Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time in AK and Shiva Shanti

Hello guys!

My second diary here, but now not with automatics. Im using the same lights and type of soil.

So, im with two plants:

- One is the AK, from spliff seeds, that born in 20/02. AK Female Cannabis Seeds
    70% Indica. GenotypeColombian Gold x Highland Thai x Mexican x Afghani #1) x NL Special. Incense aroma and spicy, sweet flavour. Produces uniform plants. Very stable. Compact,resinous buds. Bodystoned high with a good head buzz. Potential THC level high.
    We used an AK as a mother and crossed her with our Northern Lights Special (90% Indica), which has ridiculous trichome production, as a father to improve THC production. The result is our AK that is Indica dominant (70%). She is a very quick finisher. AK performs well on hydro, coco or soil and is excellent for the SOG method. Very mould resistant, AK is one of the most stable varieties we have, producing uniform plants.
    She is very easy to grow, virtually idiot proof, as she can stand both higher and lower temperatures. AK doesn’t require a lot of nutrients. She does need some space in between individual plants to reach her full potential. Vegetative period is 3 to 4 weeks. Prune the lower buds to create one major bud or supercrop if you have space. AK is ferociously quick flowering variety.
    The rockhard buds are covered in red hairs and lots of trichomes. The aroma is a pungent, spicy smell resembling of noblewood. The taste is spicy and sweet. AK is amongst the most potent strains known to man. She has a bodystoned high with a good head buzz. Medicinal value: pms, muscle pain, joint pain, neuropathic pain, ms, insomnia, and depression.

- And another one is the Shiva Shanti, from sensi seeds that born on 04/03.

At the start of the Nineties, two large collections of breeding plants merged and the Seed Bank became the Sensi Seed Bank - one of the most important cannabis gene-banks in existence. To celebrate, Sensi Seeds released several new strains designed to be accessible to every weed-lover - easy to grow, very affordable and always expressing Sensi’s high standards of quality and potency.

Shiva Shanti was the first of these special ganja strains - a beautiful plant named after the equally beautiful twin daughters of Ben Dronkers. This hybrid is bred from an old-school Afghani known as Garlic Bud, whose classic qualities have been reinforced by crossing with another 'heritage' Kush variety; she receives a further boost to her vigour and power through a recessive Skunk influence.

Shiva Shanti covers all the bases; she's large, vibrant and uniform, producing little odour when blooming. As a strain, she’s very dependable in flowering and matures quickly, producing a heavy yield of long, solid, spear-shaped buds. Shiva Shanti inherits the power and characteristic aroma of her famous parent - the sharp, acidic tang of raw garlic, now coexisting with a rich, honeyed scent from the Skunk ancestor. Shiva Shanti's effect is deep, stress-free and a fine enhancer of physical sensations.

Well, i had some nutrient problem, and dont found a good nutrient for the vegetative part.

So, i do a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oiI...ature=youtu.be

And the question is: Is a good size to put on flower period?

Hi. Nice video.
    First thing to say is that 72% humidity is quite high. Can you get some better ventilation in there to bring that down?
    As for the size. If you let them go bigger you will get a bigger yield, but if you chose to put them onto 12/12 now you would still get a good result. Remember that they will stretch during flowering so consider how much space you have too. It is difficult to see in the video but if your space is small you should consider flipping them soon.

Comment

Well, the humidity goes to minus then 15% and goes to 90% on the same day here, doesn´t metter what i do. I know that wasnt good, but i already try a lot of things and didn´t help.

I´ll let more one week and i think i´ll put ythe lights 12/12.

About the space, isn´t a problem. I can put the lights more for up if i´ts needed. Has like 2 meters to the roof. So, is enought space, with sure.

I do one more video last week and i didn´t has time to post, so here it is!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Ra...ature=youtu.be

Comment

New video:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCRn...ature=youtu.be

So, my question for today: Should I cut off all the "big" leaves!?

Thanks!!

