adjusting PH?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting PH?

i use carbon filtered water but it is almost an 8 ph from the faucet with lots of minerals and i'd like to know what you people use to get the ph readings down to a better range? when i give my plants their food (fox farm) it drops the ph down to around a 6, so i'm good with that but when i just water them, every other time, i would like to use something natural, what would you suggest?
    thanks, gary

use pH down its cheap to buy and always use a tester for your water and feeding

Comment

i always try to keep the ph around 6 or lower and i use a meter every time to make sure, is the ph down for growing in soil mix? i knew they used that in a hydro grow, but wasn't sure about my mix. i take vitamin C every morning and i been grinding up a tablet and adding some of that to get it down but i'll see if i can get some of that. the little town i live in wouldn't know what i was talking about if i asked for that here, so i'll check amazon for some, do you know what that stuff is made of? thanks for the reply and the info.
      gary

Comment

A teaspoon of lemon juice will also work for lowering pH (one teaspoon per gallon). When you water check the pH and then adjust it before watering or feeding your plants.

Comment

I use about 5.5 for hydro and 6.5 for soil. Grow stores all have easily accessible PH up and down but if you don't have a store near you there is another solution. White vinegar is a cheap way to make PH go down and arm & hammer baking soda will make it go up. Easy as that.

Comment

thanks garylee, that's what i found out. i use a lot of limes, in my evening mescal and i just tried a squeeze in my gal. jug of water and it came to a 6,3 ph so that's what i been useing, i rarely have to go the other way but when i do i just give it a pinch of arm & hammer and it's good to go.
            gary

Comment

If you're adding limes or lemons to water for pH down then check it again after an hour or so. The pH can sometimes fluctuate.

Comment

Working...
              X