Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Amnesia autos

Hey Everyone,

I have 3 autos that are 52 days now, but the buds don't seem to be as big as they should be, or at least from what I see on utube. They are in 3 gallon pots and I feed them Plant Magic nuts and cal/mg. There is also some yellowing of the leaves. They are under 2 300wat CFL's. I was keeping the tent open because I worried that it would get to hot, but I am now closing it up. Can anyone with some auto experience give me any advice please?

20160210_174934.jpg 20160210_175219.jpg 20160210_175244.jpg 20160210_175323.jpg

20 views and no replies, I guess maybe I put it in the wrong place.

Comment

I have no experience with auto strains but judging from the pictures it seems you let them stretch a lot which means you kept that light too far away from the canopy. The length between the internodes are quite far apart. Not much you can do about it now though. How long has it been since it started flowering? And leaves that are turning yellow and dying is normal in flowering time.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Katzie, I've kept the light about 5 or 6 inches from the plants, They have been flowering for about 4 weeks now but all the videos and pics I've lookde at of Amnesia autos the same age the buds are hugh. Am I just being paranoid? Of course the others probably have high powered lights where I'm using CFL's. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

You're welcome and if you plan on using the cfls for flowering i would get more and use them for side lighting as well. Get smaller wattage ones for the sides

Comment

I was thinking about that to Katzie, I'll have to rig up more outlets to my grow room somehow, Gonna look into that,,Thanks again

Comment

I'd say almost definitely the cfls. They may be close to the tops but these plants are quite tall and there is no light penetration to the lower branches. Although it's not really a good idea to top autos, you can use some LST to gently bend them over and expose the lower shoots to the light.
              Also, when you say 52 days, from when. Autos take a while before they click into flowering mode. You can't start counting until you see the first pistils. You might still have a way to go and time for those buds to fatten up.
              I did a diary of an auto in a small space with a CFL where I had to LST her. Check it out here to see how I exposed more of the lower branches to the light.. https://forum.howtogrowmarijuana.com/...3-auto-somango

Comment

Working...
              X