Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Grow with Experiments. Need Ideas for Tests.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grow with Experiments. Need Ideas for Tests.

I have just begun my most recent grow, and will be conducting various preliminary experiments in order to determine if any of my current theories are worth formally attempting to disprove. I am VERY open to requests/suggestions for things to test if anyone has any ideas. I can't promise I will be able to try everything since I am not a wealthy man, however, I do have some money to play with in an attempt to further the study of medical cannabis science.

Here are the current plants I have to work with:

Afghan Kush (Traditional)
    Sour Diesel (Feminized)
    Black Russian (Feminized)
    Critical Jack Herer (Feminized)
    Skunk #1 (Traditional)
    Hash Passion (Traditional)
    Early Durban (Traditional)
    Amnesia Haze (Feminized)
    Northern Lights (Traditional)
    El Aquimista (Feminized)
    Supersonic Cristal Storm (Feminized - Automatic)

Among my planned tests:

Effect of Triacontanol on Advantitious Root Formation. (Is triacontanol any use in cloning?)
    Phylotaxic Stage and its Effect on Flowering. (Does waiting for alternating nodes provide benefit?)
    Roll of the Rootstock in Scion Development. (Will a sativa grow faster if grafted onto an indica rootstock, etc.?)

Some plants are in seedling stage, some are clones, and some are flowering. Some plants have been treated with silver nitrate so that I can obtain a supply of gynoecious (feminized) seeds to further my obsession

So, give me your ideas on things that I can test out. Like I said, these will just be prelimiary tests to see if it is even worth doing a "real" study, so don't be afraid to throw ideas at me. I am interested in anything from the simplest to the most complex, so no idea will be laughed at The only things I will not be able to test are things like chemical make-up, THC content, etc. as I don't have a GCMS. Maybe one day, but today is definitely not that day.
    Last edited by Anthony C; 12-22-2012, 05:35 AM.

sounds like fun

if you have two of the same plants or simailar, compare the high if you did one as a bonsai and the other just normal.
    to see if its the same or bonsai is a dumb idea or a great one.

im interested in seeing what others come up with and your other experiments go.

im guessing someone has tried growing a bonsai plant, does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzimuzzi View Post
      if you have two of the same plants or simailar, compare the high if you did one as a bonsai and the other just normal.
      to see if its the same or bonsai is a dumb idea or a great one.

im interested in seeing what others come up with and your other experiments go.

im guessing someone has tried growing a bonsai plant, does it work?
      Do you mean bonsai as really bonsai? Like a miniature pot plant?

I haven't heard of anyone doing that before, and I would imagine because people who grow generally also smoke, and I imagine they would think that that miniature plant would equal miniature yields. While yield will always be a factor in the cultivation of medicinal plants, I am of the belief that effect is the most important trait. And keeping a plant that is genetically programmed to grow large in a miniature state just might cause some type of build up/increase in metabolites (THC, CBD, Etc.). Whether this would be due to stress, or the simple fact that there is less surface area on which to deposit its products is something I have no way of testing, but I am definitely interested in seeing, counting, sampling, and comparing the differences.

Good Idea.
      Thank you!

Keep 'em coming.

Comment

Yeah I mean a bonsai pot plant.

Got to say it would be so cute =)

another one that myth busters did was play music and different genre to them from seedlings to see what out performs better.

Or try some how too plant two different off cuts to grow as one plant and see if it takes or not. (Pretty random)

Can you give me an idea of what you have done.

Comment

cfl V hid

What a great post!
          I would be interested to know the difference in yield between identical clones grown in identical medium and with identical nutes, but one grown under 250w HID and one grown under 250w dual spectrum CFL. I'm pretty sure I know which will produce most but I am interested in exactly how much the difference is.
          This is very cool. Interested to know what other people want to see.....

Comment

How about comparing yields between scrogged/pruned/topped and standard grown. Let's see how much added yield all that cutting and bending actually adds......

Comment

Closet Mothers

I'd like to see a Mother Plant Graft that I could keep in a small area(bedroom closet). Where it would flourish. Each branch perhaps as many as 4 ? grafted onto a main stem that way I would have 3 to 4 different strains. A strain grafted to the main stem would come from a different stain. One wouldn't need so many mama's. Just one mother plant with several different stains grafted on her and lots of clones, just a thought.

Comment

shade leaves

Hey Anthony, there was a discussion about trimming shade leaves on another thread that may be of interest. It's kind of in line with the earlier comment about trimming/pruning/topping etc.... It would be cool to have some actual evidence on the efficacy of some of these measures.
                Check it out here https://forum.howtogrowmarijuana.com/...4713#post24713

Comment

nicceee

I love this post. i always wanted to carry out more experiments my self but i never got around to it. although i am currently growing 5 plants of one strain and i purposely did not prune two. I just want to see how much of a big effect pruning is to the yield.

I am curious to how your experiments will go.

Comment

Updates?

Good Morning All,

I was wondering if anyone had any test results they'd like to share.

Thanks.

Comment

question

what about taking a genetic hermaphrodite letting it grow. collect the seeds,or spray (while budding) with Colloidal Silver or Rodelization. will this produce females?

Comment

Free seeds

Hermaphrodites. I let my grow run wild 4 times with lots, I mean lots of hermaphrodites. I have a quart jar filled to the top with these little babies. I have been using them as guerrilla seeds, meaning, throwing them out near wet areas so the public can find them. For those folks that have none. If you need some well... I also do charity work at the public library. Where I walk along the shelves of books and when unobserved I open a book and place a nice rolled joint deep into the pages of said book (religion drama, philosophy, etc.) and return it to the shelf. My thought here is for those folks whom have never been near the weed might have a chance to experience it in the privacy of their own home. No complaints yet..........

Comment

Loving your guerilla work Smokesalot. Like the Robin Hood of the cannabis world. I love the idea that just once, some straight has sparked up one of those bad boys. Fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                          X