No announcement yet.

First time in AK and Shiva Shanti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used the bio bloom in the past. Very good nutes..

Comment

http://youtu.be/GyXzJPPm1PQ

4th week of floweering

Comment

Looks amazing. Loving your videos. You must be a very happy grower. Nice work Gnomous.
        I see your humidity was at 76%. This is pretty high. Can you get any better air circulation in there? You need to watch out for bud rot with such high humidity.

Comment

I already try to do a lot of things here about the humidity, Schmokin!

I dont know if is because i live near the montains, a big lake and a waterfall, but the humidity is everyday to the lowest and the highest. With or without fan, with the windows and door open or close.

I really dont know what is the reason, but everyday is like this...

The last two plants that i harvest( Dutch Automatic, the last diary), was like this too... Everyday the humidity goes to lowes to highest... Any other tip!?

And i really dont know how im doing a good job! hahahahaha I read a lot and plant a weed is tottaly diferent than plant herbs/vegetables/fruits. I guess is a daily care with a lot of love.... hahahahahaha And, of course, you guys that help me a lot when i think that i has a problem!

Thanks to wrote, Schmokin! I was thinking that anyone saw the videos... hahahahaha

Comment

Guys, a question:

My plants light period is at night. I want to revert this. I was thinking to let 24hrs dark and then put then on the light period during the day. U guys think that has any problem?

Comment

• thegreengrower
              thegreengrower commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be fine my friend.

Just a word of caution i see your temps are about 25C perfect but if you swap to having your lights on in the day period this could lead to heat problems. Then you will either have to swap back to night causing the plants unnecessary stress or use a A/C unit of some sort.

Comment

• thegreengrower
              thegreengrower commented
              Editing a comment
              Very true.. I run my lights at night for that exact reason..

Hey guys!!

New questions here. Well, is the first time that im planting a not automatic plant and i hear from you guys that how bigger the plant(more time on veg stage), bigger the yeld... So I do it. And now i dont know exactly the exact time to harvest. Has like a nunber of weeks on flower stage?

I ask this because the AK was looking almost ready for me, like, her hairs was almost all 75% amber. BUT, start to grow up more white and new hairs on the bud´s.

What i can do? Has any easy way to discover this? I really dont found a microscope to see the trichomes!

Comment

• thegreengrower
              thegreengrower commented
              Editing a comment
              Cannabis will often throw out some new buds, evident by the new white hairs (pistils) that you are seeing,, at the end of its flowering cycle. It's all just a last ditch attempt to pass on its genetics by pollination. But seeing as we have no males, the plant doesn't know this therefore little white hairs.
              Also, if you find it hard to remember flowering period etc...then maybe keeping a grow journal might help. I know people might say,,"don't write anything down, you know for security reasons etc... But I've kept journals for all my grows, and find it an invaluable resource to look back on.
              Also,you can pick up VERY cheap microscope /lens on e-bay,, it's a piece of kit that every grower should have.. So next pay check, go and get one.

The only real way to tell is the use of a microscope to check your trichomes, That way you can pick when to harvest that suits your taste. As you do not have one i would suggest as your at day 56 and by the strain info says 58days of flowering i would go at least a week longer than the 58 days.
            Especially if its still growing white pistils just waiting abit longer could fatten the buds right up. But be-careful not to over do it. Invest in a cheap microscope would be best.

Comment

I already bought one microscope on E-bay, but came broked. I´m really afraid to buy on this websites that i dont know anyone...

But, Kbag, i didnt follow the strain vegetative period. I let them like one month more than the normal on the veg stage. So.... i think that i cant count like this? Im a bit lost in the true.

Last monday start the 6th week of flower period... If this can be usefull in something!

Pictures will help? Not really, right?

Im just afraid to harvest too soon or too late!

Comment

• GnOMouS
                GnOMouS commented
                Editing a comment
                Just remembering, this is just on the AK.

The Shiva Shanti need more time yet, for sure. Even the pistills("hairs") on the buds start to change the milk color...

• kbag
                kbag commented
                Editing a comment
                I just worked the days out from the post on here when you posted that you flipped to 12/12. The flowering times on most strains run longer than what the seedbanks say. These are in optimal conditions most home growers do not have the luxury of such conditions hence the longer flowering times on most personal grows.
                I do not think the veg time makes any difference to the flowering time in 12/12 maybe one of the more experienced growers could answer this for you.

Veg time shouldn't effect the flowering period. Longer veg just makes for more bud sites, and hence, more yield. The actual length of the flowering period should stay the same. At least that's how I understand it.
              I always found the given flowering periods to be rough estimates at best. Mostly they are shorter than the actual time because seed banks exaggerate and also, as kbag says, they quote under optimum conditions. Sometimes they can also go the other way though, because of different phenotypes within a strain.
              To get it bang on you really need to see those trichomes. But don't worry too much about it, this is a conversation about getting the very very best out of it. I bet you will be really happy with the results whatever you do ;-) If you really can't get a magnifier, trust your instinct. It will be a good smoke anyway. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

• GnOMouS
                GnOMouS commented
                Editing a comment
                So, if i understood right, this strains days that the developers of the bank seed said, is just on the flower stage? For example, if the strain said 56 days, is like 56 of 12/12 lights?

• GnOMouS
                GnOMouS commented
                Editing a comment
                The i stinct of a newbie isnt too good, hm? Hahahaha

As always, thanks everyone!! Testing new mobile camera and showing my babies! 6th week flower stage: http://youtu.be/K-TL3kgf3hU

Comment

Well, i decided to start the flush on the AK. 2 weeks is good for the flush, no?

Comment

7th week of flower stage: http://youtu.be/GoND9HwIYNQ Help me guys? Just the fan leaves is being yellow and then brown... And the plants is start to show some canoeing leaves too. I already bought an filter extractor of hot.air. thw temperature is about 30. Should be this????

Comment

Hey there.. I've just had a look at the video, and your plants are looking very good indeed.. You've got some great buds on those 2 beauties. You should be pleased with your results. The yellowing of the fan leaves at this stage of development is quite normal and absolutely nothing to worry about. This happens when the plant starts using up the last reserves of energy stored in the fan leaves. So, really you have nothing to worry about,, just continue what you are doing and everything will be fine. Good job.

Comment

Oh, really? I didnt know that! Ufff thousand kilos gone out from my shoulders now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X