Kali Mist & Hawaiian Maui Waui LED Soil Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kali Mist & Hawaiian Maui Waui LED Soil Grow

Welcome all to Part~2 of my 2014 LED Soil Grows. I will be featuring 2 different Sativa Strains, Kali Mist, from Serious seeds and Nirvana Hawaiian Maui Waui.

Again, I will be providing Proof of Strain and some history of these strains in the next few following posts.

I also will be using the sun for 4 hours a day as part of the lighting. Direct sunlight is free and will help in growing these plants, in order to save money on the electric bill. I have a great spot outdoors for them, that gets real good direct sunlight and I don't want to waste it.

LED Used is The Spectrum King (SK450) from SuperGrowLED.com ATrue 250 watt full spectrum LED. Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0439.JPG F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	820.6 KB
ID:	10887Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0440.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	10888Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0442.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	10889Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0443.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	10890Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0450.JPG F.jpg
Size:	894.3 KB
ID:	10891
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-25-2014, 11:39 AM.

Proof of Strain

Kali Mist, Feminized from Serious Seeds, thru Gorilla Seeds http://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk/

Name:	IMG_0363.JPG F.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	9860

Hawaiian Maui Waui, Feminized from Nirvana Seeds.

Name:	IMG_0350.JPG F.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	9861
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-24-2014, 07:02 PM.

Comment

History and Stain Description of Kali Mist

Kali Mist
      is arguably the top Sativa strain available on the market today, she is often called the Queen of Sativas. She grows into classical Sativa plants with very few leaves, producing much higher yields than you would expect. This strain produces dense clusters of full spirally buds, with a very high resin content and a delightfully spicy scent. The open plant structure with few leaves allows light to pass all the way to lower branches, allowing the bottom buds to develop fully.

Kali Mist
      is used as medicine against chronic pains like back aches and as a mood enhancer. Women all around the world particularly like this plant as a relief against monthly cramps. Kali Mist has been improved twice since its first release; in 1998 and in 2000. The most recent and also best version won 8 of the 10 cups behind the name 'Kali Mist’. When she is planted outside early in the year this plant can grow very tall. Grown outdoors in Spain and Italy she proved to be very mold resistent, even during rains. Kali Mist won a 1st prize Cannabis Cup 1995, 1st prize Cannabis Cup 2000, 3rd prize High Life Spain 2004, 1st prize Seedcup 2008 in Bologna, Italy, and in 2009 the third prize at the Kent Guerilla Cannabis Cup in England. Last award won by Kali Mist: 1st prize in the category: 'Best Hash' at the Cannabis Champions Cup 2012 in Barcelona, Spain. This variety gives a very strong, clear, energizing and uplifting High.

Strain Description

Flowering Time: 70-90 days
      Grown Indoor or Outdoor?: Indoor/Outdoor
      Type: 80-90% Sativa
      Parents: 2 Sativa dominant hybrids
      Indoor Yield: 300-500 grams/m2
      THC Level: Strong 15-20%
      Buzz: Cerebral and energetic
      Taste: Sweet and spicy

History
      Kali Mist came around in the early 1990s after several high quality Sativas brought from the mysterious edges of the globe were selectively bred to produce an amazing strain of marijuana. Kali Mist has had a wide selection of different breeders use the name, which accounts for slight differences in the Kali Mist strain depending on time periods and its parents. The first seeds which were sold under this name looked like a typical Southeast Asian Sativa. During the mid 1990s a breeder gave the plant a more Afghani look, and as we progress up to current dates it has gone back to original Sativa appearance.

Kali Mist plants grow to medium height accompanied by long internodes and medium to long fan leaves. It’s not very compact and has an open structure so you can see right through the plant. The advantage to having an open structure means that good quality buds will develop along the entire length of the stem due to the light being able to easily penetrate through the entire plant. Majority of the buds are clustered closely together and are mostly leafless, while the rest have a more traditional bud with multiple leaflets. Trichomes are plentiful on this marijuana strain covering much of the plant and are particularly dense in the buds.

