mites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mites

Can any body tell me about spider mite eggs - like how long till hatch? I see some on my mystery clones and drowned them in a spray but not sure off the eggs - any help is appreciated - slo-han

eggs can take up to 3 days before hatching and take up to 5 days to become sexually mature.

Comment

I read that they take 5-10 days but that did not sound right. I'll keep hoseing them till I'm sure.

Comment

Spider mite eggs take 3 days to hatch. I have spent considerable time investigating these little bastards as I bought a rooted clone from a dispensary that was invested with them. They killed off three of my other plants and I have been battling them ever since. So far, the best thing I have found to keep them in check is Neems oil and Ladybugs. The Neems doesn't seem to bother the Ladybugs as much as it does the Spider Mites, but it WILL kill them. So make sure you have more to release after you spray the Neems oil. I tried using Take Down, but it damaged the plants as much as the Spider Mites did, and caused me a lot of problems. The Neems oil on the other hand, is not detrimental to the plants. It is also bio-degradable, and will not cause problems even on a plant that is in the flowering stage. Just remember to stop spraying approximately 1 week before harvesting, if not earlier.My plants seem to enjoy the application, and it really makes the leaves look good. Just follow the packaging info. If I remember right, it's 1 teaspoon of oil to a quart of water, with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of dish washing detergent to keep the oil dissolved in the water. The best application is to spray top and bottoms of the leaves every three days until you get them under control. You can also try spraying them down with a high pressure sprayer. This will knock them off the plants and kill a majority of them, but you'll have to keep up on them. They are extremely hard to get rid of completely, but if you can keep them in check, and avoid the web tents from taking over, you should be ok. I had one that got ahead of me, and I swear, it looked like a spider colony moved in and webbed the entire plant from top to bottom. I hate these little bastards.
        Last edited by Wizard51; 02-18-2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

slo-han if you have a hydro shop or order on internet Vitality + and you will be realy pleased with the results, it also kills the eggs and nothing else does, i am very fussy at what i use on my medication but have been using on and off for couple of years and it does exscactly what it says on bottle and believe it or not your plants actauly look realy perked up 1-2 days after use and the other thing is you can use it i think up untill 1 week before harvest. Be sure too spray your soil thouroughlyand work your way up plant and you must do 10 mins before lights out and i will asure you it will work. I even keep a spare can here at all times just incase as it works so well and no i dont work for them Lollipop

Comment

Well, it took quite a while to do it but I went over every leaf on my three mystery plants and found only one new crawly. Just for grins I gave them another soaking of Organocide 3 in 1 oil. Will look for the alternatives mentioned when I get to town. The one that had the infestation was the one w/baby mite, the other two look good but are still in isolation. People are funny, he was just trying to help when he gave these to me and his eye's are not that good at 89 years but he is also spraying now - he had no idea!

Comment

Vitality+ is fantastic for killing spidermites in all stages of growth. Just remember to repeat every 3 days until infestations are gone. Another home remedy I've used (when funds are low) is cineman infused in water with s little washing liquid this also kills them and does no damage to the plants. Again repeat every 3 days.

Comment

Well, I've got to say, those lil buggars are hard to eradicate. Couldn't find any Vitality + but did score some neems and flat drowned them this morning. Thought all was well but yesterday was doing a final check and they were all over - again. Have sprayed all around as well and will wait a few and check again. These free plants are starting to cost quite a bit. It might come down to chucking them - slo-han

Comment

did another spray with Neems today, didn't look like it needed it but - been there! We shall see! I keep this thread going as I feel someone else could benefit slo-han

Comment

That Vitality + is a UK product from what i could see.

Comment

Yep, figured that out. Was told I could find it on the net but did not so..............greatly impressed with neems. Seems the organocide is OK for mild cases but for major infestation the neems is the one to go to. I understand better solutions are out there but didn't want to suit up and spray for one plant. Slo-han
                      PS two sprays w/neems nd I see a major difference

Comment

Working...
                      X