Og kush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Og kush

Its that time of the year again! well for me its always that time of the year haha GOD I LOVE GROWING
    First of all: don't mind my writing, English is not my main language and I am also dyslectic so.. don't even worry about my grammar and stuff

In this diary I had to skip a part of the growing cycle due to I was busy moving and stuff got a little difficult. never the less I did took some pictures so via those we shall continue this journey.

The seeds are from royal queen seeds.
    Here is some info on the strain: Originally from Northern California, this cannabis strain has quickly become known around the world for its distinct aroma and strong effects. OG Kush is a very unique strain that can’t be compared with any other marijuana strains.

Its true genetics are unknown. Some say OG Kush is a mix of ChemDawg with a Lemon Thai and Pakistani Kush. Others say that it’s just a special cutting of ChemDawg from the early 90s. Even the meaning of the name OG has been debated; with some saying it means Original Gangster. However, now, because of its origins, most people agree it means Ocean Grown.

One thing that is not debated is the popularity of this feminized cannabis strain. From Hollywood movie stars and rappers to medical marijuana users, OG Kush is loved by many. The most obvious trait of OG Kush is its strong, unique, very dank, slightly citrus aroma, almost like fuel or strong detergent. The flavour of OG Kush is equally as strong and dank, with a long-lasting aftertaste.

OG Kush is an extremely strong cannabis strain, with most experienced smokers listing it as one of their favourites. The effect is as strong physically as it is mentally. Though its effect is like an Sativa, the strain's genetics are mostly Indica. The effect is as strong and complex as the flavour. OG Kush takes around 8 weeks to flower and on average the yield is 65 grams per plant.

OG Kush is known to stretch slightly during growth but soon starts to fill out during flowering. Generally, it will reach a height of 70 to 100 cm. Its buds are large and dense, lime green clusters covered with a large amount of resin. There are many good reasons why OG Kush has become so popular.

Yield 50-60 grams
    Harvest month October
    Height of the plant 70-100 cm
    Genetic background Chemdawg x Lemon Thai x Pakistani Kush
    Effect Cerebral and uplifting
    Cannabinoid content Extremely high
    Flowering time 8 weeks
    Type Sativa: 25% Indica: 75%

The site says that with this strain you should average about 50 to 60g per plant.
    I want to see how much more I can get just by applying some simple tricks.
    Hopefully I can get around the 90 mark or more. time will tell my friends.

I first sprouted the seeds around the 26 of june and potted them after a couple of days. I wait until the sprouted root is about an inch or so to pot them. This time I used a small plastic soup cup which I don't recommend because it is see threw and Roots aren't allowed to get any light! so always cover that up.
    I did so because I didn't had much of a choice at the time. If my calculations are correct, they should be around 2 months old. the pictures are basically taken every time I got a chance.

The setup:
    For the most part of the growing cycle I have let the plants harvest the power of the mighty sun. There is nothing better than good ol sunlight.
    I am using 15 liters plastic pots.
    The grow cycle will be in a 1.20x1.20x2.00 tent so I can have more control on the environment and such.
    I will be applying a filter to eliminate the odor. carbon filter of course.
    The lamp is a 600 Watt philips hps lamp. this is good enough for the tent that I am using. Some people say that a 1000 watter will increase your yield by so much. I don't deny this but I do argue back with that a 1000 watt light would be impossible for me to keep it cool in such a tiny tent and thus leading to the plants suffering which will decrease my yield.
    Don't ever grow with the mind set that giving them extra of something will increase your yield. NO your job is to make their life as smooth as possible and making sure that they get a well balanced diet and good exercise.!

I will be scroggin these puppies as time goes. As soon as I get the tent up I will put in the scrog screen. The holes of the screen are about 3 by 3 inch i think. Not sure about it but If someone wants to really know then just ask and I would be happy to check for you.

I am using gold label nutrients and soil for this grow. I use this label because it has been good to me so far and I am getting really good result and taste with it.

Tomorrow I will go in deeper about the products.

i will upload the pictures tomorrow. laptop is protesting atm.

You go Fever!

Yea buddy, all set~up to grow some OG Kush, I thought OG ment Original, but hey it don't matter. This strain is known world wide, and tons of folks, swear by it.

Can't wait to see your photo's, and hope you have a good harvey. Thanks for sharing all the juicy details, yummmm stuff.

What is your primary language? Your English is perfect, bro, good job there.

I just love it, when I here folks mention their love of growing. I'm the same way, Love me some plants, their like my family, even if their only here for a few months. PURE JOY, in my heart, to see them do their thing. From seedlings, to finished, truly amazing plants, with a bones at the end, Yup!
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-20-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazd4Daz View Post
      You go Fever!

Yea buddy, all set~up to grow some OG Kush, I thought OG ment Original, but hey it don't matter. This strain is known world wide, and tons of folks, swear by it.

Can't wait to see your photo's, and hope you have a good harvey. Thanks for sharing all the juicy details, yummmm stuff.

What is your primary language? Your English is perfect, bro, good job there.

