Pinky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinky

Greetings, (my photo past albums about pinky are my reference for this thread)

I seek knowledge about plant survival and proper choices to make.

As you know, Pinky has been sick from since i got her and she 's such a fighter.

she is a 2month female cutling that was given to me about a month ago i had some seeds so i gave her some friends to chill with.

problem 1) budget=none
    problem 2) no experience
    problem 3)spider mites

I was advised to use neem but i could not afford it so i made a dish soap based solution that showed good results immediately.

but every 4 or 5 days i would notice a new web thread beginning to spawn and have to start over. I also noticed her root system was poor.

I got fed up and trans potted her into a completely new medium. at that time her roots weren't even out of her jiffy yet. I cut it open and planted her.

she immediately responded to the fresh water, nutes, everything. made a bunch of new spuds and than new signs of spider development.

so i put her on my stove top to keep her close to the light (i added tin foil to reflect the light downwards). Today will be the 5th day under the stove light.

every day, once a day, once at night, i spray her with soap and i do the same to her with water at half time. I cut up all the yellow and all the hungry leaves them too.

I can't afford to keep her under the light with the others until i know 100% sure that it is safe. i am lucky the seedlings never got infected.

This is Pinky now:
    pinky 0402_01a.jpg

She is asking for a bigger pot now. Her roots are trying to crack the ice cream container. Her leaves are not as nice as I hope for them to be but they have not deteriorated either.

My concern here is that for sure she don't get the same light she should be getting so that would be my first question.

And that I can't tell if she is cured. How will i know 100% that she is cured and/or how long do i keep her on the stove ? that will be question 2.

Question 3, I also want to know if she should need a new pot right away or to wait some more.

And that's it.
    Last edited by FREEZE LANDER; 04-02-2014, 05:07 PM.

Hey Freeze Lander, I have read you note twice and was wondering if you have plenty of holes in that container for drainage.i think you said you used plain potting soil, do you think that the soil seems hard and compacted? Do you think that pinky is suffering from to much water? If so the next time you transplant her add sand and if you can afford some perlite to put in it will help you with aeration of plant. Also take a piece of wide tape and line the inside rim of plant container so most of sticky part shows for at least2inches above the rim.this will keep new mites from climbing up pot as they will get stuck in the tape trying to get to plant.washing your plant in dish detergent and water can be very effective as long as you are not soaking the soil with soapy water as that could make pinky sick. You say you can see a lot of roots at the bottom of ice cream container? That is a good indicator that a plant is ready to be transplanted. If it's just a few roots you should wait or if you feel that this soil is to heavy and pinky is struggling then you need to transplant to soil that is looser and add whatever you have on hand sand, perlite to loosen up soil. Back to mites, take a piece of tin foil and wrap top of plant container, so when you turn pinky over your hand will be on the foil holding dirt in container as you rinse plant. Be carefully how much you use of the soap and water mixture it only takesa few drops! Dam I did not mean to get so windy, hope it helps, MN

Comment

PINK IS DEAD.. (SORRY!, no picture needed here.)

PINKY IS DEAD, I killed that bitch!

Now I focus on my champions:

Biggie, Elvis and Tupac are females from seed.

Out of my 3 other babies from seed i think they are all going to be females.

That would mean 6 females for 6 seeds. (not bad for a newbie, lol)

-RASTAFARI,

Comment

I'm sorry about pinky! Shit happens, what you gonna do!

Comment

I'll try again first time didn't work

Comment

@beav406. Shame about pinky. But you say you have others to commit to..
            Just had.a.look at the.pic of pinky and she.didn't look that bad, sometimes it just ain't meant to be. I've seen and.had plants that looked far worse than pinky did and somehow they manage to pull through, hardy little fuckers they are. But like I said, sometimes with all the care in the world if it ain't meant to be it ain't meant to be.
            The easiest and yet equally the hardest is just to sit back and let them do their thing. Patience, is the hardest lesson to learn whilst growing cannabis, and once we do things become a lot easier. Soz for waffling but I've been getting baked all night haha.
            Anyway my friend, good luck with the next lot of beauties.

Comment

Soz again. Meant to say @freezelander.

Comment

R-I-P to pinky

@ everyone here!

Thank you all for participating in this venture with pinky. My closet getting thinner as my seedlings are all champions.

I focus on the champs now. 3 females our of 6 so far. i should know by next week if i have 3 more. The younger 3 of them have huge stalks, they are low and fully garnished.

The led's really help the plants grow compared to the neon tube. It's like they told the roots to take a break and told the tree to grow.

I am going to start a thread about mother plants as this is the next stage of my adventure.

I thank you all for participating. I learning allot here and hope to see you in my new threads.

Comment

Working...
                X