Nutrient Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrient Suggestions

I'm about ready to start my first grow and was wondering if anyone could recommend what sort of nutrients to use. I've read up on nutrients online but I'd also like to get the perspectives of experienced growers with personal experiences.

GreenMartian, what will you grow in ? Soil ??, Hydro ?? .. the community here is very helpful and knowledgeable if they know what you will grow in. The site sure helped me with my first grow ! Great buncha guys and girls here !!

Comment

I've been cautioned against using hydro so I'll be growing in soil. Thanks!

Comment

Actually, upon some further research, I've settled on the following nute set-up:

General Hydro Combo (Floramicro & Florabloom)
        CalMag
        Budswell (Guano)

Anything I'm missing?

Comment

Molasses for flavoring before harvest.

Comment

There's so much available that it can be hard to choose. One thing I have definitely found works for me - less is more. My best results have come from laying off the nutes and relying on what I have in the soil. At the moment I am using just nettle tea for veg and BioBloom, which I believe is mostly molasses, for flowering. Requirements can vary from strain to strain. I currently have a very Hazy Skunk Haze that is taking over my grow tent and which I don't feed at all. You'll get a feeling for it as the grow progresses.
            I think that, from here on, I will try and be as organic as I can. The results are just as good and when I'm smoking I know that only good stuff has gone into my weed.

Comment

Thanks, Saturnalia! Yeah, I definitely think i need to go fully organic on my next grow after talking to more seasoned growers and reading forums. It seems like the best option by far.

Comment

Haha! I was just talking about 'less is more' on another post. Definitely the way.

Comment

• GreenMartian
                  GreenMartian commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You know, I've been hearing that from a lot of veteran growers. Someone was saying "it's weed...it's supposed to grow naturally without a bunch of interference" and that seemed so common sense.
              Working...
              X