Neut lockout killing my ladies?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neut lockout killing my ladies?!

Hi friends! I had a wicked sad face a week ago. This happened 3 days after the last water change.
    So... All the info.. Medical Mass and New York Diesel, DWC setup, 4-54w T5, 6500k each -- 2 blue 2 red, room stays around 70 daytime, 66 lights out, water 74 durring the day running 18/6, using Soul brand neuts at full strength. They showed deficiencies at half dose. I let the ph swing from 5.5 to 6.6 then I drop it back to 5.5.
    Going stronger and bushier than ever, both were cropped at wk 4 due to height issues when they go to bloom tent. Following Soul grow schedule and all was wonderful... Still using week 4 veg level and at wk 8 the new growth tops and leaves were staying puckered and shriveled up tight only on the Medical Mass. Looked like new growth was dyeing. Then it stopped growing all together ( was about 1/2" a day). Diesel was fine. They get the same everything. Hydro store guy saw pics and said I was starving them ... Said at wk 8 veg they should be needing much more.. So I upped the neuts to close to max of what's suggested on bottles. No change through that week.. Now week 9 and 3 days after water change I found Medical mass laying down on the bucket.. Stems and all droopy like crazy but no kinks in stem so I hastily put both in bloom tent under 650w full spectrum mega led.. There was an auto already in there loving life running 20/4 light. Diesel looked fine still but I put both in assuming that they had the same everything and it wouldn't be far behind. Sure enough, 2 hours later and Diesel was also hanging over. I took the day off work to love them up thinking that I had neut lock... When I tested the ph that morning they were at 3.3!! I upped it quickly to 6 .. Too late I guess. Flushed the roots of both with ph'd/cal/
    Mag water... 3 gallons each. Gave them 2 days and diesel seemed to be recovering but Medical had no change. day 3 I removed most of the bad, not sure how much or what but I just cut off the bad. Now Diesel is standing on its own in recovery but Medical had no change. There is some small growth alive toward the bottom but not much. I'm thinking I can just chop it to just above the stuff that's alive and hopefully it'll just start growing again? When I saw Diesel recovering I put in 5ml of grow in the 3 gal of cal mag water just for a little neut. now Diesel is looking a little droopy again trying to keep the ph of both at 6 ish. I found my digital meter was .5 out of whack which may be what led me to lowering them too much? I guess the real question is ... Ca. I just keep on veg and heal them? Is Medical too far gone? Any input is helpful. Thanks in advance
    New your diesel, wk 9 of veg, day 2 after flush and only cal/mag water Day 4 of issues.. Cut off most of the bad.  Some improvment.

Hi Damo. I don't know enough about hydro to help you here. I do hope one of our other members can.
    What I can say is that it is unsafe to assume that your plants have the same requirements. Different strains like different nute regimes so, just because one plant is failing do not change the regime of another that isn't. Listen to each of your plants individually.
    Don't give up yet. You still might be able to save them.

Comment

Thanks for the response Saturnalia! So far so good! After a good flushing and about a week in calcium ,magnesium ph'd water they came back! Most of the Medical Mass was lost but it's starting new growth again an the New York Diesel was only a partial loss and is now growing back strong. This week I'll start a light set of neuts and go from there. In the middle of harvesting my Industrial Auto ... Not great but not too bad for my first full grow messing it all up along the way. I've learned much and am mixing the DWC method with some aquaponic/ aeroponic techniques.

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X