Cloning help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloning help please

Hey guys, I have currently 2 strains growing, and am looking to clone at least one of the plants. I bought some Hormex and was looking at the directions, but it looks like more luck than technique based on what the package says. According to Hormex, I just dip the tip of the cut plant in the Hormex, full strength, and stick it in soil. There are no other directions. Is this correct? Or should there be more to it? I've always grown from seed before, but money is tight right now, and I need to expand my plant count while the days are still long and hot.

You'll need a cloning dome, or you can make one, from a large, deep tupperware, and cover it with thin plastic wrap (saran~wrap), to start them in. They need to build up moisture, in a sealed environment. Then on day, 4-6 you'll peel the corner of the plastic, back an inch, or so, to allow air flow (vent), for the remainder of the time, till they start to root. You also want that container (dome), sitting on a heating pad, on low.

And you don't want them stuck directly in the soil, you'll need a few cloning blocks (rock~wool). Soak your cubes in ph'd water (6.5), 4 a few minutes, squeeze them so the water soaks in real good. Sterilize all your cutters, Razor~blades/fiskers, and cutting surfaces, with alcohol. Make your cuts, from your mother plant, and stick the cuttings (directly) into a large cup of water.

Next, take you cuttings out of the cup, and you slice the end of the cutting, just past the last nod of the cutting, on a 45 degree cut, and dip them in the rooting/cloning jel, or powder, (lots) and stick them in the cubes. trim the upper leafs of the cutting half off, and any other undeveloped growth.

Then you set your cubes, in the dome, or homemade container (tupperware), and make sure they stay wet, at all times, not soaked, but wet. Check~em as often as possible, and in 10-18 days, or so, give or take, you'll notice the roots on the sides of the cubes.

When the roots start showing on the sides of the cubes, you'll want to get them into the soil.

Keep them under low wattage lighting, like T-5's or CFL's.

The trick is to keep them wet, not soaking wet, the whole time, till they root, and you should be fine.

Good luck, and let us know how it went.
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-22-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X