Blueberry & Others.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberry & Others.

Well here are my 2 blueberry's in the biggest pots that are 3 weeks old from when they sprouted out of the soil. And one bag seed top left which is just under 3 weeks old and some berry x durban are the other 2 in the picture. Which are the same age roughly as the bag seed. Soil i bought from Wal-Mart called Schultz potting soil dont remember the ratio of nutes but it is really low. I use one small fan inside the closet and have no vent in or out. Lights i am using a Vipar A100 LED and a 125w CFL 6500K but considering on a 200W. I will be keeping the Blueberry's indoors, the others i will be putting outside next month. For nutrients all are from General Hydroponics which are Flora Nova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus, Flora Nectar, and Liquid Kool Bloom and Diamond Nectar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Langley-20130408-00568.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	10706
    Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 04-09-2013, 05:18 AM.

We're loving your work Katzie Wolf. Looks like a nice compact internodal length there too. Keep us all posted

Comment

Thanks bro i am going to give it another week or so then FIM them then after they settle down from that i am switching to 12/12. Blueberry from what ive read is a short plant to begin with so the internode length should be close as long as i keep my LED at the right height.

Comment

Week 3 of Veg. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0980.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	8659

Comment

I switched the blueberrys to 12/12, they are under the 100w LED and 200W 2700K CFL. I put the other ones i want outside in another closet till may when its warmer out.
          Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 04-19-2013, 12:33 AM.

Comment

One of my Blueberry's was a male so i trashed his sorry ass in the trash can. Just the one girl left but one is better then none. The outdoor ones will be put outside in the near future.

Comment

sucks to get a male but as you said.. better one than none. and your plants seems healthy as always katszie

Comment

My Blueberry indoors at 3 weeks of flowering and be 4 this Friday.

Name:	DSCF0996.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	8664

And here is one of my outdoor plants that i have no clue what strain it is, but called it Izzard after a friend of mines name who gave me the seed lol

Name:	DSCF0993.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	8665

Comment

hahahh thats a cool name katz. I have to say, they look really healthy. You should be proud of your babies. Are you going to top or FIM them? or are you just gonna let it be with one main shoot?

Comment

I think the blueberry is a hermaphrodite it is really growing weird and slow, the flowers are real odd looking and could've swore i saw a seed sack developing. Yes i was thinking of FIM'ing Izzard Fever and might take her back inside and switch it to bud and take out the blueberry. I have a bunch of others that are in seedling stage right now.

Comment

oeff... you gotta be carefull with herms.. they can mess up your whole crop! keep an close eye on it and if it is so.. then take it away. destroy it.
                      You can FIM up to the 2 to 3 week into flowering. It depends on the conditions they are in.

Comment

Took one of the outdoor plants i have and brought it inside and it has been in 3 weeks of flowering since last sunday. Its a unknown strain but shes coming along nicely. I'll post some more pics later on tonight if i remember.

Name:	0130609-00706.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	8706

Comment

Couple of shots of my girl inside.

Name:	IMG-20130612-00716.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	8707Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130612-00717.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	8708

Comment

Week 3 in bloom, looking real nice, Katzie. They sure are growing short, and fat. I was noticing just (one) photo of your plant (0996), that has the end of the leafs turned down. that reminded me of an article, I read about the condition called (The Claw). I had this happen to me on a couple of my plants, and was easily fixed, by not watering as much, at one time. But all of your photo's are nice. You have a great start, and I hope you get the best results possible. Nice work.

Have you ever seen any of your marijuana plants get hit by "The Claw?"
                            These talon-like leaves usually get more and more discolored over time unless and reduce your plant's growth until you fix the problem.
                            You know, when your marijuana leaves look like the leaf pictured here?
                            Many growers believe that The Claw is caused by pH problems, watering troubles, or heat. What I've learned is that these aren't usually the real cause of clawed marijuana leaves that look like the pictures above.
                            Downward drooping of leaves is known as "epinasty" in the plant world, and it is true that overwatering can cause similar symptoms... but there is a crucial difference between the type of claw leaf pictured above and the kind that's caused by overwatering.
                            Today I'm going to explain exactly why growers think claw leaves are caused by pH problems, over or underwatering, and too much heat... and I'll reveal why they're usually wrong.

1.) Overwatering

Ok, it's true that overwatering can sometimes cause The Claw. But you won't see The Claw appear out of nowhere on an otherwise healthy plant like the leaves pictured above.
                            When you do get The Claw by overwatering, you'll see a progression like this.
                            First leaves look overwatered, kinda fat, and droopy. You won't see just the tips turn down. Here's the first stage of overwatering.

If the overwatering continues and plant is still unable to get oxygen at her roots, then you may start getting other apparent nutrient problems because the plant isn't getting everything she needs.

If left unchecked, this can eventually cause The Claw.

With the case of overwatering vs nitrogen toxicity, it can be confusing because these both cause leaves to point downward. Yet if you see the different problems together, you can easily learn how to spot the difference.

2.) Too Much Nitrogen

Ok, you ruled out overwatering, now what?
                            When I first got started growing, everyone kept telling me that this particular kind of leaf clawing was caused by under or overwatering my plants, pH problems, or heat problems.
                            Yet in my case, I knew that it wasn't over or under watering (I was growing in hydro, where roots grow directly in water and air stones are constantly adding oxygen). I knew it wasn't pH (my reservoir water had the right pH) and I knew it wasn't heat since the grow area was slightly cooler than room temperature.
                            So then what was really causing my claw leaves?
                            It's understandable that other growers were mistaken. It is true that many stresses will make any other problem worse.
                            Plus overwatering can cause a similar kind of leaf clawing. And if you do have nitrogen toxicity, than heat or pH problems will make the problem much worse as your plant is too weak to fight back.

Note: Some strains with the word "Claw" in the name tend to do The Claw more easily than others.
                            Problems with excess nitrogen are not common in the wild, it's a lot more common to see nitrogen toxicity on indoor plants, especially when overzealous growers go overboard with nutrients.
                            Occasionally you'll come across a strain or particular plant that likes lower levels of nutrients, and when this happens, it's important to realize the plant is showing signs of toxicity, even if all the other plants in your garden seem fine.
                            One of the most common signs off too-many-nutrients is "nutrient burn," or when the tips of your leaf appear brown or burned. Yet there are specific signals your plant will display when she's getting too much nitrogen...

Signs of Nitrogen Toxicity
                            • Dark green leaves and foliage

• Leaf tips turn down, without signs of overwatering.

• You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on

• Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn

• The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there

• Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses

• As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying

Light and The Claw

• The distance between the leaves to the lights or irregular light patterns from reflectors often seem to affect the condition, which is why many growers believe that light is somehow causing the problem.

• You may notice this clawing first appears on dark green leaves that aren't getting enough light (they aren't able to use up all their nitrogen and become nitrogen toxic).

I don't know if you are having this kind of issue, but though this might be worth reading. Just in case. It's always good to know as much as possible. But I think they look amazing, all short, and compact. It could be a shorter strain, and looks like their getting good lighting, for the nods to stay so close together.

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-13-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Yes i noticed this too and i am watering every 3rd or 4th day and the clawing isnt everywhere on the plant and just on some lower branches. This happened to my last plant i grew and i just let it be and didnt notice it get any worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X