I just love it, when I here folks mention their love of growing. I'm the same way, Love me some plants, their like my family, even if their only here for a few months. PURE JOY, in my heart, to see them do their thing. From seedlings, to finished, truly amazing plants, with a bones at the end, Yup!
      you bet I love to grow! its my passion all the way! as you said they are your best mates even if it is for a few months. You always try to make them happy and look the best.

my primary language is papiamento. second is english, third dutch and last spanish.

I never got to taste a good OG so I was wondering.. why the hell not? always wanted to see what the fus is all about and now I am all excited to see the results.

Comment

the pictures that I promised.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	8871Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	8872Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	8873Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	8874Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	8875

Comment

because they are so young I did not risk them being abused by the outside weather so they stayed in and got some good sun for a little while
          Attached Files

Comment

here they are putted up but my balcony was really dirty so I set them under a cfl grow light fora day or two till i got things straightened out

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	8881 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0136.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	8882

the ladies in the balcony

Name:	IMG_0224.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	8883

these pictures show the effect of the FIM techniek. It shows how the side branches are stimulated to grow.

Name:	IMG_0225.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	8884 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0228.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	8885

Comment

just the ladies hanging out

Name:	IMG_0229.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	8886 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0230.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	8887

here I am applying the FIM techniek. I hope its clear enough.

Name:	IMG_0241.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	8888Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0243.jpg
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	8889 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0245.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	8890

Comment

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	8891
                after a hard day of work there is nothing better than a relaxing joint

Comment

almost 2 months old.

Today I did a little bit of pinching to make sure they branch out more rather than growing tall. I like how this plants react to the FIM techniek. It stimulates new growth very fast and is starting too bush up very nicely.

by the end of this week I will move them inside to start scrogging my ladies. I love my ladies bushy hehehe

I forgot to explain my water cycle. I begin each cycle with all its basic nutes. The next day I wait until they are dry enough before I water it. I always check before I water my plants outside because you never know what the conditions outside could have done to maybe keep your plants moist the whole day.
                  So always check before water by sticking your finger about an inch or more into the soil and if it is still wet then leave it to dry out a bit. there are many more ways to check if your plants need water but this is the one that I prefer.
                  after the plants are a bit dry I feed them root stimulator and CO2 via tablets. I crush up my tablets and I use a pinch of it. It works lovely.
                  the third day I water them with just balanced water and halve of the amount that I normally water them with. The reason I do this is to let the plants get kinda thirsty so the next time when I begin the cycle again with its basic nutes, the plant will absorb the nutes much better.

Name:	IMG_0265.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	8892Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	8893Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0268.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	8895Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	8896
                  Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful. Those girls are off to a flying start and looking good. Nice work Fever. I have always been very interested in scrogging so will be keen to watch this one. I've never actually sampled OG Kush but I hear nothing but good about it.
                    And your English is perfect mate. No worries there.
                    Keep it up fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
                      Beautiful. Those girls are off to a flying start and looking good. Nice work Fever. I have always been very interested in scrogging so will be keen to watch this one. I've never actually sampled OG Kush but I hear nothing but good about it.
                      And your English is perfect mate. No worries there.
                      Keep it up fella.
                      Thnx buddy. Just like you I too have never sampled the OG kush so i am very excited for it. They are already making me smile how beautyfull they are growing.

Scrogging is a great method to use when you don't have enough space but still want to achieve a bog yield with high grade weed. Stick around and check it out. You just might like what you will see 😉

Comment

alright so it has been a couple of weeks since I last posted something but I have been keeping pictures and notes.
                        I have moved the plants inside so that I can have a bit more control on the whole growing matter.
                        A scrogg screen has been set up so i can keep a level canopy and so that I can Low Stress Training.
                        The strain reacts very well to scrogging and is going beautifully. I have switched to flower right away after bringing the plants inside duo to time schedule I couldn't expand the scrog grow so I had to work with what I have.
                        I do recommend to scrogg during the grow phase and the first week or two of flower for maximum result.
                        I didn't do that this time because I wanted to save some on the electricity bill by using the wonderful power of the sun for my grow phase

When you are going to Scrogg or LST your plants, you should always do this after you have watered them. The reason for this is that they are more bendable after being watered. Try to keep that in mind. You don't want to hear a branch snap just because you were too lazy to water before bending.

Name:	IMG_0457.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	8971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	8972Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0459.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	8973Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0460.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	8974Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0461.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	8975

Comment

Name:	IMG_0462.jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	8976 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0523.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	8977 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	8978 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0541.jpg
ID:	8979 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0546.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	8980
                          In the last photo you can see the rest of my prune job. Always try to prune even if it is just bit. Every little bit helps.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0552.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	8981 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	8982 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	8983 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0599.jpg
ID:	8984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0600.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	8985
                            beautiful to see how they grow.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0602.jpg
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	8986 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0612.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	8987 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0613.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	8988
                              These are the last pics that i have took.
                              The plants are in there third week, going into fourth this thursday. The flowers are growing nicely and the way that its looking, they might be some fat ones I hope!

Comment

Working...
                              X