White Widow ScrOG. Is it a good idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Widow ScrOG. Is it a good idea?

I have 3 plants (see my other thread in this section for photos) that are growing nicely, they are 30cm (12'') high at 3-4 weeks of age. (Started from clones, so I'm not sure how long they have been rooting @grower).
    Wondering if ScrOG is a good idea with them, anyone tried this?
    How high should I set up the screen?
    Any other considerations?

They are under 800W KingLED light, in a (L)1.6m x (W)1.1m x (H)2.4m, or 5'4'' x 3'8'' x 8' room, in soil.
    I'm new at all of this, so appreciate all feedback, thanks.

The Widow will work fine in a scrog system. If this is the way you want to go you should begin topping and super cropping now. Have a read on these pages in the training techniques section. All the information you need is there. Height of the scrog is variable as it depends on pot size, age of plants, strain etc. Basically you make the screen then work around it.
    I would say as a rough guide you want the screen to be about a foot above the top of the pots. Start to shape the plant with a canopy first and then install the screen. Remember that the plant will stretch after flipping so leave enough space on the screen for it to grow into. And leave enough space to work beneath the screen too.
    I only tried a scrog once myself. Here's the journal. I am thinking of trying again as there are quite a few things I would change this time. We learn as we go along eh.....

Comment

Thanks mate, I read your journal and a heap of other tutorials, it all looks easy until you get the razor out and think "where to chop?". I hope I don't damage my babies. There is also a bit of a nute burn showing, hope it will settle after a few watering days, as I'm not adding extra nutes. fingers x-ed. Thanks for your advice mate

Comment

Hi Hobby Gardener. SCROG is a great technique and fun to do. Although, if you're a newbie you should maybe think about just growing your plants straight out so you can learn them and get a feel for them.
        As for your worries about cutting. Don't sweat it too much. If the plant is healthy and strong you won't really hurt it. Just take out the growing tip. You can do it with your fingers too. Just select the stem directly under the topmost leaves and chop. Simple as that.

Comment

What's up fellow grower, I just ordered some white widow auto flower seeds from herbiesheadshop and I see youve been growing white widow for a little bit and I would like to know if you have any tips or suggestions for me to start. I'm in Texas and will b growing them in my garage with a beginner style set up haha ( really have nothing but a regular light)

Comment

Thanks Schmokin , you're right, as a newbiethere are so many things to work out (incl. my current problem that I believe I pinpointed as potassium deficiency, after a lot of researching, charts, photos and input from others, both here and in other forums). ScrOG might be the go next round, I removed the screen and now just fixed my plants with soft wire to the edge of pots, so the lower leaves get more light. Nute problems are a much bigger worry right now. Cheers for the input mate!

StayLifted , mate, I'm a total newbie, all I can say is - lot of info can be good but also can be overwhelming and contradicting, so just don't believe everything you read everywhere. Common sense b4 anything, and... you really might need to upgrade your lights at the very least, imo.

Comment

• StayLifted
              StayLifted commented
              Editing a comment
              HobbyGardener thanks man I know exactl what you mean, this is my second grow, the first one was fast & vast auttos and I grew 5 plants but since then have lost my lights so im going to have to use what I have for now. Maybe even using the sun a little bit to

• HobbyGardener
              HobbyGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              StayLifted, good on ya mate, and good luck!
          Working...
          X