Kali Mist has a great aroma and flavor that every smoker will enjoy. With Kali Mist you get both sides of the taste range accompanied by a sweet and spicy taste that smokers love. The high from Kali Mist is a great floating cerebral high that doesn’t bog down your mind and lets you focus. Kali Mist has been well-known for its very beneficial medical effects and is a great marijuana strain that you can smoke all day without fail.
      Kali Mist has taken the High Times Cannabis Cup two times for 1st place, once in 1995, and another in 2000.
      Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-24-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Strain Description and history of Hawaiian Maui Waui

Hawaiian Maui Waui

Nirvana Seeds
        mostly Sativa
        Origins: Hawaiian Islands
        Flowering: 9 weeks
        Harvest: Sept / Oct

Originally from Hawaii, this old school strain has spread its wonderful genetics all over the world, becoming a true classic over the last few decades. Maui Waui brings the spirit of the Islands with its tropical aroma and taste, as well as the euphoric and uplifting sativa high.

True to its sativa genetics, Maui Waui grows as a tall and lanky plant that has a longer flowering period and is ready for harvest in early October. It is recommended to grow this strain outdoors in the tropical climates, and indoors anywhere else. During early growing stages, this plant grows fat leaves to accommodate the extra amount of light it gets. As it matures, Maui Waui starts growing thin sativa-like leaves to allow more light to get thru as well as redirecting more energy to developing buds. For best results, provide your Maui Waui plants with lots of light and healthy, nutrient rich soil.

Maui Waui has a citrusy aroma and smooth, fruity, tropical flavor. Its euphoric, uplifting high is light and energetic, making this strain perfect for outdoor activities like hiking or hanging out on the beach.

Like most sativa strains, Maui Waui is valued by the medical marijuana community for its qualities beneficial to people suffering from stress, depression and anxiety.

Legendary in its day as a commercial super strain, Maui Waui shares a place with the likes of Panama Red and Acapulco Gold in the sativa hall of fame. Though an aging strain compared to many of the newer super hybrids, Maui is still a favorite among many growers in Northern California. A strong sativa strain, use of Maui is generally best for daytime use and often leads to munchies, manic fits of house cleaning or artistic inspiration. Because of its equatorial ancestry, Maui needs a long dry growing season to properly mature outdoor. When harvested early, Maui still produces huge harvests but of slightly less potent flowers. When allowed to grow to term, Maui Waui produces American Football sized buds in abundance.

In the 60’s and 70’s most of the cannabis brought from the Sandwich Islands archipelago to the mainland was referred to as Maui Waui. This makes tracking down the breeders and origin of Maui Waui a bit difficult to trace. In California, Maui is a clone only strain and anyone claiming to have seeds will likely produce plants that are not typical of the popular clone genetics. While it hasn’t been confirmed, it is likely that the popular northern California version of Maui Waui originated in the Hawaiian Islands.

Comment

Day 1

Kali Mist With shell and membrane removed and replanted from rockwool cube into soil

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	9863

Hawaiian Maui Waui

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg F.jpg
Size:	507.5 KB
ID:	9864
          Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-24-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

The Kali Mist started off with her shell and membrane stuck real good to her cotyledons, (embryonic leafs) and I had to keep misting her for two days to get the shell removed from her.

After two days of misting, every few hours I was able to pry her shell from her. Still stuck in her Membrane, I continued misting and finally removed the Membrane with a tiny plastic tooth pick, Shown below.

Name:	IMG_0417.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	9865Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0396.jpg F.jpg
Size:	785.9 KB
ID:	9866Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0429.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	9867All 4 sprouts together under LED.

Comment

Day 16 and 11 for the Kali Mist, so lets just say week 2 so I don't have to keep track of days, thank you very much.

I have to write big like this cause of my old~ass eyes are tore~up. Because I am trying to split this into two grows, there might be photo's of all 4 of my plants, in some of these photo's. With too much editing to separate them, all the time.

These were taken today.

