Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Automatic Autoflowering - First time growing

Hello guys!

Im new here and new to grow marijuana too and i need to say sorry for my english, wasnt my first language.

I´ll try to put photos every weekend and i will try to show for u guys my experience... Please help if u can! hahahaha

Well... i didnt understood how works the photo upload here in this forum so i start putting 4 photos of my grow place.

I already bought Mylar to put on the walls and i want some tips to get him better.

Where i live is really cold on this times, so i need to put a heater where the plants are to get a good temperature, between 20ºC to 30ºC. In the most part of the time i try to control the temperature to 24ºC.

Seeds: From Spliff Seeds. Is a gold edition.

Dutch Automatic: 55% sativa with ruderalis, Northern light Santa Maria and Afghani genetics. Fruity, floral odour and flavour. Autoflowering from seed to yield in 11 weeks.

Lights: Im using a projector of 400W that produces 8.540 lumens. Is that good enought for 3 plants?

Soil: I bought COMPO SANA 20L. In the bag said:

" pH (CaCl2) = 5,0 - 6,5
    180-550 mg/l N
    200 - 600 mg/l P
    600-1200 mg/l K "

Is that a good soil!?

Fan: I didnt bought any specialized fun. I just catch one fromm my room and do how is in the picture "grow room". Is that too bad!?

Well... I has one plant that goes out from earth something about 12 days, another one that just born today and one that still is on the earth waiting to born.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GnOMouS; 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM.

More four pics of her, since she born for today...
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome Tuckas

Your English is good enough for us, here to understand you, that's great. Where are you in the world? Is it winter, or summer there? It looks like you have some great seeds to start with.

Your soil seems like it could use a few ingredients, like perlite, for starters. Large course, is the best. Since this is your first time growing, you have a good enough soil to make it work, add perlite, when you transplant those seedlings from the starter pots to their bigger containers, if you can. That will help your soil retain the moisture, your plants root systems need. As you read thru the site here, you will learn more about growing and what you can add next grow to your soil for best results.

Your lighting is ok, but only for a few seedlings. when they start to get bigger you might want to get better, brighter lighting. You will need to make sure your grow area stays between 70-85*f. Some growers like it cooler and some say between 70-80*f. I have tried both cooler and warmer and find around 70-80*f for best results. 85*f is the limit, for your plants to do their best.

RH (Relative Humidity) should be as close to 45%-50% as you can keep it. Depending on where you are located and if it is winter, where you are at now. Winter months are hard to keep the humidity in the safe range.

Good! you have a fan to circulate the air for them, also. Your light should be on a timer, set to 18 hours on and 6 hours, off. If you do not have a light timer, you should get one. You also should try to get a temperature and humidity gauge to monitor the grow area, better.

It's good that you are showing photo's. This makes it alot easier for us here, to help you along the way.
      Good Luck and Welcome aboard. Can't wait to see more photo's of your grow. Your seedlings look healthy and your doing great.
      Last edited by Blaze4daze; 12-30-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Really thanks, Blaz!!

How can i move to this part of the forum!?
        If you can, please, do it!

Tomorrow ill take some new photos of them, now is fucking cold outside! hahahaha

I live in Switzerland.

About the lights... I read a lot from a lot of places in a lot of languages... hahahahaha And, almost all of the grower of autos, said that she works better with 24/7 in the veg stage! Is that right? I was thinking to put 18/6 on the flower time(and i dont know exatly when this will happen... hahahaha).

Should i change for 18/6 now? And yes, i has a timer for this.

And about the RH... How can i see this!? Has a machine for this!? I bought yesterday a machine for the pH and the temperature... But not for the RH!

The soil already has perlite. Should i add more!? I´ll show better pictures tomorrow to show the details of everything...

About the temperature, im controling pretty well, i guess... Never more than 28ºC and i try to control everytime set up to 24ºC.

And i has a question about the water. Im really afraid to put a lot and kill her, but im really afraid to didnt put water and she die because of this.What is the better way to know this!?

I has a good place to work is 70(large)x150(deep)x200(ground to roof). Or for three plants isnt good!?

Oh man, so many questions about... hahahahaha

I has two plants for now. One of 12 days(these one in the pictures) that i already move for the big containner(25L i guess, that black one in the first post). and another baby with one day of life, that is still in the starter pot. And another one that im waiting to germinate.

