Dark Green abnormality in leave-Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Green abnormality in leave-Pics

Noticed today that there were some dark green spot that had developed in the fan leaves of our young plants. Have no idea what this problem is any help would be great.

PH is 6.5 to 6.8

Fert program is proper not over fert. the wifie is a great grower of other kinds of plants

growing under CFL part of the time moved outdoors during the day time

pot3.jpg

pot5.jpg

pot7.jpg

Phosphorus deficiency

Sounds like a phosphorus deficiency, try to get your ph between 5.0 and 6.0, guano is a great natural source or phosphorus! Hope this helps!

Comment

I agree. It looks like phosphorus definciencey. get some guano in there.

Comment

I have seen over watered plants look like that, and I have seen various fungi cause leaves to look like that. But for now I will agree it looks like a phosphorus deficiency. The only thing throwing me off is the fact that it seems to be in the middle of the leaves. When I have personally seen/fixed phosphorus deficiencies in the past, to the best of my knowledge, the necrotic looking grey color started at the edges.

One of the main reasons I am going with phosphorus deficiency rather than fungus or water issues is because it only seems to be on the lager/older/more mature leaves. Phosphorus, being a mobile nutrient/element in plants, will be removed from older growth and put to work producing new growth by the plant. The new/young growth looks great, so this adds to my inclination toward P deficiency.

A plant is hungry for nutrients long before it is deficient, and it is deficient before it shows signs and symptoms. Therefore, your plant is STARVING for P (If it is in fact a deficiency), so I would give it a water soluble phosphate fertilizer as soon as possible.

Also, as someone else said, lowering your pH a little will make your plants happier, but honestly, in the pH range you are talking about, phosphorus should be available enough if it is present (unless you are growing in a soil less media). In the case of soil less media, aim for a maximum of pH 6.5.

Anthony C

Comment

Your leaves... I have seen this before. Some helpful advice (hopefully)

I have had experience with this as well with my own grow. Be very careful when watering your plants when your water has nutrients in it. If your nutrient water gets on your leaves it will singe the leaves and cause exactly what I say in your photos. Its not always nutrient deficiency or mold or other factors that causes this although they can be a factor as well. Im just saying that specifically, if your nutrient water touches your leaves, this will occur. Try gently pushing back your leaves while watering, and dont allow the nutrient water to drip off your watering device onto the leaves when extending it above your plant. I plan on getting a water spout type watering container to make it easier to avoid this. Also keep in mind factors like not enough humidity while having plenty of wind in your grow area. That could also be a deciding factor in this as well. Im not a "know all" person, but I am a technical analyst type guy that knows enough that a few variables could be the cause rather than just one. But keep in mind what Ive said though. If you do fear that you may have gotten nutrient water on your leaves, keep a spray bottle of normal water handy to spray down your leaves after watering. An occasional spray will also help humidity (if thats even a problem for you), hopefully alleviating any overly dry conditions assuming its done every time you water. (Im assuming every 2 to 4 days depending where your plants are at in growth)

Comment

Working...
          X