Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White patches on leafs

Hi Blazd. How's things with you?
    You should raise this as a question in the sick plants section rather than here. I've looked at the picture and have these questions for you.
    Is all the purple in the picture from LEDs?
    Are you asking just about the paler leaf edges?
    Are you using just soil?
    Are they indoors or out or a bit of both?
    Post it up in the Sick plants section and I'll take a look.
    Cheers my friend.

Hey Buddy!

Doing fine here, how about you? Yes that photo and the following photos were taken under the LED.

I am using my soil mix listed here in the growing indoor section, under soil recipes which is what I have been using for several years. But these white patches are new and the LED lighting I'm now using is new. This plant has 5-6 of these leafs right now and is starting her 3rd week in Bloom. The soil recipe I use has never giv'in any of these white patches before to any of my previous plants, this is new and started two weeks ago.

I have been taking her outdoors for 4 hours of all around direct sunlight a day and back under the LED for 8 hours for a total of 12 hours of light in her light on period.

I have raised the light from the top of the plant to 17 inches, but was at 8 inches. At first I thought it was light burn and backed the plant off to where she is today, at 17 inches away from light. I have been getting 1-2 of these patches daily and at first I was removing the leaf, but now I'm leaving them to see how many of these patches continue. Sacrificial lambs so to speak.

Nutes are at 40-50% recommended strength. Water only every other feeding. Feeding/watering every 3rd. day. I have been spraying her for pests from day 21 till 2 weeks ago every 3-4 weeks. Preventative treatment because she does go outdoors for part of her light on 12/12 period. She spent most of her veg stage outdoors And there are pests about. been watching undersides of leafs and nothing there. You will see spray residue left over from pest spray treatment. I have rinsed her with a 5 gallon bucket full of bubbled, heated water poured all over her, but residue still remains. She will get rinsed again and will remain indoors from now. Except for feeding and draining for an hour or so, outdoors.

White patches only started after she started bloom. Bloom nutes are same for all my plants I have used for several years. Nutrient amounts are well below recommended amounts.

So I am not too sure why these white patches have started to appear. ???? Thanks for taking a look. From what you have written about yourself, maybe you can identify the problem here.

Thank you!

More photo's

DSCN2925.JPG P.jpgDSCN2922.jpg P.jpgDSCN2947.JPG p.jpgDSCN2960.JPG P.jpgDSCN2937.jpg p.jpg
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-21-2013, 02:17 AM.

Problem solved.

Increased her nutrients. White patches have gone. She just needed to be fed.

DSCN3168.JPG W.jpgDSCN3167.JPG W.jpgDSCN3180.JPG W.jpgDSCN3179.JPG W.jpgDSCN3215.JPG W.jpg

Comment

Haha! Answered your own question before I got back from my weekend lol.
      When it is someone like you who has been growing a while and is using the same methods that they usually use it can be difficult to find out what is going wrong. Under those circumstances I would usually say - well what has changed? In your case it is the light but that should cause no problems and 8 inches shouldn't be too close with a light like that.
      From just the pics I would have said a nutrient deficiency of some kind. The symptoms would suggest calcium although this is often caused by a deficiency in boron which regulates the plant's ability to assimilate calcium. It all sounds a bit unlikely though given the quality of your soil mix.
      I am unsure about your routine applications of pesticide. I know that bugs can be a pain so preventative measures can work. It just goes against the grain to routinely treat them. What do you use? And is it applied as a foliar spray?
      But here is the bottom line Blazd. I have had a look at your diaries and you are turning our some very high quality weed. If it ain't broke - don't fix it! I am glad you managed to overcome the white stain problem anyway. Now just carry on as you are because you are definitely doing something right!

Comment

Working...
      X