For today is this...

REALLY thanks for the help!

Comment

Im trying to put a video that i do today but i cant. is saying that i need 5 posts to share a link... so im doing it...

Comment

Grow Place - YouTube

I guess is it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuckas View Post
              Really thanks, Blaz!!

How can i move to this part of the forum!?
              If you can, please, do it!

Tomorrow ill take some new photos of them, now is fucking cold outside! hahahaha

I live in Switzerland.

About the lights... I read a lot from a lot of places in a lot of languages... hahahahaha And, almost all of the grower of autos, said that she works better with 24/7 in the veg stage! Is that right? I was thinking to put 18/6 on the flower time(and i dont know exatly when this will happen... hahahaha).

Should i change for 18/6 now? And yes, i has a timer for this.

And about the RH... How can i see this!? Has a machine for this!? I bought yesterday a machine for the pH and the temperature... But not for the RH!

The soil already has perlite. Should i add more!? I´ll show better pictures tomorrow to show the details of everything...

About the temperature, im controling pretty well, i guess... Never more than 28ºC and i try to control everytime set up to 24ºC.

And i has a question about the water. Im really afraid to put a lot and kill her, but im really afraid to didnt put water and she die because of this.What is the better way to know this!?

I has a good place to work is 70(large)x150(deep)x200(ground to roof). Or for three plants isnt good!?

Oh man, so many questions about... hahahahaha

I has two plants for now. One of 12 days(these one in the pictures) that i already move for the big containner(25L i guess, that black one in the first post). and another baby with one day of life, that is still in the starter pot. And another one that im waiting to germinate.

For today is this...

REALLY thanks for the help!
              Tuckas

You are in the right section on the site, already. No worries.

Nice little video you made. Well done. So you live in Switzerland. Frick'in cold over there, haha. 32*f here in the mountains of California, Burrrrrr! Probably much colder there.

As far as I know Cannabis only uses 18 hours of light a day. Auto~flowering strains could be different, I'm not too sure about them. But keeping your lighting on 24/7 will not hurt them, at all. When you switch to flowering, you will need your lighting on 12/12. This is standard for all Cannabis plants, as far as I know. I have never grown auto's, but I don't think they are any different when it comes to the flowering stage.

*(If anyone else has grown auto strains before, and disagrees please let us know.)

Yes, more perlite in your soil, then you have, now. A few more handfuls will be enough. When you water, 20% of what you put into your containers should drain out. Do you have drain holes in those containers? Check them (containers) every day to see if they are dry, by sticking your finger into the soil an inch. If it is dry, then your plants need to be watered. Normally they can go 2-3 days without watering.

What kind of nutrients, (food) are you planning to fed your plants? It is getting close to the time when you need to start adding a tiny, tiny amount of the proper nutrients to them, for vigorous veg growth. Do you have the proper nutrients yet?

Yes many questions to be asked. We are here if and when you need more info, so just ask. Mylar will help greatly with reflecting the light, back at your plants. You have a great start going on, Good luck and Happy New Year to you.

Comment

Tuckas

RH (Relative Humidity) can be monitored with a simple Humidity gauge. Most come with batteries and you can set it near your plants and that will tell you what the humidity is in your grow area. Not super important now when your plants are in early veg stage, but critical when they get bigger and start to grow flowers (buds). You must monitor the humidity, or else you could end up with bud rot in your cola's, and other problems, as well.

Check with your local garden supply store, or you can order one online. A digital temp. and humidity gauge is the best.

Comment

Here during the day is like 4~8ºC and at night can be like -5ºC. Really cold for a brazilian guy... hahahahahaha

I´ll put more perlite on the soil... Thanks.

Yes, has holes on my cotainer, i´ll do this, thanks again. But, dry, dry? Or a few wet ? Good tip!

Goood question!!!! About the nuts... I really dont know. What u think!? I read on the flower time to bought a nut with 5-20-10... Is that good? But i didnt buy anything yet...

Have a happy new year for you too man!

Comment

Happy new year guys!!

More four pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/g0Jfy

The last picture is the baby one, with 3 days. I must take out the skin of the plant because was stucked... how i said on the last post on video. A question... i fuck with the plant? One leaf is for down...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuckas View Post
                      Happy new year guys!!

