Black Diesel LED Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturnalia

Please, pardon me for invading your grow diary, my bad.

Comment

Hey man, thanks a lot for all that info. You mention that unless you are and experience grower that this may not be the light for some? Do you mean that someone new can not use this light.or due you feel it is a waste of money on a beginner as you would not get the yield that a more experienced one would?are there different rules under these lights? I mean after several yrs.of 1000 watt HPS I feel I can get a decent amount at harvest and certinally am not complaining about the quality!! I don't use metal halide only HPS from seed. The people who get leggy plants under sodium are not keeping the plants close to the lite. I am all about easing up on the electric bill! And having a light that is not so loud and gives a better yield. Let me know what you think, MN p.s. I only use a 4x4area so it sounds like I could get away with a 250 for that area.i am used to 1000 watt in that area! Would a 250 led give a better return than 1000watt HPS in same 4x4 area? Again let me know
      Last edited by Mega nute; 03-16-2014, 05:46 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

I apologise also to Saturnalia for just jumping in with my questions! I am still trying to figure out how things work here.please bear with me! MN. P.S. I did not realize that this was a diary?Again please forgive!
        Last edited by Mega nute; 03-16-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Out of respect for Saturnalia's grow diary, I have moved this discussion to the lighting section, under " Spectrum King LED's" Which is the proper place to discuss Led lighting, not right in the middle of someone's grow diary.

Comment

No worries fellas. Am glad the new light has raised so much interest.
            I see that you have moved the convo to a new thread so I may delete the last comments and catch up with you there. Exciting times for growers eh......

Comment

I am also sorry for babbling on your thread as I am not totally sure about how this all works.MN

Comment

Hey, no apologies fellas. We're all here to learn. It's new to me as well so let's learn it together.
                Here she is at about 3 weeks. Maybe a bit slower off the mark than some I've seen, but she looks like she's rearing to go.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-17 12.29.35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	9795Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-17 12.29.45.jpg
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	9796Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-17 12.30.15.jpg
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	9797

You can clearly see the yellow marks on the leaves. Any suggestions..?

I was confused about what was said earlier. I've seen plenty of pictures of plants under LEDs and they can show some crazy colours. But I always thought that was the LEDs reacting with the camera. Are people saying that it can affect the actual colour of the plants?...

Comment

Saturnalia

The unusual colors that many people see, when they view growers online photo's of plants they have grown under LED lighting, are what's being captured in their cameras. The LED's do not effect the plants natural colors, at all.

That's why it's a~bit tricky, getting good photo's of plants without the crazy colors from the LED's.
                  Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-17-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Here she is today. Wondered if the marks were from misting with the light too close...? Have raised it a bit to see if it helps.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-18 13.05.14.jpg
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	9798Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-18 13.05.34.jpg
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	9799

Comment

Saturnalia

Could be pH fluctuations, would be my guess.

Comment

Hey Blaze, Mega nute here. I can't find the page that had the led makers phone#. It was on one of the pages here some where? Actually anyone that knows what I am talking about that is on now can answer!

Comment

I was wondering if you had mixed fertilizer in your dirt before adding plant? Just asking? I had had similar problems like this only once and it had to with mixing to much in the soil, trying to make it perfect so I would not have to feed until mid-flowering.lol I had to transplant the little guy or he would have croaked. Just thought I would mention it. MN

Comment

Saturnalia

Depending on what type soil medium you are using. Meaning which (potting soil). The optimum pH range for soil is between 6 and 7. The ideal level is 6.5. Most of the best potting soils out there come with ingredients that automatically adjusts your pH for you.

I use Fox Farms Happy Frog potting soil that comes with the added ingredients, oyster shell and dolomite lime, which adjusts the pH for me. I never pH the water here for my plants, because of that reason and I use regular tap water, so that's why I never have to check my pH, unless there is a problem that I can't figure out.

Again, depending on whats in your potting soil mix you might be incorrectly measuring your pH if your potting soil already has pH adjustment ingredients in it.

You won't know this unless you check the bags of potting soil your using to see if it has pH adjusting ingredients in it. If it says it does, then you shouldn't have to pH your water. unless you have real bad tap water, there.

It's always a good idea to check your pH, but it could end up incorrect by the time the water gets to the roots of your plants, if your potting soil already has PH'ing ingredients in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega nute View Post
                              Hey Blaze, Mega nute here. I can't find the page that had the led makers phone#. It was on one of the pages here some where? Actually anyone that knows what I am talking about that is on now can answer!
                              Mega Nute

855-464-5397
                              9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pacific Time - Monday to Friday

Comment

Thank you my friend, MN. P.S. I use 1/2 ocean forest and 1/2 happy frog. They do seem to be right where you want it as far as PH goes. I hope Sat. Can find his problem. I know what it is like to think you have done everything you can and are at a loss as to what is the problem. Take your first hit of the day and sit back and analyze my friend, it will come to you, MN
                                Last edited by Mega nute; 03-18-2014, 08:20 PM. Reason: None

Comment

Working...
                                X