Comment

After watching the video, you could do some lollipoping, ie:- removal of the lower branches. This rill encourage upper growth which is where the buds will be. As for the removal if leaves ( after you've done lollipoping) well this depends. Personally I like to leave them alone. They are the factory of the plants. They contain all the sugars necessary for plants development. When you remove a fan leaf you are removing a source of energy.... But sometimes it's necessary to remove a fan leaf, for instance, if it's damaged. If it's blocking a bud site.. It's a contentious issue the removal of leaves. It's all up to you..only with growing experience will you fathom it out.. Good luck mate.

Comment

Really nice tip, Green!

Im only on my second try planting weed and the first try planting not automatic plants. So I ´m a really noob on this yet.

After your tip i look on youtube for some loollipoping during the vegetative stage, and i ´ll try to do it and after I ´ll do a video to show.

I hope that i don ´t do shit, but shit happens and is everything a knowledge! To get the perfection you should do mistakes, hahahahahaha.

Please guys, i really enjoy all your tips here. Dont be shame to post even if you think that it ´s a dumb tip. All the tips that u guys gave me on my diaries was anwsome and i see the diference happening.

And in a few I ´ll do my "reports" of my first plants. Is just a few hard for me because i never do it, but i ´ll wrote a post on the another diary in a few days.

I ´ll plant the tomatoes and the carrots for my wife and after i ´ll work on the plants.

That ´s it.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Im sorry my english, hm? :/

http://youtu.be/HN_0DQFBlgo

I removed the lower branches good? Was something like this?

I hope that i done well!

Comment

Looking good GnOMouS.
                I agree with the greengrower about the fan leaves. I know some people remove them but I don't understand why. This is where the photosynthesis happens. However it makes sense to remove them if they are blocking a bud site.

Comment

Nice. I´ll put her today to be 36 hours dark and then start 12/12!!

Comment

I start today the cicle 12/12 to start the flowering from both plants after 36 hours of a "black room" or a dark period(i dont know how to say).

AK is on her 12 week of life and Shiva Shanti on her 10 week of life. Already put a proper nutrient. On the next time that i put it i´ll record a video to show wich one im using.
                    Hope everything gone well.

Last edited by GnOMouS; 05-11-2014, 07:50 PM. Reason: Adding informations

Comment

Hello guys, not a day to water the plants yet, but i has a dumb question.

Is the fan too close for the plants?

http://youtu.be/sgb2EKDaq9s

Tks!

Comment

Tuckas (GnOMouS)

Not a dumb question, but wind burn, yes way too close. Your fan should be circulating the air in the grow area and just slightly moving the leafs, not pointed directly at the plant from just a foot or two away.

Point your fan just slightly above the top of the plant, or down toward the bottom on low, medium if your trying to keep the temperature down in your grow area. But not directly at them, unless the fan is kept 5~6 feet away, on low. Your plants leafs are getting wind burn from to much air, pointed at it from the fan, Good Luck.

Your plant looks good, your getting a lot better at growing. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 05-12-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Nice, Blaze!

Yes, the fan is to get the grow room colder on the light period.

I´ll do a test and will put the lights a few for up and the fan for down just to circulate the air on the grow room. The problem is that if i put the fan for down, the room in the top part get too hot. But i´ll try this night and will tell the results here after.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys, im here again!

Well, the fan tip works awnsome. I put the lights a few for up and aim the dan for the floor, on the containers. The temperature is around 24.3ºC and 25.3ºC. Is almost perfect now!!!

And i fo a video showing this and asking about a 90L container that i earn from my garden suply here around.

http://youtu.be/McPFDp7LWKk

Thanks for everything, guys!

Comment

#1 week of flowering end today.

Video showing with nut im using:
                              http://youtu.be/Yc3cRvurUbg

I said that already work in my last plants but i use just when finish the other one. Im not sure if its good. Im thinking to buy some new stuff in the internet.

Any of u guys already use the bio bloom?

Bye, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X