More four pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/g0Jfy

The last picture is the baby one, with 3 days. I must take out the skin of the plant because was stucked... how i said on the last post on video. A question... i fuck with the plant? One leaf is for down...
                      Tuckas

Happy New Year to you, also. The shell of the seed will eventually fall from the seedling, unless you are very careful removing it. It's not a big deal, unless you make it one. I have never seen a seed shell cause any problems.

Most of us here, kinda watch our language, out of respect for others on the site. I know I do and might of said damn, a few times, but as a general rule we try to show some order of respect to others, around here and be respectful of our language.

Your soil looks a tad on the dry side. Have you chosen your nutrients, yet? Do you have a garden supply store, anywhere near you? Your seedlings will soon need to be fed more than just water, if you want best results. Now is the time to search for your nutrients, if you haven't already.

You mentioned a nutrient at 5-20-10, that is not what you want to give to your seedlings, this early in growth. more like 3-2-6 is what you want to feed your seedlings right now and just a tiny amount of this is needed. Let us know what you have available at your local garden supply store and we will help you choose what to get.

Look for General Hydroponics, or Fox Farms brand nutrients. I use the Fox Farms trio. Three bottles to grow my plants on thru to harvest. Check out what is available and we will help you decide what to get, ok? No tell'in what you have available, where you are at in Switzerland. If they have some at a garden supply store, take a shot with your camera phone of all the grow nutrients they have there, send us the photo's and we will help you pick the right one's, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazd4Daz View Post
                        Tuckas

Happy New Year to you, also. The shell of the seed will eventually fall from the seedling, unless you are very careful removing it. It's not a big deal, unless you make it one. I have never seen a seed shell cause any problems.

Most of us here, kinda watch our language, out of respect for others on the site. I know I do and might of said damn, a few times, but as a general rule we try to show some order of respect to others, around here and be respectful of our language.

Your soil looks a tad on the dry side. Have you chosen your nutrients, yet? Do you have a garden supply store, anywhere near you? Your seedlings will soon need to be fed more than just water, if you want best results. Now is the time to search for your nutrients, if you haven't already.

You mentioned a nutrient at 5-20-10, that is not what you want to give to your seedlings, this early in growth. more like 3-2-6 is what you want to feed your seedlings right now and just a tiny amount of this is needed. Let us know what you have available at your local garden supply store and we will help you choose what to get.

Look for General Hydroponics, or Fox Farms brand nutrients. I use the Fox Farms trio. Three bottles to grow my plants on thru to harvest. Check out what is available and we will help you decide what to get, ok? No tell'in what you have available, where you are at in Switzerland. If they have some at a garden supply store, take a shot with your camera phone of all the grow nutrients they have there, send us the photo's and we will help you pick the right one's, ok?

Im sorry abouth that word! Really sorry! I usually said a lot of bad words normally... but... wwell... really sorry again.

Im going to Amsterdam today, Blaz! Just for one day.... If u please, could say witch nutrients ill need , will be perfect and ill buy everything tomorrow! General hidroponics and Fox Farm. Nice!

One thing about the water... on the top is dry, i know, but if i put my finger on the down part of the container the soil is still wet. BUT, the container is too big for the tiny plant, no!? And the leafs arent for down yet. Is the third day that i didnt put any water on it and still is wet the down part of the soil. Is that ok!? U understood what i whant to mean? I can do a video when i come back from Amsterdam to explain right for u...

Thanks, and sorry, again, about my language.

Comment

What u want to mean when u said: "Your soil looks a tad on the dry side."

Comment

Tuckas

Well heck, then. If you are going to Amsterdam, today, then just Google a hydro supply store, before you leave, for their location and just ask them what nutrients to get, to grow your plants. Just tell them you are new to growing and to advise you on what to get.

Look for, or ask them for a three part nutrient regiment for all phases of growth, from seedlings to harvest. They will know what you need and problem solved.

Might be a good chance for you to get everything you will need there, too. Good Luck and have a nice trip today.

Comment

Tuckas

As long as you are keeping a close eye on the moisture of your soil, you should be fine. 2-3 days between watering/feeding is normal. If your containers are still wet down under an inch, your seedlings roots are not that much deeper, at this point in their growth. Just keep looking for signs that they might need to be watered, but try not to over water too. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X