My plant is tall and skinny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My plant is tall and skinny

I planted this on 1/3/15 I started it outside then moved it inside and now I have it in a closet with a light bulb on top of it and it's tall and skinny why is this?
    Attached Files

Not sure what type of light you are using and its tall and skinny like that cause its stretching for the light, if you keep the light lower down to the top of it but not so close where it gets burnt it will quit doing that.

Comment

Welcome First grower

KW said it plain and simple, it's stretching for more light. Cannabis is an outdoor plant that has been manipulated to grow indoors, very successfully I may add and needs enough light to, as close as possible mimic natural sunlight.

Best advice we here can give you is to invest in a grow light. Once you do, you'll see a big difference. When I started growing indoors, I bought a 400wt HID (High Intensity Discharge) grow light, bought the veg bulb for it first and by the time my plants needed to be switched to bloom (flowering) I was able to go back and buy the flowering bulb for that digital grow light. Cost me around $240 for the light, $20 something for the veg bulb, if I remember correctly and about $105 for the flowering bulb.

Best thing I could have done too. The most important part of your grow area is your lighting. Best of Luck to ya.

Comment

Hey First grower. What kind of light are you using here?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze4daze View Post
          Welcome First grower

KW said it plain and simple, it's stretching for more light. Cannabis is an outdoor plant that has been manipulated to grow indoors, very successfully I may add and needs enough light to, as close as possible mimic natural sunlight.

Best advice we here can give you is to invest in a grow light. Once you do, you'll see a big difference. When I started growing indoors, I bought a 400wt HID (High Intensity Discharge) grow light, bought the veg bulb for it first and by the time my plants needed to be switched to bloom (flowering) I was able to go back and buy the flowering bulb for that digital grow light. Cost me around $240 for the light, $20 something for the veg bulb, if I remember correctly and about $105 for the flowering bulb.

Best thing I could have done too. The most important part of your grow area is your lighting. Best of Luck to ya.
          Or you could buy a light that costs a little more and works for both veg and flower - Sun Supply LEC 315. I bought two, the last one off of ebay for $350 delivered. This light rocks. I'm not sure why I'm not hearing more about it other than in hydro stores.

Comment

I put the plant outside and it's growing pretty nice now

Comment

It looks like its planted close to the side of the pot and not in the middle. Do you have something else growing in the pot besides your seedling?

Comment

Working...
              X