No announcement yet.

All Advice is appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be hard, almost impossible for me to give an opinion SoCal, without seeing an entire grow using one of those LED's. The LED lighting industry is advancing so fast now~a~days that what we think is good now might be upgraded again and even better next month, for all we know.

Even a 5 year warranty is becoming standard these days. Thermal management is so important with these LED's the way I see it. Cooling fans go bad quickly and heat sinks are getting more and more important to keep these units from over~heating.

I have two LED's, one with 8 cooling fans and after my first grow, one fan started making noise. the other LED is without cooling fans and I even point a fan over the top to keep air movement to it, just in case. Both have giv'in me pretty good results, good enough to want to continue using them instead of 1000wts of HID, I still have as back~up. My results are just as good, but LED's save on the electric bill and I'm happy enough with my yields. that is what it boils down to for me.

I finished my last grow mid July last season growing 4 plants using one LED and 6 hours of direct sunlight a day and still have enough medicine to last till I plant and harvest again. Plan to get underway with my next grow of 4 plants again, very end of next month. So I'm doing fine with the LED's I purchased, as long as I keep them as clean as possible.

I guess you could look for a complete grow with one of those LED's on utube, to see if the results were worth the money spent. Best of Luck with your decision, a hard one I know.
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 01-29-2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Well said there Blaze, as to the one post i put up about how new LED panels can go like pc's. Have the so called mack daddy of LED panel's one year and then following year the buggers come out with a better one.

Comment

Thanks guys I am going to get two 700 Watters I was talking to the platinum guy abut the light and he told me in bloom that that light only covers about a 2.5ftx3ft area and I need enough light to hit all my plants as well as be able to penetrate to the bottom of the plant I hope and if not I got CFL' I can run towards the bottom but I think that the two 700 waters should be enough for a 4x4x7 foot area. If any suggestions about the lights and setting them up as well would be appreciated.

Comment

It might be a good idea to ask for the pulley, or ratchet rope light hangers when you order your light SoCal, they should be included with the light when shipped. If not you can pick them up at most any Hydro supply store for under $20.

That way you can keep your light right where you want it as the plants grow, 10~12 inches worked best for me in bloom, but starting out with seedlings you'll want the light about 4 feet above, then lower it gradually as the plants grow. Just use two 1/4~3/8 inch thick eye hook screws, screwed into a well mounted 2x4 board above your plants, or whatever works best for your grow area. Best of Luck.

Comment

Working...
          X