented
            Editing a comment
            I didnt knew this, bro! I will do more reading about it to dont make mistakes.

Thanks for the tip!

Thank you Yuri, Man would we love to visit Switzerland, get out of this cabin in the mountains and see the great country where you live. From your videos, I can see, you have a beautiful home there. Thanks so much for the invite, that would be so much fun, getting a buzz and seeing the sites. I've always wanted to see Switzerland, just don't have the funds to make the trip, dang. Thank you so much, though.

Your english is fine, can totally understand all you say. Great job with that, really.

Your growing skills, have come a long ways from when you first got here. Now your growing some fine plants, my friend. Keep up the great work. If we ever hit the jack~pot, we just might head your way. I would not be able to bring my medicine, so we would have to smoke yours, that's not a bad thing, cause your plants look mighty tasty, lol.

Comment

Green Grower

You say It's mainly Indica strains that show amber colored trichromes. Tell that to my Sativa's that all showed amber colored trichromes. Some strains do not show amber colored, but milky white, this is true, as far as I know. Which ones I'm not sure, but It's not an Indica, Sativa thing, at all.

Grown all 3 (Sativa's, Indica's and Hybrids) and all 3 have shown amber colored. Now growing Hybrids and Sativa's and they all, are showing amber colored trichromes. Guess it depends on the strain, actually, if you want to get technical.

Comment

The title is 9th but, in the true is the 8th week of flowering. A question: a, e, i, o, u. Yeap, EK!! Hahahahahaha I construct a new growroom and new filter, all in this video: 9th week of flowering: http://youtu.be/cByrLACMVJo

Comment

I made a mistake with the camera position when i was recording. Sorry guys...

Comment

Guys, a question: My plants is almost finished. In the maximun in two week i will harvest almost all of them, will be a problem if i change the lights for 18 hours ? Will be raining a lot this next week and im afraid that my new babies dont has enought light!

Comment

Yuri

Don't you still have your old light that you were using before you got your 600wt HID? Your plants that are close to harvest still need to be on 12/12 till they finish, you can't interfere there lighting by letting them go 18 hours to light your seedlings (new plants) too. Keep your 600wt light on 12/12 and maybe you can set~up an area for your new babies with your old lighting till it stops raining, then they can go back out in the sun.

If you switch your 600wt light to 18/6 for your new babies, that might cause problems for your AK and Shiva Shanti plants that are close to harvest.

You could make an area with your old light on 18/6, for the new plants (seedlings) while it's raining, just a thought. Best of luck.

Comment

Yeah, i has that 400w lights for any emergency but will be too much money on the power bill with both lights... hahahahaha But maybe i will do it. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I am itching to see the finished crop on these Gnomous.

Comment

Was the shiva shanti. More pics coming!

Comment

Well, here follow the link for the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/uHhBS#0

Im really having problems(bugs) to upload pictures here. Thats why i stop a few to post regularly.

Well, about the album:

Picture 1 -> My new babies. Has a grow diary for them !
                            Picture 2 -> Shiva Shanti 2 days ago.
                            Picture 3 -> Picture from today from the lower part of the AK. I´ll harvest tomorrow.
                            Picture 4,5,6 and 7 -> Details from Shiva.
                            Picture 8 and 9 -> Showing the roots of Shiva. Really a LOT!
                            Picture 10 -> One part of Shiva drying.

I cant upload the pic of the up harvested part from AK. Always problem. I dont know why. I´ll try later.

Comment

Just beautiful. I love your attitude and you have grown some excellent plants here. Well done Gnomous. Fantastic work.

Comment

Working...
                              X