Feminized Seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminized Seeds

If you're an experienced grower or breeder, this might not interest you too much, but it's a great article for anyone who's just getting started.

We get questions all the time about what feminized seeds are, what that means, how do you feminize seeds, etc, so thought I would share -

How To Make Your Own Feminzed Marijuana Seeds

Even if you don't read the whole thing, there are some nice pics in there that show males & hermaphrodites if you aren't sure what those are supposed to look like.

Comment

ok, growing 2 feminized plants from 2 different stains. Both have produced a few seeds. I see no male sacs anywhere. The seeds were found on branch nodes on the largest stems. Are these seeds feminized? Will these seeds even grow? None of the flowers show any sign of seeds or pollination. Anyone have anyanswers? Thanks.

Comment

well I'm thinking you had your preflowers pollenated by a stray male pollen sac you didn't see. I also think the seed will grow. no they will not be feminized as a matter of fact probably 75 percent chance of male or hermie.

Comment

No canbethewicked i doubt it was a male. Its over ripe and thats what happens at times. Flowering too long and it will produce a few seeds here and there

Comment

I disagree katzie, if that was the case the seeds wouldnt have had time to mature...th3 seeds he or she said were on large branch nodes which means they were pollenated early. I didnt say the plant was male i said a stray male pollen sac which happens to quite a few feminized plants those stray sacs can be easily hidden.

Comment

I've had mystery seeds before when I know for a fact there is no possibility of cross contamination from a male. It was a massive mystery. I think in the end what must have happened is that the pants produced a tiny hermie flower that I missed and self pollinated. When they hermie it can often be very localised rather than right across the pant.

Comment

Originally posted by Trex View Post
                ok, growing 2 feminized plants from 2 different stains. Both have produced a few seeds. I see no male sacs anywhere. The seeds were found on branch nodes on the largest stems. Are these seeds feminized? Will these seeds even grow? None of the flowers show any sign of seeds or pollination. Anyone have anyanswers? Thanks.
                Perhaps there will be hermaphrodites.

Comment

I had 2 white widow plants from femminized seeds & I got a few seeds too. I had to harvest almost 3 weeks early cause the tax ass was coming in!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
                    I've had mystery seeds before when I know for a fact there is no possibility of cross contamination from a male. It was a massive mystery. I think in the end what must have happened is that the pants produced a tiny hermie flower that I missed and self pollinated. When they hermie it can often be very localised rather than right across the pant.
                    Had this happen years ago with cali-o s1 seeds. Same thing. A couple seeds here and there is not a big deal and is to be expected from selfed progeny. Which is why i like to grow standard non-feminized seeds whenever possible. I'd rather cull a few males or have the option of making my own seeds and crosses from them vs dealing with unstable genetics. But there's a time and place for everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X