Are my plants stunted ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my plants stunted ?

my plants are 6 weeks old. two are from the same place and one from another. the tallest is 8" the others are within 1/2" of that and i couldnt have painted a prettier picture of 3 mj plants... but .. there soooo short. theres obviously two dif types of plants. One is indica mostly atleast and visa versa for the other (sativa) not ruderalis. there being grown inside a small indoor grow. also i should add there in about 4 1/2" deep of soil but the pot has a radius of 20". there is 3 plants in the pot and all have grew non stop from day one. almost like a perfect storm of growing. the stalk is around 1/2" aross approx. "radius".) theres so much beautiful growth its unreal compared to the couple ive gr own outside, yet there very short i "think". plus its been a problem to control the heating and cooling and temps have got into the 20s 30 and 40s some nights. i have my suspicions as to what may be the problem but i dont want to count anything out. any sugestions as to what it may be?? any opinions?? thanks in advance. and if i didnt do something right, this is my first post on this site, Sorry
    Last edited by projectgrEEnthumb; 12-29-2013, 01:00 AM.

4 and 1/2 inches is not very much soil for even one plant IMHO they get quite a root ball and suppressing the root ball suppresses the growth. I would give thought to transferring into a deeper pot and a vitamin B solution. slo-han

Comment

well thank u slo-han thats a good point. i thought about that but.. i guess im gonna post a couple pics when i get a chance and then u guys can judge from there. thanks

Comment

Slo-Han is correct. Cannabis grows with a main tap root and such shallow soil will hinder growth. Try potting it up to something a bit deeper.

Comment

another thought

Originally posted by projectgrEEnthumb View Post
          my plants are 6 weeks old. two are from the same place and one from another. the tallest is 8" the others are within 1/2" of that and i couldnt have painted a prettier picture of 3 mj plants... but .. there soooo short. theres obviously two dif types of plants. One is indica mostly atleast and visa versa for the other (sativa) not ruderalis. there being grown inside a small indoor grow. also i should add there in about 4 1/2" deep of soil but the pot has a radius of 20". there is 3 plants in the pot and all have grew non stop from day one. almost like a perfect storm of growing. the stalk is around 1/2" aross approx. "radius".) theres so much beautiful growth its unreal compared to the couple ive gr own outside, yet there very short i "think". plus its been a problem to control the heating and cooling and temps have got into the 20s 30 and 40s some nights. i have my suspicions as to what may be the problem but i dont want to count anything out. any sugestions as to what it may be?? any opinions?? thanks in advance. and if i didnt do something right, this is my first post on this site, Sorry
          If Lights are closer to the plants[ Plants branches grow closer together and it will take longer to grow tall.

Comment

Working...
          X