Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drooping leaves, slight clawing...Noob in need of help. :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drooping leaves, slight clawing...Noob in need of help. :)

Good morning everyone,

I am on my 1st hydroponics grow. Below is my set up:

I am using a hydro set up. It is the Supercloset Superbox stealth grow box.

180 Watt full spectrum LED (109 watt actual draw) and a 65w 2700k CFL. (I can swap out the LED for a 200w 2700k CFL if needed).
    8 Plant SuperPonics System
    Technaflora Recipe for Success Nutrient Kit
    Industrial Grade Carbon Filter
    General Hydroponics pH Control Kit
    Eco Air 2 Air Pump
    132 Gallon Per Hour Water Pump
    Adjustable Internal Circulation Fan
    Hydroton Clay Grow Rocks

I am almost 3 weeks into since I germinated the seedling and things were looking good until I got home from work yesterday. I am growing 1 bubblegum. It was the only seed I had available to me. Hopefully it will grow large enough to try to clone.

Here's the stats inside my grow box as of today:
    Temp = 75f
    Humidity=43% (trying to raise this currently)
    Water temp=69f
    PPM=435 - 450 (before I emptied the tank in an attempt to flush the plant, after the flush, PPM is around 150 due to a little soup being left in the bottom of the tank. Should I re-flush and completely clean the tank?)
    pH=fluctuates between 5.5 and 6.1, but I try to keep it around 5.8

My problem is that my plant started to droop. (See the pics below) Based on what I read, this looks like over watering, but since its roots are submerged in the reservoir, how is this possible? Isn't that the point of a hydro setup? Last night, the rockwool cube the plant it in was quite wet to the touch, so I elevated the plant a bit in order to try to dry out the cube while still leaving the roots submerged in the water. This morning, the cube is a little dryer, but the plant looks the same. The roots look nice and healthy white.

I also read that the drooping looks like the beginning stages of nitrogen toxicity, which is why I flushed this morning.

Can anyone with more experience than me offer any opinions on the issue and how to correct it?

One of the pics was from last night and the other was from this morning. As you can see, they are pretty much the same.

One last thing, I installed the LED about 48 hours before the droop started. It sits about 5 inches from the top of the plant. There's almost no heat I can feel reaching the plant, but could this be causing the issue somehow?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by 420_Noob; 03-19-2015, 11:08 AM.

LEd 5 inches from the top wow your going to burn them mate up it to 30" or higher for now then come down as they acclimatize to the light.

What LED have you got it under?

Comment

Hi kbag,

The LED isn't too powerful. It's a 180w (109w actual draw). It's the Apollo GL60LED 180w LED. Link is below.
      Amazon Apollo Horticulture GL60LED Full Spectrum 180W LED Grow Light for Plant Growing

Comment

A lot of LEDs have lenses that focus the light at an optimal distance. Not sure about your Apollo but worth looking into.

Comment

Thanks Schmokin. I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X