Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Diesel LED Grow

Hi everyone.
    Have been having trouble getting pics off my phone, so here the first lot all together.
    The set up is a single feminized black diesel, in soil, under a spectrum king 450 LED.
    The plan is to give it lots of veg time and lots of topping, supercropping and LST to make a big even canopy to make the most of the light panel.

Since starting it I have found my missing last auto somango seed. It's been missing for ages and I have had the wife and kids looking everywhere for it. Turns out it was exactly where I left it!
    Anyway. I am now going to grow that side by side with the black diesel so the light will be on 20/4 for at least another 60 days (more like 70) so the black diesel is going to get a shit load of veg time. During that time I am going to take as many clones as poss so the next grow I can have a few plants under the LED and see how she performs.

This is my first non-auto grow so if you have any comments/advice please chip in.

So here she is having just shown her head. Do you like my wee germination greenhouse?!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-28 10.03.00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	10871 Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-28 10.00.47.jpg
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	10872

Here she is a few days later

Name:	2014-03-02 21.53.46.jpg
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	10873 Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-08 16.17.00.jpg
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	10874

And here she is now. This is at about 2 weeks old.

Name:	2014-03-13 11.51.22 (1).jpg
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	10875

OK. It won't allow me to post the last two here so I will add a new post

Name:	2014-03-13 11.51.55.jpg
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	9764Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-13 11.52.29.jpg
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	9765
    So this is her at just over two weeks. I have had a look down the sides of the peat cup and the roots are growing through. I lined the hole that I put the peat cup into with mycorrhizal fungi, which they should just be getting in amongst now.
    I notice some yellowing on these leaves. Is this anything to worry about at this stage?
    All comments welcome....

Comment

I am interested in anything led so keep us posted if you will. I have acquired two cheap china leds and incorporating a single agro tube down the middle. So far all seems well - except for he colors of the plants under leds - pretty trippy. Not a whole lot of heat signature to mine, how about yours - got heat? Been keeping mine a foot away and have three clones under it - they are growing but not time to tell if they will be leggy or not - slo

Comment

Not too much heat at all. You can touch the diodes without any problem. This light has no fans so is cooled by the big old rad fins on the top. It generates a bit of heat upwards. You can't see in the pictures but I have a small greenhouse heater alongside the pot to keep the temps up in the tent. Makes a nice change from trying to cool it down ;-)
        What are you saying about plant colour under LEDs?

Comment

Hey Saturnalia

Looks like your all set~up for a good grow, nice LED, and set~up.

Was looking at your photo

showing some yellowing, hard to tell from the color of the LED. Just over two weeks, have you started feeding, yet?

Could be she needs to be slightly fed, by now. You probably have, just thought I'd ask. Good Luck with your grow, Wish you all the best.

Comment

Thanks B4D.
            Yes there is some yellowing. These LEDs have a full range spectrum so mostly what you see is actually how it is. I have fed her with some very week Ionic soil food. She looks quite robust so hopefully once she really takes off things will look better.
            I know from reading your diaries before that you prefer to grow your plants pretty much naturally. That was how I had foreseen my first regular grow. But after doing a lot of reading about these lights I found that they perform much better if I can present the plant with a nice flat canopy. So for that reason I am going to be doing a lot of topping and lollipopping. I'm happy with it in theory, let's see how it turns out in actuality.

Comment

My first grow was under cfl, my next I decided to experiment with leds - had never seen a purple leaf before or florescent green like my leds do. Don't know if this is true for all leds but looking around I see the same thing on other grows. Your puppy is small but wait a bit an pretty sure yours will do the same - kind o weird colors- slo

Comment

Hi slohan, mega nute here. I was wondering how you did with led lights other than just pretty colors? Was there good flowering and a normal THC read or anything close? How about harvest amounts and the all popular electric bill!! Thanks for the read, MN

Comment

Originally posted by Mega nute View Post
                  Hi slohan, mega nute here. I was wondering how you did with led lights other than just pretty colors? Was there good flowering and a normal THC read or anything close? How about harvest amounts and the all popular electric bill!! Thanks for the read, MN
                  "Mega nute"

You mean pretty colors like this?? LED's are what's~up in the future of Cannabis growing, wait and see.

Name:	DSCN3694.JPG W.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	9777Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3710.jpg d.jpg
Size:	576.6 KB
ID:	9778Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3791.JPG W.jpg
Size:	874.5 KB
ID:	9779Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.JPG W.jpg
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	9780Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0257.JPG
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	9781

Comment

Hey Mega, I can't tell you anything - as posted I have clones under them. Plants are new, Leds are new. The info you desire is quite a few weeks off - I will post on the progress - or not - during the grow. All I can tell you now is the clones are getting leggy - leds are 1 foot off. Am planning on lowering them today. Will see what up later. Most oft I see the panels higher then I have but as posted these are cheap china lites so - it's my experiment and will let you know - slo-han

Comment

COOL! Will be interested in your personal findings. Later, MN

Comment

Hey man, I love the colors! The led's are a little out of my Social Security checks price range! I will have to beg, just kidding! Take her easy pal. MN

Comment

Hey man, I love the colors! The led's are a little out of my Social Security checks price range! I will have to beg, just kidding! Take her easy pal. MN
                          "Mega"

I so know what you mean, Buying mine, just about killed me financially, on my V.A. pension, but using LED lighting instead of 1000 wt HID's has already started paying me back every month on power consumption. Half, if not a~tad more, then using 1000 wt HID's. Worth the sacrifice, if I'm saving now. Buds are better too.

Comment

Mine is actually disability check. I would love to get one! What size replaces a 1000 watt? Thanks

Comment

Mine is actually disability check. I would love to get one! What size replaces a 1000 watt? Thanks
                              Mega nute

Two 500wt LED's are equivalent to one 1000wt HID and covers, 16 square feet and can give an experienced grower, that knows what their doing, up to 600 grams in that, 16 square feet grow area, per grow. A true 250 wt LED is equivalent to a 500wt HID Light.

A lot to think about, before buying an LED. One must consider a variety of issues, such as how much growing experience, he or she has had. More experienced growers will get more finished medicine, with their LED's. Pretty much the same with HID's, too.

If this person plans to grow steady for awhile and the expense of the light will pay for itself, in medicine for that person, over a period of time.

How much square footage your trying to cover.

How many plants that person feels comfortable, growing at a time, to fit into the coverage area their trying to light.

If your only growing for yourself, you should be able to find a good, true 250wt LED and keep your grow to a 4' X 4' coverage area for best results. If you want more coverage area, then figure another true 250wt to light another 4' X 4' grow area.

SuperGrowLED's has The Spectrum King and it is a true 250wt. LED. I have researched LED lighting and have learned that they are the pretty clear choice in LED lighting and the only LED manufacturer to back their lights, with a full, 5 year warranty, unheard~of by all other LED lighting manufactures, that I know of.

As far as I know, they are the only LED lighting manufacture, to design a fan~less cooling system, for their LED's.

Comment

Working...
                              X