Rabbit poop for fertilizer and or tea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit poop for fertilizer and or tea

So i have a pile of rabbit pellets (poop) from the family bunnies. I am thinking about putting a bunch in a 5 gallon bucket and filling it with water. Letting it soak stirring it 2-3 times a day for 3 or so days then using the water to feed my plants and the left over gunk at the bottom to mix in with the soil of my ladies as a fertilizer. Any ideas? Thoughts? Am i dreaming, a genius, that window licking kid on the short 🚌? Im new to growing so i am just feeling my way. I understand using chemical nutrients can be extremely helpful, however, i really would prefer a bit less chems and more natural methods.

Do not put the rabbit poop in the soil right away, it needs to breakdown on its own and let it sit for minimum 6 months after that then mix in soil.

Comment

So the stuff from the bottom of the pile. Is it ok to use for the tea mixture as well? Ive read its supposed to be good.

A bit of background on my family bunnies. They live outside in hutches. The remnants of organic matter that falls through the cage floor piles up. We clean it up oh roughly once a year. They are almost to clean ip time. Right about time for me to build my compost pile.

Comment

Tea mixture would be good though i read, rabbit crap is very high in nitrogen.

Comment

Ok. Gonna mix my girls up some rabbit pootea..... Ya know, that sound like some high school drunk redneck text lol

Comment

The mixture that went into the bucket. Approximately 1-2 pounds of organic matter. I noticed dirt, worms, fresh (less then 2 week old) pellets, rabbit feed pellets (alfalfa mainly) leaves, bugs you name it. Then i filled the 5 gallon bucket full of water. Today and tomorrow i stir every so often. The third day i add 16 ounces of tea, to one gallon of water correct? Or just use it straight?

Comment

No idea on the recipe that you'll have to look up online. So do some research cause i have never used it myself. Just quickly googled it to give you some basic answers for it

Comment

I looked it up last night. Good thing i did too. I was gonna strain it off and use it full strength. Bad idea i guess. Any brew made should be watered down at a 1 part tea to 10 parts water ratio. Dodged a bullet there!!

Comment

Hi Alexi. That's right. Dilute it well. At least 10:1. When you come to use the gloop at the bottom let it sit outside for a few months first to make sure it's fully broken down. If it were me I would put the gloop in the compost pile and use it as part of that general compost when it is all well rotted.
                  We have other growers who use nettle tea which is easy to get and also high in nitrogen. Remember this is really good for veg stage plants but you want something higher in potash for flowering plants.

Comment

I just done a diy composter made from a garbage can

Comment

I have been adding 4oz per gallon. They say 10 to 1, which is 12oz per gal of 128oz. So my diluted amount should be just the pick me up they enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                      X