New grower, Browning tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New grower, Browning tips

Hello fellow coughee sippas. Im new at growing and need just a tad bit of advice. The plant I am growing. Yes just one, and I believe its a female, is starting to get brown burnt tips on some of the leaves. I recently clipped the top set of pedals off as I saw it was wise to do on another site. The information that I have seen show it could be one of two things: too much water/not enough or too much fert/too little. I believe it was too much water because I grow it outside in Texas conditions, which are starting to cool off and Im seeing a difference. But a week or so ago we got a goor rain and soaked the soil pretty good. Im thinking that is the issue. Im adding pictures for a second opinion. Thanks folks.
    Attached Files

Hiya
    I notice the plants are in quite smalle buckets. In the hot Texas summer this could definitely be too dry for them. What sort of temps and rainfall have you had this summer? Outdoors, in hot weather, in wee buckets, you should be giving a good watering every day.

Comment

Originally posted by MikePike View Post
      Hiya
      I notice the plants are in quite smalle buckets. In the hot Texas summer this could definitely be too dry for them. What sort of temps and rainfall have you had this summer? Outdoors, in hot weather, in wee buckets, you should be giving a good watering every day.
      Well its just one plant and correct its not in the biggest pot, I was thinking for moving it to another. Not sure of its too late to do so. But the weather this past summer was hot and dry but we did have bout 1 good week of rain and it got soaked bout 2 weeks ago. I stored some of the rain water and water the plant like that. I read on another forum that it would be good to let the soil dry before watering again. If thats incorrect than I will correct that. Its starting to grow more now and show more pedals with the white sprout at the end. Looks like its going to be a pretty female. But any other info you may have is truly appreciated.

Comment

A good rule of thumb for watering is to allow the top couple inches of soil to dry out completely. The plant will tell you when she is too dry by drooping her leaves, a good soak at this point and you will see the leaves perk up again within the hour. With experience you can water her just before this happens to avoid stressing her. In a hot sunny climate she will drink a lot of water, as well as losing a lot from the soil due to evaporation. Let us know how you get on, it's quite late in the season now. Do you get frosts in Texas? When do they start?

Comment

Heat

Looks like heat stress, not a lot you can do in the Texas sun for that, maybe make a tarp shelter?

Comment

Chems.

I see this often when I am taking my nutrients to the max. When the chems are hot the first thing you see are tip burns. Back off the chems and/or flush. This advise is late but I just got here. So for others who are in question to this type of problem try a flush and come back gently with the Chems.

Comment

Working...
            X