Milk & Molasses.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk & Molasses.

Been doing some reading today and found this. Would be interested to hear your comments.
    http://www.motherearthnews.com/organ...#axzz2yR9DnEaL

Always knew molasses was good for growing but that's a first on the milk one.

Comment

ive heard of using molasses its only posh sugar but ive not heard about the milk

Comment

that's a new one on me, have to give it a try.
        gary

Comment

I've thought about milk before but just assumed it would encourage mould. Am very surprised to hear it is fungicidal. Keen to give this method a go.

Comment

I have a couple of little ladies I think I will begin a controlled experiment with. 2 with milk and mollasses and 2 plain water. Same cabinet same everything except nutrients. I will do a grow journal. With pictures and all even

Comment

looking forward to it alexi, a couple of my seedlings had tiny white bugs flying around them and in the soil, so i mixed up a 20% solution of milk and water and sprayed them real good this morning, this afternoon no bugs anywhere. good tip there schmokin!
              gary

Comment

I will post set up pics when I get back from Turkey day festivities. Either Sat or Sunday

Comment

How did this method work out for you Gary? Was everything OK going forward?

Comment

nope, the bugs disappeared for a few days but came back, so i got some neems an started useing that, think must have been a lot of eggs in the soil mix. hopefully got it under control for now.
                    gary

Comment

Cool. No sign of mould from the milk spray though? Like Saturnalia I think that's my chief concern here.

Comment

haven't noticed any new mold, i had to pick some of the lower leaves that were moldy, but they were touching the dirt, so i don't think it was the milk mixture.
                        gary

Comment

Milk and molasses sounds promising. Never tried that mix before but a little bit cautious. Is it really worth it?

Comment

Never tried that mix before, bit cautious but never know until you try

Comment

Working...
                            X