Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 days, droopy

Hi Gang,

What do you think about this Critical/Kush plant, 16 days since breaking ground? It always looks droopy to me. I try to wait til the cup is light and the surface is dry, but giving it just a little water seems to make it droop more. It's in a ventilated grow box, 78 deg, close to four 23W CFLs (3-6500K, 1-5100K), Promix HP, giving it diluted 20-20-20 every other watering.

thanks!

Rich
    Attached Files

Originally posted by richkel View Post
    Hi Gang,

What do you think about this Critical/Kush plant, 16 days since breaking ground? It always looks droopy to me. I try to wait til the cup is light and the surface is dry, but giving it just a little water seems to make it droop more. It's in a ventilated grow box, 78 deg, close to four 23W CFLs (3-6500K, 1-5100K), Promix HP, giving it diluted 20-20-20 every other watering.

thanks!

Rich
    Rich

I would say, back off on the nutes for at least the next 2-3 waterings. Go with water only till she recovers, then way, way less. 20-20-20 is not the correct nutrients you should be using this early in growth. 3-2-6 is where you want to be right now, and that at a little less then half the recommended amount and no more. Water only till she recovers. You will need to get the proper nutrients for this stage of growth and not try to dilute what you have. Remember this plant is in it's very early stage of growth and you need to feed her correctly. Diluting the wrong strength nutrients will not work. Go get the correct nutrients for early veg stage, even regular veg stage nutrients will work at a little less than half strength. Then easy with them, for best results. Good luck.
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-26-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks B4D for the response and the nutrient info. I only know about growing mj from what I've watched or read. One of the first videos I watched Cannabis Cultivation Documentary - Introduction To Indoor Growing | Alternative Medicines and Herbal Remedies recommends 20-20-20 for seedlings, 20-15-15 for growth, and 5-20-5 for budding. I'll get some 3-2-6. What do you recommend for veg and budding?

Comment

Thanks B4D for the response and the nutrient info. I only know about growing mj from what I've watched or read. One of the first videos I watched Cannabis Cultivation Documentary - Introduction To Indoor Growing | Alternative Medicines and Herbal Remedies recommends 20-20-20 for seedlings, 20-15-15 for growth, and 5-20-5 for budding. I'll get some 3-2-6. What do you recommend for veg and budding?
        Hey rich!

Good question and video. It sounds like your 20-20-20 is a high concentrated all purpose chemical fertilizer that needs to be diluted, but doing it that way results in an inaccurate way to measure what your plant is actually getting. Concentrated high chemical all purpose fertilizers have those high numbers because they are concentrated. Your plant is showing the results from to much fertilizer because you did not dilute the fertilizer enough. I only use natural organic fertilizers. I have been calling them nutrients, but I guess they are properly called fertilizers.

Natural Organic fertilizers have the lower numbers because they are not concentrated and do not need to be deluted. All the numbers you have listed above are for high chemical all purpose concentrated fertilizers, not natural organic fertilizers.

3-2-6 is Fox Farms's natural organic fertilizer called Grow Big which I use at half strength and is used for veg. Fox Farms extra strength natural organic Tiger bloom 2-8-4 I use for Bloom at half strength also and I alternate this with a bloom booster made by Green light called Super Bloom 12-55-6 and this is a concentrated water soluble plant food, and only use a quarter scoop per plant per feeding. I alternate feedings every 3rd day with water only and in three days with Fox Farms Cha Ching which is a pH balanced blend of extra strength nutrients specifically formulated to increase essential oils and produce heavy resin in buds. I also only use a quarter scoop of this also per plant per feeding.

I totally have to keep a log of what i am feeding, or else I would fail to remember all this stuff. Here is my feeding/watering schedule for veg, and for Bloom.

Veg 2-3 weeks old, at 1/4 strength.

Grow big
        Three days later
        water only
        Three days later
        Grow Big
        and so on

Flush! before Bloom.
        Flush=3 times your container size. My new containers are 10 gallon, so that x 3 = 30 gallons of water to properly flush my plant.

Bloom

Early Bloom weeks 1-4

Tiger bloom
        Three days later
        Water only
        Three days later
        Tiger bloom
        And so on

Flush again! Try to make this flush in the middle of the Bloom period according to the strain you are growing.

Bloom weeks 4-on till 2 weeks before Harvest.

Tiger bloom w/ super bloom
        Three days later
        Water only
        Three days later
        Tiger Bloom w/ cha ching
        Three days later
        Water only
        And so on

Stop all fertilizers 2 weeks before harvest.

Final Flush. This Flush is to remove all Fertilizer and harshness taste from your buds. So make it a good one.

* 3 tbs. of Black strap molasses per 5 gallons of water every time when I use Cha Ching. All Fertilizers at half strength, or slightly below, for best results, depending on how your plants are reacting. A tad more if they can handle it. But be super cautious, and keep watching your plants constantly.

* A Tad = 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. per gallon.

* I use a heating rod to heat my water. It is called Aqua heat. and I heat my water to 88*f.

* I also bubble the water for 24 hours prior to feeding/watering with a fish aquarium air pump.

*Each plant gets 2 and 1/2 gallons of water with or without fertilizers per feeding, with the size of my containers and at the start of Bloom and drains completely in those 10 gallon air pots in about 2 hours.

* Indica strains average 7-9 weeks. Hybrid strains can go from 8-11 weeks and Sativa's 11-13, some to 15 weeks in Bloom, so you will want to flush somewhere near the middle of your bloom period, for best results.
        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-28-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks a bunch B4D (and others here) for taking time to send all the good info. Big help for us newbies. I got some more seeds from Herbies (ordered Monday, in hand Saturday...Nice!)

