Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seedling accident during manipulation. need advise.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seedling accident during manipulation. need advise.

After leaving my seed for 24 hours in water and 2 days in moist cotton to allow germination, I accidentaly smashed the radicula with a pair of tweezers when i was planting it in the pot. does anybody knows if that seed is still viable under proper normal conditions or is good for nothing?
    i would also like to know what it the apropiate time a seed must be kept germinating on moist papel towels before planting it on a pot. what are your thoughts?
    greetings, bongo loco.

Young seedlings are very fragile, yet at the same time they continuously surprise me at how much rough treatment they can take.
    The only way you'll know is to wait and see. Keep optimistic, weed just loves to grow!
    I generally keep my seedlings until they are an inch or so in length before planting them. Is the damaged one in soil yet or did it stay on the paper? Whichever it is, leave it there for a few more days to allow it to recover. If it looks OK, throw it in a pot. Be careful when planting seedlings to make a hole in the soil first (with the tip of a pencil say), drop the seedling in it and use a trickle of water to push the earth back in. That's how I do it and it works for me.
    Let us know how it turns out.

Davinci
    Last edited by Mr Scruff; 07-21-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X