Leaf curling/cuping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf curling/cuping

Hello,.. my plants are one month old today from seeds sprouting,.. I noticed the fan leaves are curling is this normal.

I have four-200W 6500K CFL & two 200W 2700K CFL lights on 18/6 cycle six inches above plants and plenty of air movement temps 68 to 80 degrees, I am using Miracl-Gro Tomato plant food at 1/4 strength every 7-days.

Any advice,.. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Is it possible that your temps are getting above 80? This could be heat stress...
    Upward curl like that is often to help the plant transpire. The stomata are underneath the leaf and the upward curl helps to open them.
    Often this occurs from too much heat, but sometimes from too much fan as well. Is the fan directly on the leaves all the time?

Comment

Thanks for quick response Roofie,.. temps mostly are 77 but max highs are perhaps 86,.. fans are up above plants blowing acrose light ballists and out open front of box,.. three sided box,.. the leaves will move slightly but main air force is well above plants.

Edit: forgot to mention I sprayed them with Neem oil last week about four days ago, for the first time,..
      Last edited by Braegnok; 03-19-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Try raising your lights a bit higher. I know its CFL and you can keep them quite close but you do have 6 of them and surprised your temp isnt higher then that. I am just using 2-125w 6400K CFL's and the temp in my closet is around 85F or a tad higher. My lights are about 6 inches from the canopy. Another suggestion is to give it a good flush with PH'd water.

I FIM'd the plant on the left and Topped the right one about 2 weeks ago or 3? lol Can't remember. DoH!

This was taken Feb 15
        20140215_092735.jpg

Took this morning
        20140319_070840.jpg
        Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 03-19-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks KW,.. moved lights up to 8" above,.. and set two center lights too shut down 2-hours sooner,.. I haven't made a door yet on my closet and the top is a heavy wire grate type shelf from an old fridge,.. so it's mostly open at the front and top.

Will give them a good flush Thursday,..

Comment

You're welcome. I have to shut the doors of my closet some what to keep the temp up where i want it. Weather is still on the colder side and raining of course cause hey its Vancouver home of liquid sunshine at this time of year lol.

Comment

Another good practice to use when watering is too, 1,-water with water/nutes
              2,- water with water only.
              Use this alternating watering method and you'll do fine my friend. It's also good practice to treat her a bit mean. Cannabis thrives on stress but it's also good to know when to back off as well. But a little dry period here and there won't hurt either.
              Looking at your plants they looking fine at present and will settle down into good plants you'll see.

Comment

@ greengrower it sounds tome like we are both into this S&M thing and bit of bondage, be brutal and they will love you for it lol

Comment

That's what I've found my friend. The meaner you treat them the better they respond. Go on,, whip that bitch!!!!

Comment

I like to push the nutes, but I also know when to stop.You can stress them to far and wind up with a hermi! Been there, done that! MN

Comment

Thanks for all the great advice,.. I have been doing the nutes every 7 days @ 1/4 table spoon per gal,.. and plan to bump dose up to 1/2 spoon per gal every 7 days this week.
                      Today I'm repotting them into 3-gal containers from the 1.9 gal,. been pushing roots back into bottom holes for a week now and noticed brown tips on some of the roots that keep growing out bottom of container,.. also got some Grandma's unsulphured, sodium free Molasses to start mixing 1 tbs per gal into water,.. should I start feeding any type Calcium nutes yet?
                      Last edited by Braegnok; 03-21-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

You don't need to keep messing with those roots my friend, just let them do there thing. Transplanting up is probably your best bet from what you've said. And I guess you've just done that today. Again, don't be concerned about the root tips turning brown, this is just them dying off at the tips when they touch the air. Again, this will only promote further root growth within the medium, making for a denser root ball.
                        I add my calcium every other feed or water,about once a week. It's hard to hold back on feeding them all those products that are out there. But hold back you must, they will be healthier for it.

Comment

Thanks greengrower,.. I was vary worried about the brown tips on roots,.. but it's good to know it's promoting further growth within the medium,.. and when they start popping out I'll let them do there thing,.. lol

I will start adding some calcium once a week,..

Comment

Working...
                          X