First Grow : No money closet edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Grow : No money closet edition

Alright, Glen here for my first attempt on growing cannabis, around a week ago I've found a bunch of seed laying around in a Ziploc bag so i took only three and immediately put them in a glass with tap water, waited around 48h ( until they all were at the bottom of the glass ), none of them had cracked open. Then i placed them inside a wet paper towel inside a Ziploc bag to keep the moisture in.72 hours later, hooray , they've all cracked open! I'm guessing it took long because of the temperature of my closet ( under 20 Celsius ) so now i have a heater that keep the temperature around 21 degrees Celsius . One of them had her root pointing out more than the other and i couldn't wait any longer ( the hype was real ) so i planted it in a random soil mix that was laying around my house in a plastic cup and then placed a 23w cfl light right over it.
    As I'm righting this nothing as popped out and its her 3rd day in the soil, i know it was probably too soon to plant it but i have a lot to learn and that's why I'm here.
    I'll be back with more updates.
    Cheers!

Week 1 day 2
    first watering in 4 days

Comment

Looking good. What the lighting plan once they get growing good? If you haven't gotten it planned out yet, now is a good time. stay a few steps ahead of the game.

Comment

• GlenWong
        GlenWong commented
        Editing a comment
        i've got 1000w hps bulb, just gotta set up the grow area.
        and umm quick question, during vegetation should I still use cfls or go straight to the 1000w?

You wont get any good veg with a 1000w hps you need m/h for veg and you can use cfl's for veg as i have and had good success and its cheaper too

Comment

I have used 200w CFL right from seedling to 12/12 when i switch to a bloom LED

Comment

New Chapter

Alright guys... I done fucked up big time,
          I got way to high last night ; " oh what a good idea to smoke a king sized on my own when im used to smoke a bowl or 2 ". You know, that type of night.
          Anyway, really blazed Glen wanted to go check his one and only baby, she looked amazing there was even a new leaf staring to poke out and..... bam nightmare.
          All i see is dirt, dirt on my floor, dirt in my ghetto grow box, dirt everywhere. I couldn't believe it, but yes, we lost it boys, I fucking dropped it.

So i started the other seeds and not post here until everything everything get back to normal, I'll be back.
          Have yourself a lovely day, Glen.

Comment

Tough break Glen. There's a lesson in there for all of us. First grow and it can be really hard to leave the thing alone. Always checking, poking and prodding. They don't like it though, leave them alone....
            Better luck next time. Keep us informed.

Comment

A shitty dealio Glen, better luck next grow.

Comment

Live and learn Bro, lesson learned let them grow. hope your luck is better with the next try.

Comment

What-uup

Alright alright, GlenniBoy is back in the game hahaha! aight i'm just kidding but seriously though i'm back for an update of the "new growth" or whatever happenned to the last one ಥ_ಥ... ohyeah.

Starting of with the first one, Mr. Lahey, he's 5 days old and has a pretty interesting story. The night that i kind of fucked up my first try, well i had 3 other seed left and i ended up using 2 of them, they were already germinating but they were way too early to plant ( check photo on very first post ), but I planted them anyway. So after i planted them, before watering, i realize that one of my two cup had no draining holes so i took the risk of spilling some dirt(with the seed) then i grabbed a knife and started pushing aaand i'm a silly goose, pushed too far, cup kinda bounced and guess what? Dirt on the floor and my seed as well , but luckily i did find it but i think i messed her up by crushing her with my finger to check if it was really it ( everything look like a seed in a frigging pot mix ok ) . So i planted it anyway and put it aside to see if something happen. 4 days later, Randy showed up(check photo), witch is tiny but as i said the seeds weren't really ready, but no sign of Mr. Lahey. I had to admit that i fucked up twice so i moved on and grab my Ziploc bag because i had one last seed left, and the root had sprouted like crazy so i planted him right away, Julian was born, he's only 28h old and looking greater than ever(photo).

I had a little surprise today, as you can see on the first photo titled " Mr. Lahey " , there's a tiny plant beside Julian... a tiny shit plant.
                  Its not looking great but we're gonna see what's gonna happen.

Hope you guys like my goofy grow report.

Cheers, Glen.

Comment

So it dropped...? Gather it up and Flood it like a transplant...
                    I guess it's too late now...
                    Start more than you need... Pick the healthy ones
                    and try to Guerrilla Grow the ones you don't have room for...
                    Then , You can Kill them indoors AND OUT...

Comment

Hi Glen. Hope the last seed works out for you. Maybe you should give them girl's names. You don't want them to be boys.

Comment

PS...... "WHICH" not witch... Bi , By , Buy , Bye !

Comment

• GlenWong
                          GlenWong commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ok then, sorry eh

JK..........

Comment

Hi.
                          Bigger one is a week old and smaller one is 3 days old
                          Let me now what you guys think.

Comment

Working...
                          X