Onward and upward ;-)

Rich

Comment

Thanks a bunch B4D (and others here) for taking time to send all the good info. Big help for us newbies. I got some more seeds from Herbies (ordered Monday, in hand Saturday...Nice!)

Onward and upward ;-)

Rich
            Your sure Welcome Rich, yah! I had to go smoke a fatty after that last post 4 sure. More like super nice getting your beans that fast too. Best of luck with your grow.

Let us know how your doing, from time to time and we always love to see the photo's too.

Comment

Oh man, you're killing me. Enjoy that fatty! Gonna be a while before I harvest any.

Comment

Hi there. You got a great answer from Blazd. What you are using seems way too strong for seedlings. In soil I generally use water only for the first couple weeks. If you do want to use something, make sure it is well diluted. Those seedlings are pretty fragile.
                As a matter of interest, I have done whole grows in soil with nothing but water. I don't recommend it as you miss out on a lot of bud, but it goes to show that pot plants are pretty hardy things. What they really don't like is too much feeding. I have seen a lot more problems from too much feeding than from not enough. Keep those nutes nicely diluted until the plant is well established and putting on plenty of growth.
                There are a lot of different feeding schedules and people tend to find the one that works for them and stick to it. I would highly recommend you follow Blazd's recommendations. That guy grows some killer weed.

Comment

Thanks Buddy, Yes, I've stressed the plant pretty badly with over watering and too much nutes. The last couple waterings I soaked it pretty good with distilled water, allowing it to dry out between. She's not looking much better. :-( I'm starting to wonder if this plant may be damaged beyond the point of being a great bud producer. Guess I don't have much to loose to try and get it looking better in the veg stage. Poor girl ... she deserves better.

Comment

001 (2).jpg002 (3).jpg003 (3).jpg
                    Hi Folks, Here she is 3 weeks after breaking ground. I've given it water only for about 4 days. It's starting to yellow a bit on the older leaves with a couple brown spots. Right now the cup seems pretty light. So...what next?

Are the 4 23W cfls I have on it now enough for a plant that size or should I fire up the HID?

Is that cup big enough for now? I don't see any roots emerging from the drain holes.

Should I water or let it dry out some more?

I'm tempted to transplant into something a little bigger and flush it with allot of distilled water with a tiny bit of nutes and pH adjusted to about 6.

thanks

Rich

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1293[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1294[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1295[/ATTACH]
                      Hi Folks, Here she is 3 weeks after breaking ground. I've given it water only for about 4 days. It's starting to yellow a bit on the older leaves with a couple brown spots. Right now the cup seems pretty light. So...what next?

Are the 4 23W cfls I have on it now enough for a plant that size or should I fire up the HID?

Is that cup big enough for now? I don't see any roots emerging from the drain holes.

Should I water or let it dry out some more?

I'm tempted to transplant into something a little bigger and flush it with allot of distilled water with a tiny bit of nutes and pH adjusted to about 6.

thanks

Rich
                      Hey Rich

If you have you soil mixture ready to go and feel comfortable with it, then transplant it to the larger container. Start off with just wet soil under those CFL's till the plant gets used to It's new environment. Wait a few more days till it starts showing proper new growth, after you transplant and before you give it any fertilizers. The wet new soil should help it readjust.

I would wait a couple more days for it to get readjusted before putting it under the big light.

Water only when it needs it, till you see it start growing normally and not drooping or yellowing. also make sure your new container has proper drain holes and the temperature where your plant is located, stays between 70-85*f.

The way I do the drain holes is I drill pinky finger size holes (1/2 inch.) into the sides, at the (very) bottom of the container, not underneath. The reason for this is you can always stick your finger into the holes to feel for wetness and to find out when to feed/water, if you need to. I do about 7 holes spaced evenly all around the (very) bottom outside of the container. This way you can always poke the roots back into the container without them being damaged from hanging out underneath and being squashed between the container and the drain tray, later on when the roots reach the bottom of the container.

Always try to think and plan ahead for best results.

Hang in there, your doing great.
                      Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-31-2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Hi there, just a quick comment but if you are about to pot this up then a sprinkling of mycorrhizal fungi underneath should boost the roots, thus making the plant stronger and more able to overcome this set back. Mycorrhizal fungi is not like a nute so shouldn't present any problems with relation to your current situation.
                        Just a thought./.....

Comment

Thanks Saturnalia (and as always Blazd4Daz),

I transplanted it this morning into a 3 gal. pot. I'm using Promix HP with mycorrhize so hopefully that will work. The roots were pretty wound-up at the bottom of the cup, so I'll add late transplanting to my list of mistakes. I used to think I'm a smart guy, but I it seems I don't have much plant-smarts....but I'll keep trying. I have a couple lemon-kush seeds sprouted. Hopefully I can do better by them.

My Mother gave me a house plant when I moved recently. One of those hanging vine things. It gets no attention at all, except the rare times I give it a glass of tap water it out of sheer pity. It always looks good. I think there's a lesson there. :^)

Rich

Comment

Here's 9 days after transplanting. I did a little pruning of the undergrowth (I know that's controversial) and F.I.M.ed it. I promise to leave her alone for a while. (I hope it's still a she) Looks good, eh?

Rich015.jpg

Comment

Hey Rich

Yes indeed! Growing along nicely. Critical Kush, looking good over there. Yup! Looks like she recovered, and is on her way to become a real fine plant, for real's. "Critical" means fast flowering, So no worry's.
                              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-12-2013, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X