Ph tester differance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ph tester differance

No real problems with nutes per say, but... should there be a variation testing Ph with two different brands of Ph tests ?... brands are : GH kit and API (pondcareco) sold to me by two separate hydro stores. GH test a tad lower...API a little higher. Nute mix in a gallon of RO... 15ml botanicare probloom, 3ml botanicare calmag, 10ml Alaska morbloom for added P and K, and 1 tsp molasses . I'm not worried just curious is all.
    TIA crazy

Do you have fresh batteries in both meters? Just a though.

Comment

Maybe it's just a variation in manufacturing quality. If one is obviously better quality I would go with that. If not, then I would take an average of the two readings just to be sure. Like most things in life, the real answer is quite often somewhere in the middle.. ;-)

Comment

What about dirt testing? I have such a hard time getting the ph on the dirt. Most soils are fairly neutral and you slowly bring it down from there for mj. Any thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Saturnalia View Post
          Maybe it's just a variation in manufacturing quality. If one is obviously better quality I would go with that. If not, then I would take an average of the two readings just to be sure. Like most things in life, the real answer is quite often somewhere in the middle.. ;-)
          Thanks for the input everyone... somewhere in the middle is what I chose Saturnalia...:-), Blaze it's bottled Ph test.. eventually my poor ass will get a good Ph meter... Mega , I hope someone here that has the knowledge can chime in on that...

Comment

What is the amount of difference between them?

Comment

Hey Schmokin, the difference by the color card(s) is one at 5.9-6.5ish the other 6.75-6.9ish... that is the best I can guess with the color difference... I know a meter is better, but if and when things get better I'll get one

Comment

Use to drive me nuts using those crazy, if you have different lighting where you're looking at it, at times its hard to judge what the colour actually is. I would hold it up against a blank white piece of paper with good lighting.

Comment

Working...
                X