Name:	IMG_0476.JPG F.jpg
Size:	665.4 KB
ID:	9868Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0475.JPG F.jpg
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	9869Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0475.JPG F2.jpg
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	9870Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	9871Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0470.jpg F.jpg
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	9872

Comment

Day 23 for the Maui and day 18 for the Kali

The Kali Mist took 6 extra days to pop and did have a problem sheading her shell and membrane, so she's a~little behind the rest of my seedlings.

All's good here too. Feeding 1/2 Tsp. Fox Farms Grow Big to 1 gal. of bubbled water, also. No sunlight for the past 2 days, because of rain outdoors. 18/6 under Spectrum King LED. Also feeding today and adding 1/4 cap Superthrive.

Still waiting for warmer weather here, to move them to their grow area, outback.

Name:	IMG_0491.JPG F.jpg
Size:	978.0 KB
ID:	9927Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0492.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	9928Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0493.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	9929Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	9930Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0495.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	9931

Comment

Another Group photo of all my seedlings.

Name:	IMG_0497.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	9932

Comment

Gwaan Blazd. I love your diaries!

Comment

Week 3.5

Transplanted from starter pots to medium sized containers, a few days ago and had to wait till today to feed real good. Fed 2 tsp. Fox Farms Grow Big, to 1 gallon of bubbled water, PPM 710.

Medium size containers needed to fit in here under the LED, normally I would have transplanted into their final containers, but still to cold here at night to utilize my grow rooms. 39*f overnight.

My soil recipe below and photo's of all ingredients used in soil, for this grow.

Here is my soil recipe. I have had, very good results, using these ingredient's. There is probable a few other ingredients, that some growers use, but I got this soil recipe, from an Old~timer, grower, that told me to just stick to these ingredients, for best results.
                      and not try to get all fancy, with new~fangled growing technology, ingredients.

Happy Frog Natural Organic potting soil /with Humic acid
                      Large course Perlite
                      Natural & Organic Earthworm castings Blend
                      Indonesian Bat Guano
                      Bone Meal (for root development)
                      Blood Meal (for extra Nitrogen) Nitrogen is critical, in early plant development.
                      Mycorrhizal Inoculums simply called Mykos. (VERY important for root development) I use a small handful spread around, just under the transplant, and a full handful (spread around the container), (a couple inches up), from the bottom of the container (pot), Not mixed into the soil mix. ( personal preference, I guess. ) Because, Bone Meal is already in the mix.

You can get these Ingredients, at your local hydro supply store, or most any garden supply store.

Name:	IMG_0500.JPG F.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	9957Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0503.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	9958

Photo's of plants roots exposed just before transplanting.

Name:	IMG_0511.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1,022.8 KB
ID:	9955Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0507.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	9956

Site is upgrading now so click on text~ed links to see photo's.
                      Last edited by Blaze4daze; 04-06-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Week 3.5 Veg.

Photo's taken and edited (cropped 50%) to fit into attachment format, early this morning. No extra lighting used to photograph, today. Just had a storm pass thru and plants have not been outside all week. Sunny days forcasted for the next week, so next weeks photo's will be better. Click on text~ed links to see photo's. Last photo of plant on right should have been labeled Maui Waui, instead of Girl Scout Cookie, sorry. my bad, dang.

Name:	IMG_0515.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	9959Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	9960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0516.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1,016.2 KB
ID:	9961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg F.jpg
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	9962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0522.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	9963

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 04-06-2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Week 3.5

Group Photo

Name:	IMG_0525.JPG F.jpg
Size:	812.1 KB
ID:	9964

Comment

These look great, too! Forgive me if you've explained this already, but are these the same plants as the other diary thread?

jonnywatt

Comment

Originally posted by jonnywatt View Post
                              These look great, too! Forgive me if you've explained this already, but are these the same plants as the other diary thread?

jonnywatt
                              The final group photo from my weekly updates, every week are a group photo of all 4 of my plants, together from both diary's, yes. Thanks. I like to get them all together to say "cheese" for the camera, lol.
                              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 04-07-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X